★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: can't update game apps

03-14-2009, 10:55 PM
can't update game apps

I'm connected and logged in to Itunes and I obviosuyl am connected to the internet if I'm able to post this message yet for the past weekwhenever I click on "applications" and then on the update button on the bottom.... updates available...I get a message saying "could not complete the Itunes store request. The store may be busy. Check your internet connection or try again later" ok
does anyone have this same problem? What should I do? I can't update any of my games or apps that are larger then 10MB since I don't have wifi and my itunes on computer keeps giving me that message?
thanks in advance

Last edited by field5; 03-14-2009 at 11:48 PM.
03-14-2009, 11:09 PM
Do you have the latest version of iTunes (8.1)?

03-14-2009, 11:12 PM
Check your Internet connection. Sometimes the whole Internet will just crash on me. I have to unplug the modem and stuff. That might help.

Wait, if you were able to post this, you must have Internet, nevermind.

TA's resident ios rhythm game player
Former #1 Rhythm Control 2 Player (#2 now)
Unofficial #1 Gears Player (ignoring hackers)
Check out my Rhythm Game thread
03-14-2009, 11:14 PM
something similar has happened to me quite a few times, how many applications need to be upadted?

very many? if so you need to email itunes and tell them you need your pending downloads cleared. this will fix your problems. they will need your id for itunes and they will clear it out for you. very easy process usually is done within 5 hours or so.
03-14-2009, 11:45 PM
try updating it on your ipod/iphone!!!
03-14-2009, 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
Do you have the latest version of iTunes (8.1)?
I thought for sure I have itunes 8.1 but when I checked it said version 8! So I'm updating now and I hope that'll solve it! Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchampl View Post
something similar has happened to me quite a few times, how many applications need to be upadted?

very many? if so you need to email itunes and tell them you need your pending downloads cleared. this will fix your problems. they will need your id for itunes and they will clear it out for you. very easy process usually is done within 5 hours or so.
I have 96 that says it needs updating...I guess I'll try to delete the apps that I don't use first and if that doesn't work even after updating to itunes 8.1 then I'll email them like you said...Thanks!!
03-15-2009, 12:39 AM
well I updated to itunes 8.1 and deleted most of my game apps that need updating (I don't use those anyways) so I'm down to 46 apps that need updating and yet I still get that same message so I guess I'll go ahead and email apple like you suggested. I hope that works
03-15-2009, 02:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by field5 View Post
well I updated to itunes 8.1 and deleted most of my game apps that need updating (I don't use those anyways) so I'm down to 46 apps that need updating and yet I still get that same message so I guess I'll go ahead and email apple like you suggested. I hope that works
Did the email work for you? If yes, I may have to email them too. Im having similar problems :-(
03-15-2009, 02:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prab View Post
Did the email work for you? If yes, I may have to email them too. Im having similar problems :-(
I emailed them but have'nt received a response yet...I'll post here if it worked
03-15-2009, 03:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by field5 View Post
I emailed them but have'nt received a response yet...I'll post here if it worked
Thanks!