★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Join over 2 million shavers.
*Thanks to all the players. We really do appreciate it.

Help our hygiene challenged gal with her hairy legs. Guide the razor down her leg and avoid various disgusting blemishes, scrapes and bruises. Stack power ups and watch your score climb. Compete worldwide with players using iPhones, iPods, iPads and other brand name devices.

*Global scoring
*Supports Chinese Language with custom theme song.
*Easy to play
*Humorous theme
*Fast action
*Test your reflexes
*Various power ups

heythere's comments:
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0045.PNG
Views:	3
Size:	184.4 KB
ID:	24762

In Hairy Legs you guide a razor down a never ending leg full of blemishes and obstacles that you need to avoid. The farther you go the faster it gets. Along the way you will encounter some power ups, such as the shaving cream and golden razor.

The game allows you to enter your name and save your top 5 scores locally on your iDevice. If you have Internet access you can submit your scores to the global server and see how you rank amongst other shavers.

The game uses the accelerometer to guide the razor. You simply tilt it from side to side to move the razor. Each hair is worth points so you want to make sure you go for the occasional patches of hair.

We hope you give it a shot and let us know what you think.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hairy-legs/id391900070?mt=8

Thanks,
Hey There Software
10-25-2010, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimo View Post
This is not Windows, this is Apple, dude

10-25-2010, 02:14 PM
I'm not even going to ask. I'm just going to stare in slack-jawed befuddlement.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
10-25-2010, 02:20 PM
OMG things on the app store get more bizzare by the day
10-25-2010, 02:20 PM
Wanna shave someone else's leg? There's an app for that.

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero
10-25-2010, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlejumper View Post
Wanna shave someone else's leg? There's an app for that.
hehehe

Mis-quotes!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSon View Post
The bottom two is where you can buy your bottom turrets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
at this point I should say we're not looking for anymore guys
10-25-2010, 03:21 PM
yes, but what makes this stand out from all the OTHER poor-hygiene simulation apps out there?

By the makers of Virtual Dust Bunnies!

Last edited by headcaseGames; 10-25-2010 at 07:52 PM.
10-25-2010, 03:36 PM
kinda slightly ripped off from magnetic shaving derby, don't you think?

add me on PSN = uranium65
10-25-2010, 07:39 PM
Just some comments on the comments.

"kinda slightly ripped off from magnetic shaving derby, don't you think?"

If it was ripped off it was not intentional. In looking at that game this plays nothing like it. As it speeds up this becomes simply a matter of how fast you can move to avoid the obstacles. The farther you go the faster it gets and different obstacles are introduced. Hairy Legs looks more involved and action oriented from what I can tell. Hairy Legs is a vertical scroller.

"yes, but what makes this stand out from all the OTHER poor-hygiene simulation apps out there?"

I have not played to many of them. Some of the ones I have played were good little time killers and some seemed like they were just trying to get people to buy them based on how gross or disgusting it was. Hairy Legs was intended to be humorous, but at the same time have a fun game involved with it. Anyone we have heard back from has been pleasantly surprised with the gameplay. The only real issues have been crashes on multi-task devices when to many apps are running. This is off the subject, but in some testing with people in our local area, 14 out of 14 people had no idea how to access the multi-task pane and shut down apps in the background. Anyone who has e-mailed with a crashing problem, that was it and it was fixed when they reduced down to 12-15 apps or so running.

Hairy Legs is not trying to get a sale based on disgusting. We want you to enjoy the game and we believe it is a fun game that is easily worth the price. It has been out a month and we intend to update obstacles and add to it at least once a month. It has one update out already and another pending right now. We know this is no Angry Birds or any number of top quality games out there that have studios behind them, in fact this is our first game out. With that being said, we are proud of it and definatley pleased with how it is selling.

Thanks and Happy Gaming,
Hey There Software
10-25-2010, 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by runformoney1110 View Post
kinda slightly ripped off from magnetic shaving derby, don't you think?
Do you make that comment for every game out there? Because, one way or another, almost all games are ripped off of other games. So, you know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimo View Post
This is not Windows, this is Apple, dude