Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 12:56 AM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen)

[QUOTE]Read... [/QUOTE

EDIT: sorry, i thought it was directed at my post.

Last edited by Vinvy; 10-31-2010 at 01:34 AM..
Old 10-31-2010, 01:13 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinvy View Post
The only reason they are saying dodonpachi or esp2, is because those are the most obvious points of comparison of games on the same system. Most of the requests people are making could be referencing any of the treasure shooters, or konami shooters, or cave shooters(or a lot of others); they are making requests that should be expected in any shooter, things that give the game a good 'feel', not things that destroy its uniqueness. Fixing things like the size of the ship, or the hit box, or the repetitious nature of the enemies, or the responsivness of the controls, aren't going to make it more like dodonpachi, they are going to make it better and more varied and more interesting. Cave shooters are a good reference point for iphone shmups though, because they did it right on the iphone.

The bullet pattern "generator"(?) in this game is really great, and dodging the bullets feels clumsy because of some strange design decisions. Destroying enemies isn't as satisfying as it is in other shooters. It can be improved upon.

This game has the core down, and could be the best original shooter on the system in a few updates. But looking to games that nailed the feel of the genre on the iphone for inspiration on ways to improve, can only be seen as a good thing to me. rRootage and noiz2sa are great examples, r-type is a great example, and yes the cave shooters are great examples.
This times a thousand.
Old 10-31-2010, 01:29 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinvy View Post
I am not asking for a clone of anything, I want to see this game improved and I see lot's of places for that. If the devs don't like what I have to say, they can ignore it, and the same goes for you. If you want to add to it, or discuss it, then I appreciate that; but a post like this does nothing, and actually makes it seem like you didn't bother to read what i had to write.

Woah Woah Woah, I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to the guy earlier that was complaining this wasent a CAVE game, and how it needed to be more like it, I agree with what you said there is some things that could be added, but no I didn't direct my comment towards you.
Old 10-31-2010, 03:15 AM

Still love this game, cant stopplayin!

best is 500,000 or so, One thing i have noticed is if you have to pause the game (heaven forbid) and then hitting resume the ship cannot be moved for a few seconds and if an enemys on screen your toast, also is it just me or is the hit box off just a wee tad, sometimes i clear bullets but still get hit.

Really looking forward to the update
Old 10-31-2010, 04:40 AM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by November's Chopin View Post
Part of the reason I love this game is because it completely proves bullet-hell is possible on the iPhone 3G. Lol at stuff like ESPGaluda that claims it's not possible. Not only is it possible it's unbelievably smooth.
Second is the graphics are amazing, but a bit messy with too many bullets onscreen.
The game is also extremely challenging, I still haven't managed to beat the first level on the easiest difficulty yet. o.o'; The bosses are way too hard, they fill the entire screen with bullets.
Acutally the reason why this game is possible on 3G is because the lack of sprites on the screen. If you ever played cave shmup, you'll know the amount of sprites appear on the screen at the same time is just insane. On the contrary, there is not much sprite aside frok bullets and bonuses in this game.
Old 10-31-2010, 09:04 AM
Banned
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Best top-down shooter EVER! Very smooth and randomized
Old 10-31-2010, 09:40 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epox View Post
Best top-down shooter EVER! Very smooth and randomized

I didn't think this had randomized levels??? or were you talking about something else?
Old 10-31-2010, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
I didn't think this had randomized levels???
Phoenix is randomized. Phoenix hasn't levels, it's a survival shmup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firi Games
Anyone can rise to the challenge in this action packed shoot'em up. Phoenix is a modern arcade game with intense action and brilliant graphics, where every playthrough is different. Some of our unique features include:

* Dynamic Difficulty - fun for everyone!
Phoenix is a challenging game that adapts its difficulty to the player skill, making it exciting for players of all skills. The adaptive AI director ensures the game provides a fair challenge for everyone, by changing the difficulty while playing.

* Procedurally Generated Content
The procedural content generator can create hundreds of thousands of enemy variations. Combined with the adaptive AI director, no single game will be the same.
Old 10-31-2010, 10:13 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

NEVERMIND to that post that I posted...

seems I need to learn to read ENTIRE posts before I open my big fat mouth...

Last edited by syntheticvoid; 10-31-2010 at 10:16 AM.. Reason: I'm... an idiot sometimes...
Old 10-31-2010, 05:49 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selachii View Post
If the list looks a bit different (*cough* #1 spot on regional ladders who had 10mil) it's because we cleaned a couple of cheaters from the system. Weren't many, which is nice.
i just registered to thank you guys for being pretty dang vigilant with the weeding out of cheaters from the leaderboard. it's nice to know that sitting there for almost an hour (or more? i don't remember) doesn't go for naught because of that lame victor guy (twice!). i noticed the first time, he was trying to be sneaky and put a score just above mine, but maybe you guys can see playing time? i'm not sure, but i'm glad you can tell, however you do it. anyway, i'll probably get beat soon, but an extra couple days atop NA doesn't feel too bad

Closed Thread