★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: CastleGuard Hack & Slash RPG Action $.99

03-14-2009, 06:25 PM
CastleGuard Hack & Slash RPG Action $.99

CastleGuard-Hack & Slash RPG Action Game 99c!

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=307523660&mt=8

This game is now only .99 since Dave the developer dropped the price! I noticed this very recently in appsniper. It's supposed to be a Hack & Slash RPG with Action mixed in. If you want to see more pictures and an actual video of the game please go to Dave Young's site who is the developer. He also plans to add on to the game with story and content updates.
http://daveyounggames.com/

This does look interesting. I might TOFTT, anyone else interested?

Last edited by CandyNJ66; 03-14-2009 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Changed Price to reflect price drop
03-14-2009, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiffyone View Post
Reading the app description, I run across this:

Requirements:

Compatible with iPhone and iPod touch (2nd generation)

Another absolutely "brilliant" () developer, locking out however many millions of 1st gen iTouch users who may have been interested in trying this game (like me).

Seriously...sometimes I just...I really question the business savvy of some developers who develop games for this platform. Why would you knowingly lock out a good chunk of the potential consumer base? And don't anyone give me that "it might not run on the 1st gen touch" nonsense. The only real difference between the 1st and 2nd gen touch is that the 2nd gen has a faster clocked ARM CPU. The 1st gen touch and the 1st gen iPhone are pretty close together, and yet the 1st gen iPhone has no trouble running the game while the 1st gen touch is locked out. Why? And shouldn't developers know by now to optimize for the 1st gen touch since it's the base model for the platform? It's common sense. Optimize for the 1st gen touch and it'll run across ALL of the models, and there'd be no split in the audience thereby ensuring that the potential consumer base is the largest it can possibly be.

Jeez.

Get it together devs.
lol, I think you're oversimplifying it a little bit.

03-14-2009, 06:42 PM
Look like an action-TD more than a RPG.
03-14-2009, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadSanta View Post
Look like an action-TD more than a RPG.
wait... What?

No, it's an action rpg.

TA's resident ios rhythm game player
Former #1 Rhythm Control 2 Player (#2 now)
Unofficial #1 Gears Player (ignoring hackers)
Check out my Rhythm Game thread
03-14-2009, 06:57 PM
Why don't you write Dave? He seemingly wants a lot of feedback, so I suggest saying all that to him and asking him. Maybe he will do an update (which he plans to do anyway he said) and will include the 1 gen in it.
03-14-2009, 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coconutbowling View Post
wait... What?

No, it's an action rpg.
Will you check it out? heh I'm waiting for someone to be first to TOFTT
03-14-2009, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiffyone View Post
Oversimplifying what, exactly?

The only real significant difference in terms of hardware between the 1st and 2nd gen touch is that the latter has it's ARM 11 CPU clocked a bit faster. That's basically it.

As the original 1st gen iPhone runs the game, so too should the 1st gen touch, as those two are close.
I don't want to hear this or any other dev that does that sort of "thinking" to complain about lack of sales, btw. They've screwed themselves.

Seriously...it's almost like they don't want to even have the chance to ensure themselves the best possibility for some return on investment.
I think it's an oversight and a lack of understanding of the market. Often you will see apps come out where they don't have any Gen 1 support for whatever reason, and once they hear enough complaints, they quickly put together an update. So it's not difficult to do, but I think many don't pay attention to forums such as this because they are so head's down in development. With developers, we may take for granted what we know, but it's a different mindset with them. I may be generalizing, but developers are not generally business savvy. I don't believe it's intentional...I think they just don't know.

Last edited by Big Albie; 03-14-2009 at 07:01 PM.
03-14-2009, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩 View Post
Why don't you write Dave? He seemingly wants a lot of feedback, so I suggest saying all that to him and asking him. Maybe he will do an update (which he plans to do anyway he said) and will include the 1 gen in it.

Yea, I was like SWEET!!! when i sae it but then i saw the 2G thing.. i have a 1G
03-14-2009, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coconutbowling View Post
wait... What?

No, it's an action rpg.
Sorry my english suck,I mean,from the video,he don't move around,the enemies come in numbered wawes,maybe the pg level up but this can't qualify this game into the "rpg" category.
And there aren't any kind of spell/equipment,only a bow and a sword.
Definitely NOT a RPG.
03-14-2009, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩 View Post
CastleGuard-Hack & Slash RPG Action Game $2.99

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=307523660&mt=8

I noticed this very recently in appsniper, it's not in appshopper yet. It's supposed to be a Hack & Slash RPG with Action mixed in. If you want to see more pictures and an actual video of the game please go to Dave Young's site who is the developer. He also plans to add on to the game with story and content updates.
http://daveyounggames.com/

This does look interesting. I might TOFTT, anyone else interested?
You are on the ball today Candy. Thanks for the heads up, I'm checking things out now.....

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon