Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-01-2012, 09:17 PM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Any advice for mining ore? Not sure what the heck I'm doing, really. I fail every mining attempt. Thing goes all over the place, and I'm not sure at what point I'm finished.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:15 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyDad View Post
Any advice for mining ore? Not sure what the heck I'm doing, really. I fail every mining attempt. Thing goes all over the place, and I'm not sure at what point I'm finished.
You have to keep the cursor in the middle of the concentric rings, the higher "class" an asteroid is - and the weaker your mining laser - the harder this will be. If you sway out of the rings, you'll have a short time to get back in before the laser destroys the asteroid and you get nothing. Basically the idea is just keep your cursor inside the rings while you mine the contents, which is shown with a number that counts down. Keep practising, you'll get the hang of it =)
Old 06-01-2012, 10:39 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabin1981 View Post
You have to keep the cursor in the middle of the concentric rings, the higher "class" an asteroid is - and the weaker your mining laser - the harder this will be. If you sway out of the rings, you'll have a short time to get back in before the laser destroys the asteroid and you get nothing. Basically the idea is just keep your cursor inside the rings while you mine the contents, which is shown with a number that counts down. Keep practising, you'll get the hang of it =)
Can you explain to me how you're supposed to initiate this sequence? I got it the first time, but I just can't replicate it.
Old 06-02-2012, 12:27 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoEclipse View Post
Can you explain to me how you're supposed to initiate this sequence? I got it the first time, but I just can't replicate it.
Have a scanner and drill equipped, then target any asteroid. Eventually, It will lock on, and an arrow will appear on the shoot button. Hit it and you will lock onto the asteroid. When you are a few metres from it, your ship will land on it and drilling will commence!
Old 06-02-2012, 06:28 AM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Quote:
I wish that were the case, but I simply can't complete a single asteroid. There has to be a better way to control that thing. The virtual stick feels like trying to balance an elephant on a teacup. Argh!
Old 06-02-2012, 08:04 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

It's best to start off with C or D class asteroids, that way the laser indicator won't swing around like a drunken ballet dancer It really does take practise and sometimes you have to fight with the slightly-unresponsive virtual stick to get the laser to stay on target.. but you WILL do it in the end! =)

http://galaxyonfire.wikia.com/wiki/Asteroids

That should give a bit clearer indication.
Old 06-02-2012, 09:01 AM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Quote:
It's best to start off with C or D class asteroids, that way the laser indicator won't swing around like a drunken ballet dancer It really does take practise and sometimes you have to fight with the slightly-unresponsive virtual stick to get the laser to stay on target.. but you WILL do it in the end! =)

http://galaxyonfire.wikia.com/wiki/Asteroids

That should give a bit clearer indication.
Many thanks. I remember during the tutorial it mentioning that you don't have to fully mine asteroids that are B Class and below, but I didn't remember how to abort without failing the entire mining process. That should help. I won't worry about Class A asteroids 'til later.
Old 06-02-2012, 10:09 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Does anyone know if I already have the HD version on the iPad, can I buy the standard version for my iPhone, on sale at .99, and get Valkyrie for free in the HD version?
Old 06-02-2012, 10:12 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagerBombS View Post
Does anyone know if I already have the HD version on the iPad, can I buy the standard version for my iPhone, on sale at .99, and get Valkyrie for free in the HD version?
You'll get the HD version of Valkyrie for free if you have the SD version installed, have purchased the SD version of Valkyrie, and have the SD version installed on the same device as the HD version.
Old 06-02-2012, 10:17 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Thank you CzarCastic!