Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 12:39 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Youtube link | Pop Up
p7lvIq1zi-Y

2nd attempt
Old 05-01-2011, 01:03 PM

Bought it and have been hooked ever since. Great graphics and fun-but-challenging gameplay. It's only a dollar. Go get it!
Old 05-01-2011, 01:13 PM
iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.x

I just got it last nite and its pretty fun. I like the local scoreboard idea. Between this game and Danmaku Unlimited lite version, I got my bullet hell games covered for at least a few days... lol.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:38 AM
iPhone (Original)

Send a message via MSN to Selachii Send a message via Skype™ to Selachii

Great to see you guys like our game!

With the assistance of some helpful players we have discovered a bug that causes the game to crash. I believe it was mentioned in this thread as well, players experienced a 'crash' after they used the 'Retry' button. It is actually related to having location services disabled in iOS4. This crash is fixed in the next update, but if you want to prevent this crash until then you will have to enable Location Services for Phoenix in the Settings App.
I have no exact ETA for the next update, yet.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:18 AM
iPhone 4

So... care to leak some info on new content?
Anyway, I was just thinking that the ships look cool in 3D form. Ever had plans to feature the ships in a Star Battalion style game?
Old 05-03-2011, 12:30 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Dang, I'm annoyed. I just beat my high score and didn't have location services on. There should be a way to resubmit your high score once your location services are turned back on. This is the second time this has happened. Pushed my 2.4mil score to 3.2mil.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:23 AM
iPhone 4

im confused and have no idea what the score mechanics are in this game
can someone care to explain? thanks!
Old 05-03-2011, 06:32 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCranium666 View Post
Dang, I'm annoyed. I just beat my high score and didn't have location services on. There should be a way to resubmit your high score once your location services are turned back on. This is the second time this has happened. Pushed my 2.4mil score to 3.2mil.
I feel the same. My high score ever was while I was on the train .... 2,1m. Not recorded. Since then I barely reach 700k and get very frustrated :-(
Old 05-03-2011, 11:38 AM
iPhone (Original)

Send a message via MSN to Selachii Send a message via Skype™ to Selachii

Your High Scores are always stored if no internet connection is available. It is uploaded whenever you play with an active internet connection.
However, Phoenix needs an active internet connection to determine your location. If this fails, your score will simply be located on the 'World' leaderboard (as we assume you were playing on the planet Earth ).
Your High Score is not lost, it's only the location information which is unavailable if there is no internet connection.

About the next patch? Well I can say it will not have any HD graphics in it. ("Boo!" I know, working as fast as we can)

The HD graphics are looking mighty impressive. We are overhauling nearly all graphics to have an extra layer of awesomeness. It is not only about the retina resolution, devices like the 3GS have a lot of calculation power compared to the 2G and 3G. We plan on using that, so 3GS owners will also benefit from the HD graphics.
"Like what?" I hear you think; Well, I hope to be able to share some teaser images with you soon, in the meantime a simple comparison of a simple element: the chunks that fall of an enemy ship when it's destroyed, in the HD version they are burning ferociously and leaving a trail of black smoke behind them. Explosions never looked sweater.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:36 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

But the game will still run on 2nd gens right?

Closed Thread