Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-29-2011, 03:47 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

i hit the skip button when i shouldn't have and missed the talk on where <spoiler> •••Spoiler:  Cornelius tells me to go meet the boss after dropping off the hijacked Vossk ship at the start of Valkyrie. How do you get to talk to the boss? <spoiler> thanks
Old 04-29-2011, 04:54 PM

Kind of on the fence about this game. Can someone tell me if this is this similar to Tie fighter/Freespace. Is this more arcade or sim? Thanks
Old 04-29-2011, 06:22 PM

The mission to mine a void essence core from an asteroid in the Valkyrie add-on is a pain in the ass, either that or I suck. For one, the enemies are stronger now so I have to destroy them before mining, yet by the time I finish more are on the way, and it's near impossible to mine without being shot at. Two, I was just never good at mining cores in the first place. Three, it takes a while before you can find an "A" asteroid to begin mining.

Been loving the expansion up till now, but I'm ready to throw in the towel.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:32 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblackw0lf View Post
The mission to mine a void essence core from an asteroid in the Valkyrie add-on is a pain in the ass, either that or I suck. For one, the enemies are stronger now so I have to destroy them before mining, yet by the time I finish more are on the way, and it's near impossible to mine without being shot at. Two, I was just never good at mining cores in the first place. Three, it takes a while before you can find an "A" asteroid to begin mining.

Hint: there are alternative ways of collecting void essence other than drilling.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:16 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shatner's hairpiece View Post
Just started this. Finding it quite difficult to complete missions with the Betty, even though it has a good shield. Also getting tired of mining to make money. Is there a trick to mining? I can never stay on a rock more than a few seconds before getting thrown off. I've never once got a core. Is there a way to change the difficulty setting while playing? I'm on normal but would like to switch it to easy. Very tedious to accept a mission to deliver something, travel 4 jumps, then get blasted in 30 seconds by enemies.
Just keep playing and making money, either by mining or trading. The beginning of the game goes slowly but once you have enough money for a decent ship the game gets much more fun. In the beginning of the game, you won't have enough cargo space to mine cores. I recommend finding lucrative trade routes and making money slowly but surely that way. Remember: buy low, sell high!
Old 04-29-2011, 09:15 PM

Quote:

You can do what the other poster said or if you really wanna drill bring some wingmen and use your stealth drive right before you start drilling. You should last long enough when cloak wears off to get the essence.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:16 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by kali View Post
You can do what the other poster said or if you really wanna drill bring some wingmen and use your stealth drive right before you start drilling. You should last long enough when cloak wears off to get the essence.
This or use one of those emergency shields
Old 04-29-2011, 09:23 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:

What kind of gear do you have? The best scanners show A class asteroids with a big gold letter on them... kind of hard to miss. You may also need a better drill like the hidden one that has 100% efficiency. You could also get an auto turret which should be able to provide some defense while you focus on mining
Old 04-29-2011, 09:29 PM
Banned
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Should I buy the Dace or anaan ship?
Old 04-29-2011, 09:55 PM
iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jak56 View Post
gah. almost got the kaamo station then got killed :-/

@romeo longsword
i beg to differ about the point u said about bad writing in space trading games- warpgate had a great storyline with multiple story arcs!
I respect your view, but I like a good story thus I expect more.

Wrapgate has a better story but it does not mean it's great, just greater compare with GOF2, just my personal view