★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: turtle soup

03-14-2009, 06:25 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
turtle soup

anyone tried this ?

reduced down to 99c now!

looks like could be an interesting puzzle game.

anyone got an info / tried it ?

03-14-2009, 07:00 PM
Haven't tried it, but reviews smell fishy. One of the reviewers was named turtlefantoo. That being said, it could just be a coincidence considering you are soup. I'm on a low budget anyways, so sorry that I can't TOFTT.

Edit: I think there's a lite version. I might try that out.

TA's resident ios rhythm game player
Former #1 Rhythm Control 2 Player (#2 now)
Unofficial #1 Gears Player (ignoring hackers)
Check out my Rhythm Game thread
03-15-2009, 12:54 AM
The game is actually kind of interesting. It is Theseus / Labyrinth in spirit only. The main rule is that when either you or a chef hits a wall, they turn right. There is no "one move for you, two moves for them" sort of thing. In fact, all movement is done in real time for all parties involved. There aren't always 4 chefs, either. Currently I'm on level 4 or 5 (can't remember which), and the most I've had is two chefs. The other thing that differentiates this game from Theseus style games is that it's one of those where you plan all the moves at the beginning. On the right side of the screen there are one or more arrows that you can place on the board to direct the flow of traffic. Once all arrows are placed you click start to see if the turtle can make it to its shell without crossing the path of any chefs or running into any kitchen utensils. The intro is pretty amusing, and the cut scene isn't bad either, though unfortunately they use the same cut scene for every level. The music is pretty upbeat too. All told, after playing the first few levels it seems worth 99 cents, especially since according to the menu there are 100 levels!

Eric Pankoke
Mobile Games Reviewer: Rusty Sabre, TouchMyApps
Blog: iPhone Life
Twitter: RustySabre