★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Introducing Major League Kickball 2010, the world's first official kickball video game! Play it now and be a part of history in the making!

Major League Kickball 2010 offers truly interactive kicking, pitching and fielding gameplay using actual touchscreen controls and actions instead of on-screen buttons and joysticks, providing for a unique and engaging experience every time!

KICKING: Swiping the screen puts all the kick control in your hands! Each swipe is unique and determines the direction, speed and power of your kick!

PITCHING: Control the speed, accuracy, and direction of every pitch! Select from multiple types of pitches and then swipe the screen to trace the path of each pitch. Computer opponents will also intelligently adapt to your play style to keep the game challenging and new each time you pick it up!!

FIELDING: On offense, control the speed of your base runners and slide to avoid tag outs! On Defense, touch the screen to throw the ball between bases and trace double plays and triple plays!

Many of us remember kickball from the schoolyard but in recent years it has made a huge resurgence due to its mass appeal and popularity. Now the game we all know and love has finally made it in to the major leagues! Find out more by visiting www.majorleaguekickball.co and start showing support for your favorite teams and players. Major League Kickball 2010 offers full season/league mode gameplay, as well as exhibition mode and home run derby. Pick your favorite team and play for the national championship or try to beat your home run high score!!

Features:
8 Different Teams
Season & League Play
Exhibition Play
Interactive Kicking, Pitching & Fielding
* Hidden Unlockable Team
* Retina Display Support
* iPad Version Available

Please follow us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/majorleaguekickball

Your support and feedback will help us to make Major League Kickball better! Please spread the word and help us take the world by storm!

ceruphin's comments:
No Joystick. No "Tap to Swing" Button.
Plus sales help support charity!!!

Youtube link | Pop Up

Introducing Major League Kickball 2010, the world's first official kickball video game! Play it now and be a part of history in the making! A portion of sales for each download will be donated to supporting pediatric cancer charities.

Major League Kickball 2010 offers truly interactive kicking, pitching and fielding gameplay using actual touchscreen controls and actions instead of on-screen buttons and joysticks, providing for a unique and engaging experience every time!

KICKING:
Swiping the screen puts all the kick control in your hands! Each swipe is unique and determines the direction, speed and power of your kick!

PITCHING:
Control the speed, accuracy, and direction of every pitch! Select from multiple types of pitches and then swipe the screen to trace the path of each pitch. Computer opponents will also intelligently adapt to your play style to keep the game challenging and new each time you pick it up!

FIELDING:
On offense, control the speed of your base runners and slide to avoid tag outs! On Defense, touch the screen to throw the ball between bases and trace double plays and triple plays!

Many of us remember kickball from the schoolyard but in recent years it has made a huge resurgence due to its mass appeal and popularity. Now the game we all know and love has finally made it in to the major leagues! Find out more by visiting www.majorleaguekickball.co and start showing support for your favorite teams and players. Major League Kickball 2010 offers full season/league mode gameplay, as well as exhibition mode and home run derby. Pick your favorite team and play for the national championship or try to beat your home run high score!!

FEATURES:
8 Different Teams
Season & League Play
Exhibition Play
Home Run Derby
Interactive Kicking, Pitching & Fielding
Hidden Unlockable Team
Retina Display Support
iPad Version Available
10-24-2010, 08:09 PM
This game has got to be genre-breaking....Kickball! Looks mighty fine!

Edit:
I checked the link provided and there really IS a kickball league! Wow. I live about an hour away from DC and saw a DC and MD team so I may have to check it out sometime...

"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
Drummerboycroy

Last edited by ColeDaddy; 10-24-2010 at 10:16 PM.

10-24-2010, 08:42 PM
Send a message via AIM to ceruphin
Thanks,

We hope people get excited to help start the league

Ex AppleCare Support Rep - I have some funny stories
MBP 15-Inch Dual 2.33 2GB 320GB 7.2K SATA (mod)
10-24-2010, 09:18 PM
What if gamevil and freeverse each made a kickball game? That'd pwn.

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero
10-24-2010, 09:25 PM
no it wouldn't... cause they would rip off and copy our ideas

we have path trace pitching which is better than any of the others, and our kicking is really cool

we did it first, and we are Major League Kickball : )

spread the word!

10-24-2010, 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceruphin View Post
no it wouldn't... cause they would rip off and copy our ideas

we have path trace pitching which is better than any of the others, and our kicking is really cool

we did it first, and we are Major League Kickball : )

spread the word!
No need to diss, not calling out your game. I'm just saying it'd rock because those guys always have amazing graphics, and Freeverse even has prizes to unlock! Just look at Skee-Ball, NBA Hotshot, and We Bowl from Freeverse, and the Baseball Superstar series from gamevil. That's a whole bunch of win. And it's not like you created kickball you know.

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero
10-24-2010, 09:45 PM
I TOFTT. It's pretty simple, but fun. You can pick up and play pretty quickly. The controls seem spot on. It's kind of a novelty, but a fun one. I have very fond memories of playing kickball in elementary school. I remember we took it pretty seriously. For 2 bucks? Sure, why not?

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
10-24-2010, 09:51 PM
haha - I know we didn't invent kickball, doodle : )

I just mean that it would be cool to get some credit for doing it before another much larger developer comes and copies our ideas, that's all

I hope you guys like the app though, we would love to keep making updates!

10-25-2010, 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeDaddy View Post
This game has got to be genre-breaking....Kickball! Looks mighty fine!

Edit:
I checked the link provided and there really IS a kickball league! Wow. I live about an hour away from DC and saw a DC and MD team so I may have to check it out sometime...
Yea Cole, the league is hoping to have a real presence in about 16 cities by the start of the 2011 season... we need a lot of work to get there though

10-25-2010, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlejumper View Post
What if gamevil and freeverse each made a kickball game? That'd pwn.
Why would you come to thread where a guy is trying to promote his game, and say it would be great if some other company made the same game?

That is very trollish.