• Publisher: SEGA
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 31.3 MB
  • Version: 1.1.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Guide the ChuChus to their rocket ship in the much loved puzzle game from SEGA!

Whats a ChuChu? Its a cute little mouse! Theyre lost and need to get back to their rocket ship, but beware; there are hungry cats on the prowl and bottomless pits to dodge.

Packed with over 500 unique puzzles, ChuChu Rocket will provide hours of fun! How good is your escape plan?

WILD PUZZLES
Help the ChuChus escape the evil KapuKapus in 145 puzzles spread between Normal, Hard, Special, and Mania difficulty levels

1 TO 4 PLAYER MULTIPLAYER BATTLES
Play free-for-all or in team battle as frantic action ensues across 25 intense multiplayer levels as up to 4 players battle it out via bluetooth or wi-fi

TONS OF GAME MODES
Beginner and expert ChuChus alike can enjoy cheese-erific game modes including Puzzle, Challenge, and Multiplayer Battle

EXCLUSIVE IPAD FEATURE
If you thought ChuChu multiplayer was insane before, wait until you try it on the iPad featuring 4 player on a single iPad. Push, shove, and flick your way to victory!

PRAISE FROM THE PRESS
ChuChu Rocket! was a total blast when I had a chance to play it today, and it makes me sad that I never tried out this title almost a decade ago. It seems like a perfect fit for the iPhone, with all of the original levels reworked to be touch screen friendly touchArcade.com

Gathering up four friends for a manic game of Chu Chu Rocket is a cherished gaming memory. The version of Chu Chu Rocket I was able to play today at SEGA's offices pretty much matched up with those memories IGN.com

Chu Chu Rocket will command attention by virtue of being different from the steady string match-three puzzlers and its multiplayer push. Even though it can't claim innovation as a port of an older title, there's still a sense of freshness and certainly an appeal about this game of cat and mouse. PocketGamer.com

CHECK OUT other SEGA games:
- Sonic the Hedgehog 2
- Sonic the Hedgehog 1
- Phantasy Star II
- Shining Force
- Space Harrier II
- Ecco the Dolphin
- Football Manager Handheld 2010
- Super Monkey Ball 2
- Super Monkey Ball 2: Sakura Edition (iPad)
- Super Monkey Ball
- Streets of Rage
- Golden Axe
- Columns Deluxe

FOLLOW US at
twitter.com/sega
facebook.com/sega

GIFT THIS APP: Click the Buy App arrow on the iTunes® App

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

10-27-2010, 02:10 PM
Four player battles on one iPad, very cool. Loved this on the Dreamcast, buying tonight.

10-27-2010, 09:31 PM
Strange that there is no buzz for this game, from those across the pond, because it seems like a perfect fit for the platform and was well-liked in its original form.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
10-27-2010, 10:55 PM
out in U.S.

downloading now

Flangle Flangle Flangle Play No More!
10-28-2010, 03:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djflippy View Post
Strange that there is no buzz for this game, from those across the pond, because it seems like a perfect fit for the platform and was well-liked in its original form.
That's a superficial reaction but the snapshots show for me a so awful mix of colors that I think my eyes will drop if I try play it.
10-28-2010, 09:03 AM
Classic game, but the lack of online multiplayer is a deal breaker for me. Kind of pathetic since I used to play online over dial-up back when this game was released for Dreamcast. It would work very well over 3G since all you're doing is laying down arrows.

Too bad. I'll buy it if they update with a multiplayer mode.
10-28-2010, 11:42 AM
It's pretty crashy on my iPad. Keeps randomly crashing while loading levels.

Other details:
-Load times are pretty bad
-Sound effects from the dreamcast version are definitely missing in some spots
10-28-2010, 02:20 PM
These impressions are making me want the game less and less. All the characters are 2-D sprites, missing sound effects, and lag in local multiplayer? Ef that. This is a relatively basic game and none of these problems should be present. And there absolutely should be online multiplayer. What a joke Sega. These seems like a port of the GBA version, not the Dreamcast.

This almost feels personal since I loved the original so much.
10-28-2010, 02:22 PM
I am enjoying this game, especially the four player mode. I did have one crash when I quit but since rebooting, no issues.
10-28-2010, 02:23 PM
Gosh I want this but no online multiplayer? I'll wait for a price drop.

Twitter: @bgribin