★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: FIGHT: ScribBall (2.99$) vs. Crayon Ball (1.99)?!

View Poll Results: So which ball is better?
Crayon Ball 4 57.14%
ScribBall 3 42.86%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll
03-15-2009, 10:57 AM
FIGHT: ScribBall (2.99$) vs. Crayon Ball (1.99)?!

so they both looks the same. and are made by the same developer.
but... which one is better?! and after voting please leave a comment.

SCRIBBALL

ScribBall now features multiple themes! You decide how ScribBall looks on your iPhone or iPod.
ScribBall is an arcade/puzzle game with a physics twist. The simple touch controls and realistic physics make for an easy-to-learn and intuitive game. ScribBall makes great use of the tilt feature, so as you tilt from side to side, the balls will tumble and roll just like you’d expect.

Highlights:
* Choose from several themes, including color blind friendly mode!
* New special balls featuring explosions, wildcards, locked balls, and more!
* Realistic physics – balls tumble and roll as they fall
* Easy to pick up addictive gameplay
* Control the fall of the balls by tilting your iPhone
* Fun hand-drawn graphics

When a group of four colored balls touch, they will pop and an avalanche of new balls will tumble in to take their place. Quickly and strategically tap out a few balls to set up the next match even before they settle into place. If your fingers are swift enough, you’ll add to an ever growing combo. This requires a bit of planning as every tap brings you closer to game over.

You’ll have a blast tapping and tilting away playing ScribBall.

What's new

Choose from one of four different themes! We brought back the classic look of ScribBall, in addition to the pencil look, a brighter theme, and a color blind friendly mode!

__________________________________________________ __________

CRAYON BALL

Great hand colored graphics! Crayon Ball is fun for the whole family and full of action!

Crayon Ball is a great physics puzzle game! It’s tilt sensitive and the balls roll around realistically. There are awesome powerup balls, like bombs that shake the screen as they explode!

Highlights:
* New special balls featuring explosions, wildcards, locked balls, and more!
* Realistic physics – balls tumble and roll as they fall
* Easy to pick up addictive gameplay
* Control the fall of the balls by tilting your iPhone
* Fun crayon-drawn graphics

How to Play:

When a group of four colored balls touch, they will pop and an avalanche of new balls will tumble in to take their place. Quickly and strategically tap out a few balls to set up the next match even before they settle into place. If your fingers are swift enough, you’ll add to an ever growing combo. This requires a bit of planning as every tap brings you closer to game over.

If you liked the graphics of Blocked, the gameplay of Bejeweled and Tetris, and the balls of reMovem and Super Monkey Balls, you will love Crayon Ball! If you’re sick of the letter i, like in iShoot, iCopter, iHunt, iFishing, iFart, or iSniper you will not find them here!

Last edited by pante; 03-15-2009 at 11:05 AM.
03-15-2009, 10:59 AM
haha why would you release both of those they are pretty much the same game but, idk i haven't tried them maybe they are different

DinoSmash online id: *DoMbAv94* (stars included)
I LOVE THE IPOTCH!!!!!!
App reviewer on Appmania!
CarJack Streets Promo Code Giveaway!!!

03-15-2009, 10:59 AM
I got Crayon Ball when it briefly went back to a buck a second time. Same thing, same developer, marketing strategy, = win for me
03-15-2009, 11:05 AM
holy similar its like touch physics and crayon physics

Current faves:UniWar,Glyder, Assasin's Creed, Wolfenstein,Zenonia(beta testing)
☻/ my review site:cheatcodes4chicos
/▌reviewer at: appmania
/ \ There you go rocketman I've moved on from hobocity
03-15-2009, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferi22 View Post
holy similar its like touch physics and crayon physics
yeah but those come from different devs, this is the same dev

Check out Randomness is green
some youtube comment:
Quote:
She's smart...
in a parallel universe, 100 billion years ago
03-15-2009, 11:10 AM
You can make ScribBall look like Crayon Ball in the settings So ScribBall wins in my book.
03-16-2009, 05:09 PM
so now crayon ball is for only 0.99cents...
any more opinions please?
03-17-2009, 05:07 PM
Hi everyone,

We're the developers of ScribBall and Crayon Ball, and like a few people mentioned, this was a marketing experiment for us. Basically, we put out ScribBall with a new skin, a new name, and a new icon, to see how it would fare. So far it's been doing great, and Crayon Ball was just chosen as a Staff Pick! So, we've been hard at work adding new features to Crayon Ball; a major update is being submitted to Apple today for themes in Crayon Ball.

I just recently made a post about Crayon Ball and ScribBall on our blog: http://howlingmoonsoftware.com/wordpress/?p=131

By the way, Crayon Ball will stay 99 cents for a limited time while we're featured!

If anyone has questions regarding the differences between the two games, please let me know- we don't want any confusion to arise from this experiment.

Andy Korth - Howling Moon Software - Contract app development
Check out Chipmunk Physics!
03-17-2009, 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueGenome View Post
You can make ScribBall look like Crayon Ball in the settings So ScribBall wins in my book.
Well, I wish this was true
03-17-2009, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
Well, I wish this was true
It's on our todo list! It'll be in the next ScribBall update.

Andy Korth - Howling Moon Software - Contract app development
Check out Chipmunk Physics!