★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: 3D Monkey Curling Now Available

10-24-2010, 09:47 AM
3D Monkey Curling Now Available (59p / 0,79 / $0.99) Download Now!

Hello.

I am the developer of a recently released game for iPhone and iPod touch called 3D Monkey Curling.

This game follows the basic idea of curling but you curl monkeys instead. You can play with any mixture of 3 friends or AI players and submit your personal scores online to be compared globally (My personal best is 4453).

The game uses real-time 3D graphics and has 3 themes for you to choose from (Snow Mountains, Raging Volcano and Icy Wood). There are realtime snow and ash effects also.

To learn more and view all the screenshots visit http://3dmonkeycurling.com

3D Monkey Curling - A fun game which you can play with up to 4 players with any mixture of AI and human players. Everything is rendered in realtime. Visit the website to learn more and to view the screenshots.

Last edited by god0fgod; 10-25-2010 at 02:08 PM.
10-24-2010, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by god0fgod View Post
This game follows the basic idea of curling but you curl monkeys instead.
Why? I am genuinely curious. Curling is such a niche sport for video games to begin with, (I own two, and would bet that's a record around here) and to my mind imbuing it with monkeys is only likely to further turn most who'd be interested in a curling game away. Did you just feel like making a curling game with monkeys? Simple as that and couldn't care less if there's a market for it or not? Or is there another reason? Again, please don't take it the wrong way, I'm genuinely curious to know.

10-24-2010, 10:23 AM
It's based on this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8de_PU63fAE

There are tons of random games on the app store. Surely games with names like "Football Extreme" get repetitive and boring?

This game isn't designed for those who like curling. It doesn't follow curling rules. It's based on the idea of getting something as close to the centre of a target as possible.

You think people will be turned away unless they like curling? For other sports games people don't seem to necessarily like it.

The idea for making game come from a desktop TimeSplitters fan game and thought I could easily (Turns out I was wrong about easy) expand the monkey curling minigame into an iphone game.

3D Monkey Curling - A fun game which you can play with up to 4 players with any mixture of AI and human players. Everything is rendered in realtime. Visit the website to learn more and to view the screenshots.

Last edited by god0fgod; 10-24-2010 at 03:09 PM.
10-24-2010, 10:55 AM
I have two as well Gabrien! We might be the only ones! But one with monkeys?

Ok if it is made for people who like curling but doesn't follow curling rules it really isn't made for people who like curling then is it? So not sure about the monkeys and curling bit but I DO know if you like curling you will want a real app, not a tongue in cheek app.

So, since it doesn't follow curling, but does have monkeys, you might be better off marketing as a monkey shuffleboard-like app on ice for those that like monkeys.
10-24-2010, 11:01 AM
Okay, thank you. So you both think the name is misleading?

Funnily enough, you two are the only ones to bring this up. Even with another forum designed for iphone developers, no one brought this up.

Can you change the name after release? I don't know.

10-24-2010, 11:02 AM
Thanks for responding. I tapped over to check on the app as I felt by rights I should now pick this up, but saw you're asking $3.99 (AUD). Luckily, I've located my mouth zipper in time. Good luck with your game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by god0fgod View Post
It's based on this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8de_PU63fAE

There are tons of random games on the app store. Surely games with names like "Football Extreme" get repetitive and boring?

This game is designed for those who like curling. It doesn't follow curling rules. It's based on the idea of getting something as close to the centre of a target as possible.

You think people will be turned away unless they like curling? For other sports games people don't seem to necessarily like it.

The idea for making game come from a desktop TimeSplitters fan game and thought I could easily (Turns out I was wrong about easy) expand the monkey curling minigame into an iphone game.
10-24-2010, 11:02 AM
I also already own two curling games and do I want another one because it has monkeys dont think so . In fact would be a reason for me not to be interested just seems like a very random idea . It might appeal to some but not quite sure who .
10-24-2010, 11:06 AM
Some people like serious games and others like off-the-wall fun games.

People like super monkey ball.

10-24-2010, 02:04 PM
The price has been reduced to Tier 2 (1.19 and $1.99).

I meant the game isn't designed solely for curling fans, sorry. I guess that confused people.

Last edited by god0fgod; 10-24-2010 at 03:09 PM.
10-25-2010, 02:07 PM
3D Monkey Curling is now only 59p, $0.99 and 0,79.

Bargain for a 3D game with so many features.