★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Enchanted Cave

Explore 100 levels of critter packed adventure, as you play the hero in a quest to reach a horde of treasure and a princess in distress.

Enchanted Cave is a classic adventure game with a casual play style. Equip your character with the best equipment and try and explore as deep into the cave as you can. If you run low on health, you can warp back to the beginning of the cave - but be warned, you will only get to keep the rarest of artifacts that you find.

Helpful Tips:
* Don't try and defeat every monster in the dungeon - you will quickly run out of health!
* Only artifacts (items obtained from golden chests) will be kept when you use magical wings.
* There is a chance to obtain spells after level 10 - these will also be kept if you use your wings to escape the dungeon.
* Some gems are hidden - keep an eye out for monsters guarding what may seem like empty corners.
* The proprietor of the cave will follow you on your journey - if you make it far enough he will give you another chance to buy new equipment.
* Your game will be saved automatically - take a break whenever you'd like, and come back to play at any time!

[Enchanted Cave is OpenFeint enabled.]
10-29-2010, 01:34 AM
hmm, seems not bad, especially for those who like play the hero in a quest and explore deep for treasure, and enjoy the delight. Yet 2.99, not expensive

10-29-2010, 02:40 AM
Would be cool if someone check it and report the contents, like if there's story, puzzles, interesting secrets with good hints, good fight system with depth, and more. I'm tedious do it first because it seems trying something different more casual but RPG are a difficult challenge and basic heavy hack and slash will bore me and I suspect it to be like that.
10-29-2010, 04:51 AM
Looks very intriguing, like a diablo mixed with rouge like. Kind of like badman from psp. I also appreciate that its ipad exclusive, the ipad needs some to make it stand out.
10-29-2010, 04:54 AM
Is this the same game?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdcAAvqv-jU

it appears there is either a windows or flash version already?
10-29-2010, 09:17 AM
Impressions?

Is that little square of screen board all you get to work with? Just wondering if anyone has bought it yet....

Thanks!

XBox Gamertag, GC, OpenFeint, Plus+: tecwrtr
Senior Technical Writer - always happy to write reviews!
10-29-2010, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tecwrtr View Post
Impressions?

Is that little square of screen board all you get to work with? Just wondering if anyone has bought it yet....

Thanks!

Was wondering the same thing. Looks interesting, but working with a tiny board.... no thank you.
10-29-2010, 11:23 AM
this looks fun, i wish they were giving out a promo code or two so that we could try it out and report out
10-29-2010, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kainen View Post
this looks fun, i wish they were giving out a promo code or two so that we could try it out and report out
You can try it out at http://armorgames.com/play/5992/the-enchanted-cave

It's actually kinda fun from playing with the flash version.
10-29-2010, 04:23 PM
While I haven't actually bought it yet, it looks like the playing field is actually that IS that square spot in the middle. They just used the same size as the small screen in the flash version. Then changed the menu and UI to fill in the remaining space on the ipad.

Some impressions from playing the flash version:

You don't really control any of the fights. You walk your character into monsters and they fight automatically until one of you dies. There is only 100 levels, so it's not endless. When you start you have access to the shop, and as you get farther into the dungeon you will occasionally return to the shop again. Upon death you keep all the gold and any artifacts you've found - which you will have access to once you start a new game again.

Currently playing:Chaos Rings, Final Fantasy 1, Undercroft, and Osmos.
Waiting for: Final Fantasy Tactics and Forgotten Memories.

Last edited by KitKatBar; 10-29-2010 at 04:36 PM.