★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: MAJOR UPDATE! NOW WITH MULTIPLAYER DEATHMATCH!!!

Dont be a T.O.O.L Enlist with the GUN BROS today!

The Freakishly Rugged Advanced Genetics Galactic Enforcement Division (AKA F.R.A.G.G.E.D) specializes in the development and deployment of superhuman special agents. Headed since its formation by the brilliant soldier-turned-scientist Mother Gun, its current roster consists of only two active field operatives, code-named Percy and Francis Gun. Their lifelong mission: to protect the cosmos from the Tyrannical Oppressors of Life known as T.O.O.L.

Like a super-powered fungus gone haywire, the evil T.O.O.L organization has grown from the dankest levels of the criminal underworld to spread its own brand of malevolent funk to every corner of the galaxy. Most recently, theyve set their sights on harvesting the rare element Xplodium in an effort to create even more powerful weapons to enslave the universe But not if the GUN BROS have anything to do about it!

REAL-TIME MULTIPLAYER OVER 3G or WiFi!!
Play with your Game Center friends, against your friends via deathmatch or with random people with voice chat to take your Gun Bros experience to a whole new level!

GAME CENTER & FACEBOOK ENABLED!
Form your own Brotherhood: Add your Game Center and Facebook friends to form your brotherhood- your brothers will help protect you and destroy the T.O.OL enemies. Every time a friend uses your Brother, you gain valuable experience to help your progress, even if youre not currently in the game!

THE BROS LIKE BIG GUNS
Tons of insanely powerful Guns, Armor and other explosive power-ups to get your hands on in the F.R.A.G.G.E.D Armory.

WEAPON MASTERY
Get ready to become a true master of your awesome weapons. Earn up to a gold ranking for every weapon and get bonus XP each time you increase your weapons mastery rank

Multiplayer requirements
* Gun Bros Multiplayer requires OS 4.2+ and Game Center
* Gun Bros Multiplayer is not supported over the edge network. (Only 3G and WiFi are supported)
* Gun Bros Voice Chat is only supported over WiFi

For troubleshooting tips, visit the forum at facebook.com/gunbros
The Glu Brotherhood are always working to give you bigger, better FREE game updates so make sure you download the latest update to check out the awesome new features.

Gun Bros is free to play, but you can choose to pay real money for some extra items, which will charge your iTunes account. You can disable in-app purchasing by adjusting your device settings.

Boardumb's comments:

TA Preview
10-28-2010, 01:58 AM
Yay! Been waiting for this..

Ipad 2 64gb, Ipod Touch 4 32gb. Avid gamer.
Too many favorites to list!
Agon/Open Feint/Gameloft/Plus+/Crystal/Game Center/XboxLive: "Zallman"

10-28-2010, 02:00 AM
Game Impressions

My experience so far:

The menu's are overly animated and take time to load.
The gameplay is pretty decent, and what you would expect from a twin-stick shooter.
Being able to enlist a "Bro" from GameCenter is agreat idea, even if it's not live multiplayer. However, your "Bro" AI is as dumb as bricks, and will usually die right at the beginning.

There is a nice selection of weapons and equipment, unfortunately most of it is locked behind ridiculous amounts of In App Purchases. IAP everywhere you look. Expensive too: around $10.00 for a set of high level equipment.

Glitchy. Just while writing this, my iPod fell asleep. On resume, it completely forgot all of my actions performed (equipping, weapons purchase) since my last battle. It even reset the tutorial popups. The game crashed twice while I was playing. And there's a short lag whenever you get hit by a badguy.

Wow, am I ever disappointed with this title.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, FF Record Keeper, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind

Last edited by strivemind; 10-28-2010 at 10:17 AM. Reason: spelling, oops.
10-28-2010, 02:11 AM
:(

Thanks strivemind for the impressions

Why does Glu do this ? I mean take for example Toyshop adventures, they create these amazing games, that are really impressive but require you to fork out so much money to be able to enjoy them. I do not mind paying for an app, (i know this one is free, but hopefully you will understand what I mean ) , but then let me be able to do everything, unlock all achievements etc.

This game has potential but the ridiculous IAP price is depressing, I mean why not a 1.99 game or something reasonable. I'm disappointed with Glu lately, because they create these fantastic games, and then it seems some marketing person gets hold of the app and ruins it.

PS : The glitches exist with my install to (iPhone 3GS), all in all quite disappointing
10-28-2010, 02:15 AM
I trust Strivemind.

Pass.
10-28-2010, 02:27 AM
Aside from the long load times and stutters i'm liking it. If someone adds me my "bro" is almost lvl6
10-28-2010, 03:17 AM
You don't have to purchase anything!
You can earn your money in-game while playing.
This game is pretty fun. Cool level/enemy designs.
Already one of the better dual stick shooters on this platform.

And it's free, why should anyone pass?! Test it for yourself.

{ Permanently addicted to: 868-HACK }
I perform. Therefore I am. You should book me.
..::: METROCCOLIS :::..
10-28-2010, 03:33 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to dyscode
I am fine with IAP as long as its optional.

But somehow I doubt Glu will follow that path.
I d/led it. Impressions later.

- GameCenter: dyscoder
- the (nearly) ultimate intel HD Graphics 3000 game performance sheet - Contributers welcome

Last edited by dyscode; 10-28-2010 at 06:18 AM.
10-28-2010, 03:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyscode View Post
I am fine with IAP as lon as its optional.

But somehow I doubt Glu will follow that path.
I d/led it. Impressions later.
It doesn't seem optional. Most of the good weapons require war bucks and the only way i found to get them is through IAP

You can convert War Bucks to coins but you can't convert coins into war bucks
10-28-2010, 03:40 AM
Was really looking forward to this! But, the stupidest little thing is keeping me from playing. The game won't flip screen! Not comfortable with the case I use. Waiting for update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimo View Post
This is not Windows, this is Apple, dude