★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: SIMUTRANS is out! And it's FREE!

03-14-2009, 08:23 PM
SIMUTRANS is out! And it's FREE!

Simutrans, the one and only transport tycoon game right on your iPhone & iPod Touch!

Based on the hit PC version, you can now transport your goods, develop cities, and become the wealthiest tycoon out there.

Even build trains, tracks, trucks, and roads...there's so much to do in Simutrans!

If you love games like Transport Tycoon Deluxe or Sim City, then it's time bring out the hardcore tycoon gamer in you and play Simutrans!

It's absolutely FREE too! No ads, no nags!

Tips on playing:
- Simutrans is very deep and involved tycoon game. There's a Wiki based manual in several languages located at: http://wiki.simutrans.com/
- To scroll around the map view, swipe two fingers (multitouch).

Feedback is critical:
- Visit http://www.zodttd.com and be sure to leave feedback on Simutrans.
- As this is based on the PC version, there are user interface elements that are difficult to tap. This is a known issue and is being worked on.

More graphics:
- I will be adding more graphic sets to Simutrans in updates.
- Have a favorite graphics "pak" from Simutrans for the desktop? Let me know and I will consider it for an update!

Note: The right to bring this title to AppStore has been obtained by the original authors of Simutrans. Sourcecode available at: http://github.com/zodttd/simutrans/tree/master

Last edited by pante; 03-15-2009 at 07:08 AM.
03-14-2009, 08:24 PM
woa free?? thanks man..i like..Love free games

edit: ohh i missed this one on appstore cause of the icon! the icon does not look like its a game..

03-14-2009, 08:25 PM
Thanks for posting this. This looks good so will give it a try.
03-14-2009, 08:27 PM

zodttd says: March 14, 2009 at 8:30 pm

"When I started the port I didnít expect some of the user interface to be quite so small. But for the most part itís fully playable. The user interface is being worked on for updates, though I wanted more feedback on how people would like it handled."
03-14-2009, 08:37 PM
Stick to simcity... It's a lot better I found
03-14-2009, 08:38 PM
I will try it too, looks very interesting
03-14-2009, 08:38 PM
Excellent! Thanks! I did not realize this was coming out so soon. The dev made an announcement a week or two back.

Downloaded and started it up. Very nostalgic if you've played the old Transport Tycoon Deluxe! As the developer mentions in the AppStore, there are many small things to click on. There is a toolbar strip along the top which is rather small and is somewhat difficult for me to click on due to my protective case.
03-14-2009, 08:39 PM
03-14-2009, 08:40 PM
wow super hard to press. ill wait for the update.
03-14-2009, 08:41 PM
i love thats its free. but there are a few things that i dont like

i want the screen bigger
i want windows to go away when i open another one
and i want to be able to zoom in

it would be a sweet game (sweeter) if they made those changes!