★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The most famous videogame ever is back in this new version that combines the great gameplay of all time with a new conception of sound and graphic design.

In addition, support for the "Game Center" will make your experience even richer, allowing you to be able to compare your score with those of the best players of the world.

Himika, enjoy your new favourite videogame!

Please Note: Users with 3G iPhone will not be able to use the Game Center Feature, due to the device limitation.

The app is no more supported by ad. In the next few days there will be a free upgrade that will remove any ads from the app.
10-24-2010, 10:38 PM
This is actually a pretty good game. Wonder why Apple let this through... Has EA not noticed yet? They pulled Tris back in the day... Let's see how long this survives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimo View Post
This is not Windows, this is Apple, dude

10-24-2010, 11:30 PM
Nice Tetris Clone, thanks for spotting.

Challenge me on Gamecenter: tblrsa
App-Echo - Your place for German iOS App and Game Reviews
Follow us on Twitter!
10-25-2010, 06:02 AM
Hi!

Thank you by me also fearless, I'm the author of Himika!

For the problem of copyright you told however there's no problem. The gameplay is not "copyrightable" for USA laws, the only thing you have to pay attention to is the name (you can't name it TETROS or something like TETR*), the graphics and the sounds that have to be original (as mine are, since the graphics is mine and the soundtrack has been made by an artist my friend).

However: the game is free just for a few days so... Download it for free now and enjoy!!
Ps if you like the game, please help me: rate it on the app store!

Bye
Dave

Ps I know, my english is really bad... Sorry!!!
10-25-2010, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastro35 View Post
Thank you by me also fearless, I'm the author of Himika!

For the problem of copyright you told however there's no problem. The gameplay is not "copyrightable" for USA laws, the only thing you have to pay attention to is the name (you can't name it TETROS or something like TETR*), the graphics and the sounds that have to be original (as mine are, since the graphics is mine and the soundtrack has been made by an artist my friend).

However: the game is free just for a few days so... Download it for free now and enjoy!!
Ps if you like the game, please help me: rate it on the app store!

Bye
Dave

Ps I know, my english is really bad... Sorry!!!
I guess Tris was pulled do to the about screen thanking people that Apple doesn't appreciate. I dunno... Anyway...

Your game is worth the price and controls really nice. I like it. Love the soundtrack, too. Thank you!

Quote:
10-25-2010, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f e a r l e s s View Post
I guess Tris was pulled do to the about screen thanking people that Apple doesn't appreciate. I dunno... Anyway...

Your game is worth the price and controls really nice. I like it. Love the soundtrack, too. Thank you!
No fearless, thank YOU!

P.S. The version 1.1 has been sent to Apple for the review. There's a new game mode for expert players, really harder to play...

Bye
Dave
10-25-2010, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f e a r l e s s View Post

If you have EA's tetris app, would you say that the controls for this game are better? It's the drag the block around with your finger, right? Is it floaty, like Tris, or exact like Tris? How would you describe the controls?
10-25-2010, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikemike View Post
If you have EA's tetris app, would you say that the controls for this game are better? It's the drag the block around with your finger, right? Is it floaty, like Tris, or exact like Tris? How would you describe the controls?
I have EA's Tetris, Tris, Himika, and a few others.

Himika's controls feel like they are in between Tris and Tetris.

Tetris has that snap to grid feel, Tris (like you said) is floaty and Himika is... a heavy and floaty feel. Almost no float. lol It's hard to explain, I guess...

Quote:
10-25-2010, 07:06 PM
For me this is the best version of Tetris on the idevice and I love the music
10-25-2010, 07:08 PM
Two people saying they love it? I'm going in. = )

Now, Mr. mastro35, you'd better not pull some freebie thing where this goes free a day or two after I bought it. Please.

Last edited by ikemike; 10-25-2010 at 07:10 PM.