★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: WINNER OF THE FALL 2010 WILEY APP CHALLENGE! The Judges said: "Great gameplay, fantastic concept, great graphics... combines elements of Tetris with Bejeweled and Flight Control and takes advantage of iPhone gaming features like touchscreen line-drawing and tilting."

WHAT THE REVIEWERS SAY

Virus Strike has the makings of a major winner - so do yourself a favor: get your hands on it now. AppVader

It will convert you from Bejeweled. Funtouch

"This game is a must to check out... it has the same effect as Doodle Jump: addiction." App Stories

A good puzzler experience. TUAW

Virus Strike is a pick up and go game, fun to play over and over. Appletell

"Unique but simple and intuitive." Appolicious

"Has the hallmarks of a great game: easy to play, difficult to master." Nine Over Ten

"Give it a shot if you're a puzzle fan." Gizmodo

A NEW KIND OF GAME

Presenting a unique new challenge to gamers everywhere, VIRUS STRIKE unites classic puzzle and physics-based problem solving with intuitive iPhone gaming features like touchscreen line-drawing and tilting.

An app this groundbreaking has rarely been seen in the App Store yet it is miraculously easy to pick up and play.

HOW TO PLAY

Different-colored viruses will invade your screen. Draw lines and tilt the screen to direct viruses of the same color into groups, and then use antibodies to neutralise them.

Direct the wrong antibody to the wrong-colored group and the viruses will multiply!

FEATURES

One of the games best features is the realistic way the viruses and antibodies obey the laws of physics to you, the lines are mere drawings, but to them, the lines are physical barriers. For example:

- If the line you draw is a slope, the viruses will roll down it.

- Tilt the screen and the viruses will roll down those slopes faster.

- Alternatively, draw a circle around the viruses and they will be trapped!

INFINITE HOURS OF FUN

Just make sure you clear your schedule before downloading it because you wont be able to quit once you start...

neilf79's comments:
Hi all.

I just released Virus Strike in the App Store today:
http://itunes.apple.com/lv/app/virus-strike/id396966520?mt=8.

Completely FREE for a limited time only, it is a fast-paced action
puzzle game that combines elements of Tetris with Bejeweled and Flight
Control.

Virus Strike unites classic puzzle and physics-based problem solving
with intuitive iPhone gaming features like touchscreen line-drawing
and tilting.

One of the games best features is the realistic way the viruses and
antibodies obey the laws of physics to you, the lines are mere
drawings, but to them, the lines are physical barriers. For example:

* If the line you draw is a slope, the viruses will roll down it.
* Tilt the screen and the viruses will roll down those slopes faster.
* Alternatively, draw a circle around the viruses and they will be trapped!

Find out more here: http://www.virusstrike.com

Video: http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=489663171349

Screenshot:

I'd really appreciate feedback on the game, so please try it out and
let me know.

Enjoy!

Neil.
10-24-2010, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilf79 View Post
Hi all.

I just released Virus Strike in the App Store today:
http://itunes.apple.com/lv/app/virus-strike/id396966520?mt=8.

Completely FREE for a limited time only, it is a fast-paced action
puzzle game that combines elements of Tetris with Bejeweled and Flight
Control.

Virus Strike unites classic puzzle and physics-based problem solving
with intuitive iPhone gaming features like touchscreen line-drawing
and tilting.

One of the games best features is the realistic way the viruses and
antibodies obey the laws of physics to you, the lines are mere
drawings, but to them, the lines are physical barriers. For example:

* If the line you draw is a slope, the viruses will roll down it.
* Tilt the screen and the viruses will roll down those slopes faster.
* Alternatively, draw a circle around the viruses and they will be trapped!

Find out more here: http://www.virusstrike.com

Video: http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=489663171349

Screenshot:

I'd really appreciate feedback on the game, so please try it out and
let me know.

Enjoy!

Neil.
The concept sounds great, I'll snag it and leave some impressions.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews

10-24-2010, 10:56 AM
Just been playing this and I think it's a good little game I'm not gonna go into how it plays as it's free but I will say it's well worth a download.

To the developer are there any type of online leaderboards planned
10-24-2010, 11:14 AM
Game Impressions

Wowza!

What at first I thought would be overly gimmicky or simplistic game play is pretty gosh darned fun!

It appears you can only have one line on the screen at a time (simply tap anywhere on the screen to clear it or draw a new line somewhere else). You need to use the one line and the tilting of your device to group the various viruses together. The ocassionally dropping antiviruses are both your friends and worse nightmare! They're your friends as they're the key to busting connected groups of same colored viruses, but if by some slip up they manage to hit another color they'll instantly produce MORE of that mismatched virus (as far as I can tell the number of new viruses made by this mismatch is based on the size of the group it hits meaning if it hits a single piece on its one, one new virus is made but if it hits a really large cluster....you don't want to know). To make matters worse, when a virus and wrong antivirus hit it is like an explosion and can easily scramble some carefully sorted groups you have already setup.

The game ending condition is kind of unique in this game as well. While essentially using the age old, big trouble once the pile goes past the line up top, in this game once you pass that line the game doesn't end but you are in a sudden death mode until you manage to bring the pile back below the line. While in this sudden death mode they call "Alert", one further virus/antivirus mismatch will end the game.

5/5!

My iTunes Reviews
10-24-2010, 12:12 PM
Re: comments

Thanks for the nice comments guys.

@Howlingwolf: Yes, online leaderboards are already in development, and should be in an update soon. I'll keep you posted.

@LordGek: Thanks for the great feedback. Yes, the number of viruses created by hitting the wrong-colored group with an antibody is equal to the size of the group, up to a limit (it would get silly after a while!).

We don't seem to have any ratings in the app store yet (you could take this as a subtle hint, if you wanted!). Perhaps they take a while to come through -- does anyone know?

Regards.

Neil.
10-24-2010, 12:23 PM
Just got the game and will post feedback later since it looks interesting. My question though, is are you planning on updates. Also for the price you should have started at .99 and them reduce it to free later.
10-24-2010, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilf79 View Post
Thanks for the nice comments guys.

@Howlingwolf: Yes, online leaderboards are already in development, and should be in an update soon. I'll keep you posted.

@LordGek: Thanks for the great feedback. Yes, the number of viruses created by hitting the wrong-colored group with an antibody is equal to the size of the group, up to a limit (it would get silly after a while!).

We don't seem to have any ratings in the app store yet (you could take this as a subtle hint, if you wanted!). Perhaps they take a while to come through -- does anyone know?

Regards.

Neil.
They do as this was also my iTunes review by "Lord Gek".

My iTunes Reviews
10-24-2010, 12:29 PM
@Osujxu: Yes, we're definitely planning updates. In the next month or so we hope to add Game Center integration, and some more bits and pieces. After that, who knows? We'd like to add more "stuff" to the game, and we have a few ideas for this, but nothing has been developed yet.

I'm interested as to why your advice is to start at $.99 and then make the app free? Our aim was to build up lots of interest in the app while it's free, then start charging when it's popular. However, this is our first app, so advice is much appreciated.

Neil.
10-24-2010, 12:37 PM
Ok so for the core gameplay, the game is top notch. It has some really inventive and fresh ideas. However the game also can be greatly improved:
1. Add at least 3 more colors to twist the gameplay up a bit. If you incorporate this, then you are going to have to make the viruses smaller for more space.
2. Gamecenter leaderboards and achievments.
3. Be able to play this game in landscape mode.
4. Add some new modes for more variety.

Overall, solid game to begin with and alot of potential to be improved with updates.
10-24-2010, 12:38 PM
I think the idea of starting as free is the right one as long as the ppl who play leave the reviews on the app store , which i will be doing as soon as i get to my pc . By the same token though dont leave it free for too long .