★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

tired of seeing across age topics

10-28-2010, 12:47 PM
tired of seeing across age topics

man, is this game so hard that so many "newcomers" with no more than 10 posts keeping pushing up the topic and opening new treads asking about questions?
plus those new comers don't even talk after they asked that question, what's going on?

if so many people got stuck in the game that means it is not a good game at all.

i am tired for always seeing across age topics around. i started to hate this game and all the games by that publisher.
10-28-2010, 12:55 PM
Wait, so because they made a game that's actually good enough and deep enough for people to come discuss it on a forum you hate all FDG games? What?

10-28-2010, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post
Wait, so because they made a game that's actually good enough and deep enough for people to come discuss it on a forum you hate all FDG games? What?
go in the across age topic, check the last few pages, i don't really consider that is discuss. so many "newcomers" and they are only playing across age? u gonna be joking.

IMO, a good rpg game sould lead the player clearly what to do next. According to that topic, it doesn't seems the game itself explaining well to let people know what to do next.
10-28-2010, 01:16 PM
When you search for "Across Age Help" on Google, 8 of the results on the first page are for the TouchArcade forum. It does tell you where to go next, but it doesn't hold your hand. Across Age is easily one of the best action RPG's on the App Store.
10-28-2010, 01:31 PM
Quote:
When you search for "Across Age Help" on Google, 8 of the results on the first page are for the TouchArcade forum. It does tell you where to go next, but it doesn't hold your hand. Across Age is easily one of the best action RPG's on the App Store.
what i mean is for a good game u don't need to look up walk through on the internet or some where else. they should guide the player in the game.
10-28-2010, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmiracle View Post
what i mean is for a good game u don't need to look up walk through on the internet or some where else. they should guide the player in the game.
Then it's too easy. A good game, in my opinion, should be challenging. It should make the player think of what to do next. The game shouldn't have to hold onto the player's hand to tell them to do this, to do that, to go here, to go there.
10-28-2010, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
Then it's too easy. A good game, in my opinion, should be challenging. It should make the player think of what to do next. The game shouldn't have to hold onto the player's hand to tell them to do this, to do that, to go here, to go there.
Agreed. I hate having a game hold my hand through the entire game. It should give you a good idea of what you need to do, but let you accomplish that yourself.

And this thread is pretty contradictory... You made a thread to complain about the threads about Across Age, which in effect turns into a thread about Across Age.
10-28-2010, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmiracle View Post
How old are you that you think this? Some of the best video games of all time were brutally difficult RPG's that didn't hold your hand through the entire game, and actually figuring out where to go, or looking up what to do next was half the fun. Games like the classic Final Fantasies, Zeldas, and others were so much better than games now which often quite literally have an arrow at the top of the screen showing you which direction to go next.

I can only applaud FDG for attempting to bring these kind of games back.
10-28-2010, 01:54 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to Lazuli
Quote:
How old are you that you think this? Some of the best video games of all time were brutally difficult RPG's that didn't hold your hand through the entire game, and actually figuring out where to go, or looking up what to do next was half the fun. Games like the classic Final Fantasies, Zeldas, and others were so much better than games now which often quite literally have an arrow at the top of the screen showing you which direction to go next.

I can only applaud FDG for attempting to bring these kind of games back.
Whilst I disagree entirely with the OP in this topic, i take fault with this statement. It's entirely subjective whether those games were 'better', they're just different. As an example; I enjoy an RPG like Zelda which leaves me scratching my head as much as the next chap, but I also thoroughly enjoy Fable which does indeed take you by the hand through it. Very different experiences, but in my eyes, both good games.

GC:oPalermo
10-28-2010, 01:56 PM
Send a message via AIM to RttaM Send a message via Yahoo to RttaM
All of this talk about how good/bad this game is makes me wanna check it out.