★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Inspired by Left 4 Dead by Valve, Zombies : The Last Stand is the ultimate mobile first person zombie shooter!

IPAD USERS: Get Zombies HD instead!

View the trailer with all the weapons here!
http://tinyurl.com/ZombiesiPhone

FEATURES:
- Use cash to upgrade your speed and other capabilities
- Variety of guns, all upgradeable
- 25 increasingly difficult missions
- Unique types of zombies: Crawlers, walkers, runners, tanks, poppers, jumpers, jumping tanks, and even pygmy zombies.
- Leaderboards and achievements using Game Center
- Realtime shadows
- Normal mapping, detail mapping, parallax mapping
- Freedom to move anywhere in the 3D environment
- 3D Audio (best played with headphones)
- 7 spooky and exciting background music tracks

CONTROLS:
- Analog stick to move,hold and drag in lower right to aim and shoot at the same time. Swipe anywhere else to rotate camera.
OR
Use the gyroscope to aim if your device supports that!

NOTES:
- This game requires OpenGL ES 2.0, which is only supported on: iPhone 4+, iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 3G/4G, and iPad.

Send suggestions to: support@rockingpocketgames.com

For more games visit www.RockingPocketGames.com
10-25-2010, 08:05 PM
Only a buck? Sick! Does it support iPod Touch 2G? Not sure, since I remember there being some sort of shadow effects I'm not sure would work without the 3G stuff.

10-25-2010, 08:10 PM
The problem is, how many games are there going to be like this? How is this ANY different from the 10 or 12 other games that look to play exactly like this? Is there anything that sets it apart? I haven't been following this game in the upcoming thread (if there even is one).

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
10-25-2010, 08:11 PM
It's compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod Touch 3rd and 4th gen, and iPad. 2G does not have OpenGL 2 so it will not run on that.

Apps: Mech Pilot, Zombies HD, Zombies The Last Stand, iFishing (and all spinoffs), Puppet Jump, Pocket Farm, Dark Raider, Blue Skies, and more! (www.RockingPocketGames.com)
10-25-2010, 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
The problem is, how many games are there going to be like this? How is this ANY different from the 10 or 12 other games that look to play exactly like this? Is there anything that sets it apart? I haven't been following this game in the upcoming thread (if there even is one).
good icon though!
10-25-2010, 08:14 PM
This game has realtime lighting, dynamic shadow mapping, parallax bump mapping, detail textures, so it looks MUCH better than anything else.

Also full 3D movement in a 3D environment (not like some zombie games where you can only aim), upgradeable weapons and more levels on the way.

Apps: Mech Pilot, Zombies HD, Zombies The Last Stand, iFishing (and all spinoffs), Puppet Jump, Pocket Farm, Dark Raider, Blue Skies, and more! (www.RockingPocketGames.com)
10-25-2010, 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGGuy View Post
It's compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod Touch 3rd and 4th gen, and iPad. 2G does not have OpenGL 2 so it will not run on that.
Crap... Well, I guess I'll wait until I get a new iPod/iPhone. Ah well, awesome looking game anyway.
10-25-2010, 08:20 PM
I will buy this and post some impressions soon.
10-25-2010, 08:25 PM
Is a lite or free version of this one coming too?
10-25-2010, 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGGuy View Post
This game has realtime lighting, dynamic shadow mapping, parallax bump mapping, detail textures, so it looks MUCH better than anything else.

Also full 3D movement in a 3D environment (not like some zombie games where you can only aim), upgradeable weapons and more levels on the way.
Fair enough. You certainly priced it to sell. Good luck, and I'll keep my eyes open for impressions.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!