★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Stæm Punk – fast, innovative action platformer [from Runt, Inc.] NEW CONCEPT ART!

10-27-2010, 05:04 PM
Stæm Punk – fast, innovative action platformer [Runt, Inc.] IGN INDIE OPEN HOUSE!

Introducing Stæm Punk – the fast and fresh action platformer within a fully realized steampunk world!

Stæm Punk is based on the fluid motion of parkour freestyle running and places you in the role of Citizen – an independent, free-thinking rapscallion whose natural curiosity sparks an inner rebellion against an oppressive government. Using elegant parkour techniques and quick-thinking strategy, Citizen must find ways to escape his surroundings … all while giving the government a piece of his mind!

Features:

-Three play modes: Exploration, Time Attack and Challenge!

-Escape the strong gravitational influence of corrupted magnet stones working to halt Citizen in his tracks!

-Beautiful steampunk visuals!

-Seamless gameplay: Run, Jump, Vault, Wall Jump and Wall Run from start to finish without a single loading screen!

-OpenFeint and Game Center integration: Leaderboards, collectibles, achievements and unlockable content!

-Fast, addictive game mechanics!

-Ever-expanding episodic content!

The first episode of Stæm Punk is slated for an iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch release first quarter of 2011. Stay tuned for weekly concept art, gameplay trailers, and other assorted teasers!

UPDATE! 10.28.2010 - Citizen Concept Art!
UPDATE! 10.29.2010 - Outskirts Concept Art!
UPDATE 11.1.2010 - Developer Update!
UPDATE 12.13.2010 - Update Teaser!
UPDATE 12.14.2010 - Town Hall/Æther Extension Concept Art!
UPDATE 1.12.2010 - Runt Accepted into IGN Indie Open House!

Thanks for your time,

Scribble

Think BIGGER.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter @runtworkshop!
www.runtworkshop.com

Last edited by Scribble; 01-12-2011 at 04:52 PM.
10-27-2010, 08:57 PM
Gator416,

Great question! Thanks for asking:

Exploration Mode
You'll leave no stone unturned as you traverse the beautiful game world searching for unique collectibles, all without a single loading screen to interrupt your search. Who knows what these collectibles may offer you...

Time Attack Mode
Before you're able to explore levels in Exploration Mode, you'll need to beat them in Time Attack Mode. You'll run, jump, vault, wall run and wall jump your way through beautiful steampunk environments filled with corrupted magnet stones swelling with gravitational power, hoping to halt Citizen in his tracks. Try for the best time on OpenFeint/Game Center leaderboards!

Challenge Mode
Simple, but addictive mini-games provide unique challenges on-the-go. Try to grab the highest score on OpenFeint/Game Center leaderbaords!

I hope these explanations helped you understand Stæm Punk's play modes a little better.

Think BIGGER.
www.runtworkshop.com

Last edited by Scribble; 10-27-2010 at 09:01 PM.

10-27-2010, 09:14 PM
Please don't make alternate accounts and post from the same IP Address

It demeans us all

The parkour and steam punk elements sound great and I can't wait to see some art/trailers
10-27-2010, 09:16 PM
Cool!

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero
10-27-2010, 10:57 PM
Thanks doodlejumper! Stay tuned tomorrow for some concept art.

Think BIGGER.
www.runtworkshop.com
10-27-2010, 11:01 PM
Logo looks like it says Staem Junk. Just my thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimo View Post
This is not Windows, this is Apple, dude
10-28-2010, 06:14 AM
I love Steam Punk. Looking forward to seeing some stuff.

Invaders Must Die.
10-28-2010, 07:59 AM
Concept Art: Citizen

Citizen is the protagonist in Stæm Punk, and he's quite the polarizing fellow. Outfitted with glowing goggles and metalworker attire, Citizen blends well with the humble surroundings of his blue-collar hometown.

You'll be sure to see more of him as gameplay trailers are released. Enjoy!

Think BIGGER.
www.runtworkshop.com

Last edited by Scribble; 11-01-2010 at 03:12 PM.
10-28-2010, 08:15 AM
Can't wait to see some more of this. I love Steam Punk and your art style looks really cool so that's two ticks from me!
10-28-2010, 08:15 AM
Love the art, I swear my hair used to be like that when I was in school. Looking good!

Invaders Must Die.