★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: William Ford
  • Genre: Sports
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 9.4 MB
  • Version: 1.2.2
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: ----------------------------------------------

GET THE MOST REALISTIC SIDE SCROLLING MOTOCROSS GAME!!!

THANK YOU TO ALL OF THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE BOUGHT PURE MOTOCROSS AND THANK YOU FOR ALL OF THE GREAT REVIEWS!!! IT IS TRUELY APPRECIATED!!!

Pure Motocross has been completely revamped. The slowness experienced on older devices has now been fixed. This version is basically a brand new game.

The paid version of Pure Motocross now features

-New Bikes
-Track Editor
-New Tracks
-Updated Physics
-New Sounds
-New Graphics
-Many other improvements

PureMX's comments:
Hi all, just thought I'd let you know about my new iPhone game PureMX.

-------------------------------
Features
-------------------------------
-Realistic Physics
-Great Graphics
-25 Realistic Motocross Tracks
-Local High Scores
-Fun Addictive Gameplay
-Realistic Bike Sounds
-Ragdoll Physics

Youtube link | Pop Up

itms://itunes.apple.com/us/app/puremx/id392550637?mt=8

Here's a few promo codes:
33FEHAPAF9MX
9YEWFRNH4REK
FRHN4XKN6YJK
KNLE7XKW4X9J
4JM44E7KKJ4N

Hope you enjoy the game, you can email me @ williamford at puremxgame.com to leave feedback.
09-23-2010, 07:23 AM
used code 4jm44e7kkj4n..am downloading now..will post my thoughts as soon as i can play it. Thanks!

09-23-2010, 07:43 AM
Grab it:FRHN4XKN6YJK.Thanks

Editor at TouchArchive - Follow us:Twitter Facebook
Games List Tested Join our staff just PM me.
If you want to see your game on our blog,just send us a request.
09-23-2010, 11:40 AM
Game Impressions

Bought, played, initial thoughts...

This needs an update!

The ugly white boxes (that show you where to touch the screen) are awful. Ok, they serve a kind of purpose on the first track as a tutorial but they are not needed after that. PLEASE ADD AN OPTION TO DISABLE THEM.

The bike is WAY TOO SLOW. Way too slow. Seriously.

The accelerate button/touch area doesn't respond at the start of a race unless you let go of it and touch it again when the 30 second board disappears.

The engine sound is dismal. It sounds like an electric moped. It doesn't respond to the accelerate button but rises and falls depending on where the bike is (on the track or in the air). This is just irritating. The engine sound should at least give you some feedback about whether you are actually accelerating or not. Relying on touching the button ... isn't reliable.

The physics seem a bit random. I did more than half a track on the back wheel with my head touching the track behind me, kind of stuck in that position until I went over a jump and was able to adjust the bike angle in the air.

The bike is WAY TOO SLOW! Did I already mention that?

You only get a 'best time' for each track. No 5-star type rating, no achievements, no points for doing loops or air-time, etc. etc.

This could be a fun game, almost justifying the price, but it needs continual support and fixes for these initial problems.

Last edited by Planetshooter; 09-23-2010 at 03:33 PM.
09-23-2010, 12:28 PM
Game Impressions

I'm back ... and it's not good news.

I completed all 25 tracks, most on my first attempt, all in well under 30 seconds each. This took about 20 minutes, including having a bath in the middle of it.

There is no challenge.

The later courses get slower and more annoying due to jump and bump overload, but they don't get any harder.

The constant rough grey mountain backdrop is just plain ugly.

What this game needs, in addition to the fixes previously mentioned, are:

- Challenges. Whether that is a star rating or par time, whatever, it needs something to make it challenging.

- Maybe an endless mode with checkpoint countdowns

- A ghost rider (of your previous best time) so you have someone to race against.

- A score for getting a certain amount of air time on each track, optionally within a time limit.

- Unlockable bike and rider colours - just to add incentive for achieving certain goals in the game.

See, it's not all negative. I want to play this game and enjoy playing it. An early update with some fixes and added CHALLENGE would be great!

Last edited by Planetshooter; 09-23-2010 at 03:35 PM.
09-23-2010, 12:56 PM
The overuse of the word 'realistic' while looking at the screenshots makes me smile.

All ID's (GC, OF, Plus+): HyphyCus
09-23-2010, 02:02 PM
Have to agree with Planetshooter. This game is slow as heck and way to simple, even with the non-responsive controls. You could play this thing and complete each track with your eyes closed. Hopefully it gets updated soon as it does have some potential...

Game Center ID: Snooptalian
09-24-2010, 07:21 AM
WL3AAPHETJJF
6K4Y6MXN4T9E
9PTRLA4JR69R

Few more codes for those that want them.

Thanks for the comments and the suggestions. I'm already working on a LITE version and an updated version which should be out soon (although it did take 10 days to get approval for this app).

Things that are being worked on:

-ghost rider
-leaderboards (online)
-tweaked physics
-the rider will fall on a harsh landing
-switch to turn off control guides
-some extra sound effects

This game is meant to be more of a motocross game than a "riding over some hills" game. As I'm ride in real life I wanted to try and make a proper 2d side scrolling motocross game as I don't believe there has been a good one yet (although that may be for good reason).

Thanks, Bill.
10-04-2010, 02:46 PM
Update?

Any news on the update?

Also, has anyone else bought/played this? I'd be interested to hear other people's opinions...
10-28-2010, 07:39 AM
Pure Motocross 1.1 & Pure Motocross LITE Out now and on sale!!!

Hi, just to let you know that Pure Motocross 1.1 is out and on sale!

Pure Motocross LITE is also out now.