★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: ** Warning, the experience the most out of the game you need a device with compass, iphone 3GS and iPhone 4. Ipad version in the works.... Also, first iphone , iphone 3g, ipod touch, and ipod touch 2g are not supported.

Virtual reality horror on your iPhone !
3d Nightmare, which probably is the first "First Person Axer" around, uses the iphones compass and accelerometer to turn your device into a window on a scary world ! Use anaglyph (red / blue) glasses to get the most out of the experience, but always remember to watch your back for killer creatures...
If using compass (default) simply point your device in the direction where you want to look / walk, on screen joystick will handle forward/backwards movement and lateral strafing.

- VERY SCARY EXPERIENCE
- Virtual reality like simulation
- Explore a vast and creepy game world
- 3d sound effects
- 3d anaglyph off/on option
- all game playable in anaglyph mode or regular
- innovative way of using iPhone sensors

** NOTE : when coming back to the game from another application (using multitasking) compass will stop working, exit the app and re-launch to fix while we are working on an update.

ImNoSuperMan's comments:
Retina ScreenShots
(click to enlarge)

Quote:
** Warning, the experience the most out of the game you need a device with compass, iphone 3GS and iPhone 4. Ipad version in the works.... Also, first iphone , iphone 3g, ipod touch, and ipod touch 2g are not supported. Virtual reality horror on your iPhone ! 3d Nightmare, which probably is the first "First Person Axer" around, uses the iphones compass and accelerometer to turn your device into a window on a scary world ! Use anaglyph (red / blue) glasses to get the most out of the experience, but always remember to watch your back for killer creatures... - Explore a vast and creepy game world - 3d sound effects - all game playable in anaglyph mode - innovative way of using iPhone sensors ** NOTE : when coming back to the game from another application (using multitasking) compass will stop working, exit the app and re-launch to fix while we are working on an update.
10-28-2010, 11:01 PM
Looks promising. I'm on a prepaid Internet USB modem so will wait on impressions since the file size is fairly big. Waiting to get paid so I can't buy replacement Net credit until tomorrow.

10-29-2010, 09:50 AM
I'd love to see a good 3d game, but I can't be bothered with the glasses.

Invaders Must Die.
10-29-2010, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
I'd love to see a good 3d game, but I can't be bothered with the glasses.
Looks like you can turn the 3D on/off. (From the screenshots.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
10-29-2010, 11:39 AM
This game would be better if it had a story, more weapons, and more enemies. It could be the Silent Hill clone people want.
10-29-2010, 12:26 PM
Wow, was going to post something here about the game, but super fast and powerful touchArcade community beat me to it....

First thing about the game is that it was meant more as a scary "experience" than a full game, (0.99 $), using the compass, accelerometer and for who wants the 3d glasses to, 3d nightmare becomes sort of a window on a creepy and scary world, 3d sounds and the fact that you are limited to an Axe (making combat very personal) should increase the "emotions" felt while playing.

Anaglyph 3d (red / blue glasses) can be turned off by the user, as well as the compass input method. From the game options, if you uncheck "use compass", the left joystick will serve to move forward backwards and turn left / right, while tilting left or right the device will make the character strafe.

More enemies and probably at least 1 fire arm (SHOTGUN) will come in a later update as well as iPad support.
10-29-2010, 12:32 PM
stupid game,why not work on iphone 3G?
10-29-2010, 04:23 PM
Quote:
stupid game,why not work on iphone 3G?
We had very short development time so we didn't managed to prepare a less demanding version for older devices in time for first release. We are working on adding support for more devices, but while we are at a good point with the iPad version (3d effect is great on the bigger screen) we cant be yet sure we will manage to make a version compatible with the iphone 3g. More info as soon we will have them. Also, the best experience from the game is perceived if using the hardware compass which the iphone 3g lacks.....

Also, will post some promo codes soon so stay tuned.....
10-29-2010, 04:25 PM
Whoa this looks pretty creepy. Pretty cool.

Currently Enjoying: BUG HEROES 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Ninny speaks the truth.
10-29-2010, 05:03 PM
Scary stuff

Looks really cool! Might need to get this iPhone game as well

Goo Hoo - The game! Coming soon.