• Publisher: Skotos Tech
  • Genre: Card
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 19.5 MB
  • Version: 1.60
  • Price: $3.99
  • Average User Rating: 3.5 (2)
App description: Kingdoms is a clever tile-laying game by top eurogame designer, Reiner Knizia. In a medieval kingdom, you must scout out resources and hazards to decide where to build your mightiest castles. Commit too soon and you might discover a tribe of ogres right next door, but commit too late, and your opponents will grab up all the real estate!

Six different opponents, each with their own personality, challenge you at a variety of difficulty levels to make the game very replayable.

Kingdoms is built on the same successful MobileEuroCard platform that was used to create Reiner Knizia's High Society and Reiner Knizia's Money. Simple gestures allow you to grab and move tiles. Everything is animated, for a colorful play experience.

This newest version uses Game Center for leaderboards and achievements. We plan multiplayer play for a future release.
11-08-2010, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by medianotzu View Post
Down to $2.99.

Tempting.
It was also updated to fix a few bugs including a crash bug when the speed was set to no delay and a late game lock up.

I'm not sure if that late game lock up is the bug I experienced with the game saying "(null)" on an ai players turn and the game freezing.

Until I know for sure that bug was fixed I won't pick up this up. I didn't like going three rounds into a game with a friend and the game having to be deleted
11-08-2010, 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganTnT View Post
It was also updated to fix a few bugs including a crash bug when the speed was set to no delay and a late game lock up.

I'm not sure if that late game lock up is the bug I experienced with the game saying "(null)" on an ai players turn and the game freezing.

Until I know for sure that bug was fixed I won't pick up this up. I didn't like going three rounds into a game with a friend and the game having to be deleted
I wish the dev were here to answer this concern. Has anyone else had this problem?

Also, do this game and High Society keep stats for your wins/losses/etc.?

Edit: Nevermind on the stats; I see on screenshot 7 (for both apps) that they do.

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms

Last edited by medianotzu; 11-08-2010 at 07:53 PM.

11-08-2010, 07:53 PM
Quote:
I wish the dev were here to answer this concern. Has anyone else had this problem?

Also, do this game and High Society keep stats for your wins/losses/etc.?
No clue on the bug but yes, it tracks your stats just like this dev's RK Money and RK High Society do.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
OpenFeint, Plus+, & Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, Crystal, & iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
11-08-2010, 09:05 PM
Very tempting, except after buying Medici and High Society within 3 days, I am putting this one "on hold"...

Statement: Star Wars has 2 characters with strange use of grammar: Yoda and HK-47. I pick HK-47 for it is meaner.

Honestly, I was never terribly good at games. - Finch (PoI S2E16)
11-08-2010, 09:19 PM
Does this game, like High Society, have no sound at all?

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms
12-01-2010, 03:08 AM
Down to $2.99 again.
01-07-2011, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Does this game, like High Society, have no sound at all?
bump

"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
Drummerboycroy
01-07-2011, 02:40 PM
$3.99 -> $1.99 today.
01-07-2011, 03:22 PM
Does it not have sound? I see some comments to that effect in the reviews, but then that might have been an old version. I don't need much sound, but having it completely silent would be weird and it makes me think it's a half-hearted effort.
01-07-2011, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
As a solo player this is no concern to me and other than maybe the initial AI of Money, the dev team behind this game knows how to make decent challenging AI with this engine so it is only a good thing!
I recently picked up Money again and was astonished how good the KI has become in the meantime. So, you should try it out again. The Kingdoms KI is terrific and beats me almost every time, although I mostly win against human players (playing the real game).

Now playing: Shadowmatic, Waterdeep, PvZ2, Kami, Lost Cities
Waiting for: Love you to bits, Lumino City, Onirim