Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-25-2010, 08:26 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drucifer View Post
This is great news. It does kind of suck that there is no hotseat or online but maybe they will add them in the future, if not online then hopefully at least hotseat for all the iPad owners.

We should be seeing Reiner Knizia's Ra hitting the App Store soon too. I think the devs (who also did Medici) said they were hoping to have it available by Halloween.
Agree about the lack of multiplayer. The one sign of hope is that Money, High Society, and Kingdoms are all based off the same engine. As the dev continues to use the same engine; benefits can be shared across them. So if hotseat comes to Kingdoms then I'd expect to see it in Money and High Society as well.

The price (3.99) is high in my opinion. That price point is just a dollar short of games like carcassonne, samurai, uno, and blockus; which have internet based multiplayer and a dollar more than neuroshima hex which at the least has hotseat.

Also, Ra is shaping up really nicely. It's based off the same engine used in Medici so it feels familiar but they (codito) took the time to add some great polish and effects.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:08 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

I recommend you to pass on this game and buy Samurai instead; an universal multiplayer awesome game.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:11 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganTnT View Post
Agree about the lack of multiplayer. The one sign of hope is that Money, High Society, and Kingdoms are all based off the same engine. As the dev continues to use the same engine; benefits can be shared across them. So if hotseat comes to Kingdoms then I'd expect to see it in Money and High Society as well.

The price (3.99) is high in my opinion. That price point is just a dollar short of games like carcassonne, samurai, uno, and blockus; which have internet based multiplayer and a dollar more than neuroshima hex which at the least has hotseat.

Also, Ra is shaping up really nicely. It's based off the same engine used in Medici so it feels familiar but they (codito) took the time to add some great polish and effects.
As a solo player this is no concern to me and other than maybe the initial AI of Money, the dev team behind this game knows how to make decent challenging AI with this engine so it is only a good thing!
Old 10-25-2010, 09:44 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakeer Melkhor View Post
I recommend you to pass on this game and buy Samurai instead; an universal multiplayer awesome game.
I recommend you buy both. Then immediately buy every other Kinizia game because they're all fantastic in their own ways.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:50 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
As a solo player this is no concern to me and other than maybe the initial AI of Money, the dev team behind this game knows how to make decent challenging AI with this engine so it is only a good thing!
I generally play solo as well, but for me it's a perceived value. I may not use the feature often but knowing that if I have a friend that would like to play, or even learn to play, I can start a 2 player game is more valuable to me.

I'm not exactly hurting for knizia games so I'll just wait and see on this one. I've never heard of it which I suppose is why it doesn't have the "MUST HAVE" quality of something like Money or High Society
Old 10-25-2010, 09:57 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
I also play single player. With all my board game adaptions I have not once attempted to try multiplayer. However in this genre of gaming I think local multiplayer is a must. I can understand not setting up an online infrastructure and the hassles that entails but board game adaptations should be available for people to play as they would the original physical game. I know next to nothing about programming but as devs already have the game in place I don't think it should be too hard to add an option that simply removes the AI.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:14 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

For those interested, here is a brief description of the board game.
http://www.rpg.net/reviews/archive/9/9518.phtml
Old 10-30-2010, 11:18 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Played this on a friends device to learn how to play and decide if I would like it...

The game froze twice when an AI opponent "played (null)". The tile it was going to play bounced back to its hand; it remained revealed and sat ontop of the other castle tiles.

We had to force quit the app and start our game over
Old 10-30-2010, 11:27 PM

Here's an interesting read from the programmer of all three of their games (money, high society, kingdoms) about what makes a good board game app.

http://www.boardgamenews.com/columns...obile-eurogame
Old 11-08-2010, 01:46 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Down to $2.99.

Tempting.