★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Goro platformer is free

10-23-2010, 09:07 PM
Goro platformer is free

Goros quest is free and it's a kirby like platformer. Speaking of which. Do u guys think if someone ported kirbys yarn to the app store but changed names and Kirby to some other character apple would approve it?
10-23-2010, 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirolak26 View Post
Do u guys think if someone ported kirbys yarn to the app store but changed names and Kirby to some other character apple would approve it?
Is that a joke?

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero

10-23-2010, 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlejumper;
Is that a joke?
Naw, dot dot heroes proved it's possible. And the iPhone 4 and iPad definitely could handle the graphics. Plus if it was marketed right imagine how much it would make and it might even make nintendo lose money.
10-23-2010, 09:24 PM
Quote:
Naw, dot dot heroes proved it's possible. And the iPhone 4 and iPad definitely could handle the graphics. Plus if it was marketed right imagine how much it would make and it might even make nintendo lose money.
It would take a long time to get the port ready. And even if it could get done, there is such a slim chance it'd get by it's crazy. Nescaline, Nintendo DS emulator, they were lucky. But just recently, Moral Decay, a way awesome run n' gun got rejected just for religion references. And if Kirby got approved, it'd be gone in a day or less. I would LOVE to see it, but it will NEVER be.

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero
10-23-2010, 09:28 PM
Quote:
Goros quest is free and it's a kirby like platformer. Speaking of which. Do u guys think if someone ported kirbys yarn to the app store but changed names and Kirby to some other character apple would approve it?
At least you could have provided a link or something...

Youtube link | Pop Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimo View Post
This is not Windows, this is Apple, dude

Last edited by f e a r l e s s; 10-23-2010 at 09:32 PM.
10-23-2010, 09:34 PM
Controls suck! Thanks for wasting 2 minutes of my life with this krapp!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimo View Post
This is not Windows, this is Apple, dude
10-23-2010, 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlejumper View Post
It would take a long time to get the port ready. And even if it could get done, there is such a slim chance it'd get by it's crazy. Nescaline, Nintendo DS emulator, they were lucky. But just recently, Moral Decay, a way awesome run n' gun got rejected just for religion references. And if Kirby got approved, it'd be gone in a day or less. I would LOVE to see it, but it will NEVER be.
I mean if they kept everything the same but changed all character names and the games name and changed or took out cut scenes. Doesn't gameloft basically do this?
10-23-2010, 11:59 PM
Quote:
Nintendo craps gold bars. They don't lose a penny when someone puts out a copy-cat product.