★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: *** DON'T MISS! THE CLASSIC LOGIC PUZZLE GAME EXCLUSIVELY MADE FOR IPAD WITH THE INNOVATIVE MULTIPLAYER MODE, RICH PUZZLE LIBRARIES, UNIQUE PIXEL ART STYLE AND FINELY CRAFTED TOUCH CONTROL! ***

========================

WHAT PLAYERS SAY:

Best picross game on iPad - Tried out the rest, this one was the best - even rivals picross on Nintendo DS, works really well with the larger ipad screen. Has lots of high quality puzzles and rewards you with a pretty colour pic when you solve the puzzle - something missing from all the other ipad picross games I've played. The blocky art style of the menus looks great, and I love the music. Great game overall - hopefully the devs keep making more levels! -- Cowmonger42

- --

The best picross app ever - Nice UI, beautiful music, plenty of puzzles, and unique 2 player mode. Tried and bought other picross apps in the store, but this one is the best. I only wish more levels are added and there is a random play mode (i.e. Choose size and start a game then iPacross chooses an arbitrary puzzle for me.) -- Trustin Lee

========================

iPACROSS is a puzzle game known by many other names, including Paint by Numbers, Logic Puzzle, Griddlers, Nonogrames or Picross. The game exploits concepts similar to Sudoku, but rather than focusing solely on numbers, iPACROSS requires you to use logic and numeric hints to deduce the pixel art hidden in the game board. This simple yet highly addictive game will certainly become your next brain-teasing habit.

In addition to a ton of puzzles to play alone in single-player mode (400 puzzles with the latest update), iPACROSS also features an original 2 player game mode. In this fast-paced mode, you can use the puzzle resolving skills learned from single-player mode to compete with a friend. You and your friend will take the control of the game in turn. The player who reveals the most hidden pixels in the art wins. This innovative game mode takes what can be a very relaxing puzzle experience and make it totally manic! iPACROSS also has an exclusive puzzle library which is completely independent of the single-player library and contains more than 1000 puzzles! We invite you to try it for yourself, it's a great fun!

In addition, iPACROSS offers fine-tuned touch control and completely redesigned user interface that fully takes advantage of iPad's large screen. Our target is to deliver the best puzzle-resolving experience on the iPad. For those challenge-seeking puzzle veterans, iPACROSS offers extra-large 25X25 puzzles that will certainly satisfy your appetite. Did we mention that iPACROSS also has an unique feature that lets you post and share the pixel art you just resolved, with your score on Facebook and Twitter through OpenFeint integration?

We are constantly improving our game and we're dedicated to making it the best logic puzzle game on iPad. Your support and feedback are always important to us. Your favourable review would also help to speed up the FREE UPDATEs!

iPACROSS features:
* 25 themes, 400 puzzles in total for single-player mode. That's 100+ hours of fun.
* 5 difficulty levels for single-player mode, from the relaxing 5x5 to the highly challenging 25x25.
* Innovative 2 player mode with 3 different board sizes (10x10, 15x15 and 20x20).
* Exclusive multiplayer puzzle library with 1000+ uniquely designed puzzles.
* Step-by-step tutorial for beginner.
* Support both Game Center and OpenFeint. 9 achievements to unlock.
* Compete with your friends and other iPACROSS fans for higher world ranking.

For more information about Brain Tree Studio, please visit www.braintreestudio.com. For additional support, please contact support@braintreestudio.com.
10-28-2010, 08:17 PM

10-28-2010, 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goiMot View Post
YouTube: video
LOL, I was just about to do that....

FreeAppTracker.com free daily apps, rankings, & contests!
10-28-2010, 08:30 PM
Aaaaaand...bought.

Be back with impressions.
10-28-2010, 08:33 PM
Bummer...I know in an earlier thread they said they'd consider a reduced launch price. Guess I'll be waiting.

XBox Gamertag, GC, OpenFeint, Plus+: tecwrtr
Senior Technical Writer - always happy to write reviews!
10-28-2010, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmster View Post
Aaaaaand...bought.

Be back with impressions.
Thank you!

FreeAppTracker.com free daily apps, rankings, & contests!
10-28-2010, 08:46 PM
Will also post some impressions very shortly.
10-28-2010, 09:09 PM
OK so this is actually a pretty good Picross game, but it has a pretty stupid flaw very early on in the game.

Easy level 1-3 is completely broken!

Here's the puzzle. As far as I can figure out, image 1 is as far as you can get with LOGIC, and the rest is guesswork. Makes me doubt the rest of the game... so I quit!

Unless I'm missing something? And yes, I really did stare at it for 7 minutes and 30 seconds before I said screw it!

10-28-2010, 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamG View Post
OK so this is actually a pretty good Picross game, but it has a pretty stupid flaw very early on in the game.

Easy level 1-3 is completely broken!

Here's the puzzle. As far as I can figure out, image 1 is as far as you can get with LOGIC, and the rest is guesswork. Makes me doubt the rest of the game... so I quit!

Unless I'm missing something? And yes, I really did stare at it for 7 minutes and 30 seconds before I said screw it!
Hmm, you're right. There are two possible solutions. That's not good.

As you say, though, it is a good picross game. There are a few (very tiny) interface improvements I'd like to see (it could be more obvious which 'tool' is highlighted in the bottom left, and the 'drawing' seems to lag ever so slightly behind my finger during a drag), but there are also some niceties (the little count of how long our current drag is, seeing level progress by holding).

In-progress puzzles do resume on a home-button-and-reload, but if you leave the puzzle in-game, you lose progress. I'm not sure that's a problem, though. I'm still not totally sold on being corrected when you fill in a square incorrectly, I like being penalized by finding my own mistakes.

When I pick Expert level 1, puzzle 14, the game crashes.

25x25 puzzles are handled really well, I think.

The pixel art theme fits picross to a T.

So, some issues, but I can see myself spending a lot of time with this app. Especially with future feature and level support.
10-28-2010, 09:44 PM
I agree with everything above. You should only lose the seconds at the end when you "submit" the puzzle, and I do truly believe there should be a "submit" button.

And yes, it's weird there's no Resume button if you quit during a puzzle. Very odd. But when you hit the Home button during a game and then load it back up, it does resume the puzzle.

Also, the Cross/Selection buttons aren't very contrasty, so they could use some adjustment to make it more obvious which mode you've picked.

And I did also have the game crash on me once.

With a few tweaks, this could be a great game. As it is now, it's merely good, and having the THIRD puzzle in the game be broken really limits your confidence in the rest of the puzzles not being broken...