★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Phoenix (by Firi Games)

10-23-2010, 08:49 PM
Finally, I great looking bullet hell shooter for the rest of who still own 2G and lower touches. I can't wait!

Playing:|Roboto|Cordy|QuBit|Amazing Breaker|Awesome Saucer|Groove Coaster|Gesundheit!|
Favorites:|PoP:WW|Infinity Blade|World of Goo|Phoenix|Danmaku|PewPew2|Alien Space Retro|Battleheart|Gears| LGR2|iDaTank|PvZ|ME|To-Fu|Anodia|Lego HP|Fruit Ninja|I Dig It 2|Soosiz|
10-23-2010, 09:29 PM
Whoooooooooo hoooo!!

oh man, lucky to live here in Hawaii (our 5pm is EST's 11 pm)!!!!
been wanting this for QUITE A WHILE. :-)

Last edited by Fujibayashi; 10-23-2010 at 09:36 PM.

10-23-2010, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by legowiz View Post
Finally, I great looking bullet hell shooter for the rest of who still own 2G and lower touches. I can't wait!
I didn't think Icarus X was all that bad, but this looks insane. I'll definitely be picking this one up tomorrow if not in a half hour or so.
10-23-2010, 09:56 PM
Awesome. Time to unleash Insta-buy!!!

Originally Posted by "Orlandosan"
True, but when your downloading apps at the itunes store, your basically stealing without buying!
10-23-2010, 10:01 PM
Yes! I've been bouncing off the walls waiting for this one. Only one dollar?!

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms
10-23-2010, 10:41 PM
Eh... gotta say I'm a bit disappointed. The only problem I'm having is finding out what it is that I'm not digging

"I have nothing to say, and I'm saying it" - John Cage
Plus+ ID= Maythius

Game Center: Maythius
10-23-2010, 10:51 PM
Figured it out:

- Despite the great graphics; the game lacks polish. The menu is blah and there are no options to adjust sfx or to play your own music.

- I find that the ships take up more space than the bullets, and what makes this really frustrating, (mind you I'm a bullet hell fanatic) is that you'll find large ships taking up half the screen and shoot certain bullets so fast you have no chance to respond.

Don't get me wrong there is some good in this game. The only benefit of the large ships, is that there is this strategy of deciding which turrets to take out first. The adjusting difficulty seems to work fine as well.

But the game leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I would much rather play rrootage online.

"I have nothing to say, and I'm saying it" - John Cage
Plus+ ID= Maythius

Game Center: Maythius
10-23-2010, 11:08 PM
I miss those power-ups that can be triggered by pressing hold on the screen and let go. That will wipe out all the enemies in the screen. This game does not have it but the shooting look very nice on the screen.
10-23-2010, 11:26 PM
I wish the ship were smaller and less distracting, it looks really good but this is a bit of a turn off for me, and has been since I initially saw the first videos.

Best: Above, Squareball, forget-me-not, 1-bit ninja, Heroes of Kalevala, Mirror's Edge, Rat on a Skateboard, Final Freeway
10-23-2010, 11:37 PM
Omg AMAZiNG, I'm ranked 2nd in the world (TehNinia) lol, that will change soon I bet, everything is AWESOME, the ONLY 2 problems I have is the menu looks half-assed ( no offense because I know you worked your ass off for the GAMEPLAY, it's ok but could it (the menu) be updated to be as sleek as the rest of the game, also could the pause menu have a couple of options like for music or game volume such as sound fx and stuff, and the other thing is could you implement some sort of stats page for like how long you've played number of deaths, bullets fired, etc. Again you don't have to, but it would be awesome, again great game these are just some MINOR complaints, I love this game and it's now one of my all time faves, Sorry for the SUPER long post (I know, I know China called, they want their wall back, well I'm on my iPod so please forgive me).