★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Kosmo Spin by Simogo (universal app!)

10-29-2010, 03:27 AM
#1
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 307
Kosmo Spin by Simogo (universal app!)

Hi!
I'm Simon from Simogo. We're a two man studio (me & gordon!), and we've previously mostly worked on console games. Ilomilo, Lode Runner, R-Type Dimensions are some game we've worked on.
Aaaaanyway:
Yesterday we announced our first game Kosmo Spin for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad (yep, it's an universal app!)
It's a game about spinning the universe. Instead of me explaining all the aspects of the gameplay, have a look at the trailer for our game:

Youtube link | Pop Up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHvKwHyHYDQ
(if possible, I recommend watching it in all its HD 720p glory!)

I've also attached some screens to this post!

For even more info and stuff on the game go to our website:
www.kosmospin.com

We're currently wrapping up Kosmo Spin (bug fixing and optimizing so that it runs smooth on all generations) and are expecting to submit it to apple pretty soon. So we're hoping it'll be out in November.

Hope you like it! If you have any questions just shoot!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kosmospin_screen01.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	368.9 KB
ID:	25070   Click image for larger version

Name:	kosmospin_screen02.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	311.5 KB
ID:	25071   Click image for larger version

Name:	kosmospin_screen03.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	392.0 KB
ID:	25072  

Click image for larger version

Name:	kosmospin_screen04.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	424.9 KB
ID:	25073  
10-29-2010, 03:36 AM
#2
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: World, now Belgium
Posts: 3,031
Looks cute and fun!
I would love to give it a spin

-----
On GC I am FPEX

10-29-2010, 11:45 AM
#3
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Swansea, UK
Posts: 8,376
Oh man! This looks epic. I'm a huge admirer of your work on Ilomilo. That game also looks super. I'm all for the adorable characters and funny sounds. Consider this at the top of my waiting for list.

Invaders Must Die.
10-29-2010, 11:55 AM
#4
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Oh man! This looks epic. I'm a huge admirer of your work on Ilomilo. That game also looks super. I'm all for the adorable characters and funny sounds. Consider this at the top of my waiting for list.
Wow, that makes me super happy to hear!

Also glad to hear that you're digging the sounds since this is the first game that i'm not only doing the art for but also all sound and music (that's me playing the ukulele in the trailer!).
10-29-2010, 12:24 PM
#5
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 5,245
Looks great.
10-29-2010, 01:06 PM
#6
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,449
This looks awesome and I love the presence of the word universal in the title!

FreeAppTracker.com free daily apps, rankings, & contests!
10-29-2010, 02:07 PM
#7
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Swansea, UK
Posts: 8,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjagorilla View Post
Wow, that makes me super happy to hear!

Also glad to hear that you're digging the sounds since this is the first game that i'm not only doing the art for but also all sound and music (that's me playing the ukulele in the trailer!).
Really glad you are pleased Simon!

I'm curious as to what your role was in Ilomilo... Can't wait to try this, any idea when it's going to be sent off to Apple?

P.S - you are cool cause you know how to play the ukulele!

Invaders Must Die.
10-29-2010, 04:44 PM
#8
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird View Post
This looks awesome and I love the presence of the word universal in the title!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Really glad you are pleased Simon!

I'm curious as to what your role was in Ilomilo... Can't wait to try this, any idea when it's going to be sent off to Apple?

P.S - you are cool cause you know how to play the ukulele!
songbird, Great. It would feel silly to not make it universal. It's the same game, with different resolutions. I get the problem with keeping your app under 20mb with twice the assets size, really... But that's not an excuse to slap on an "HD" tag to your title and make your consumers pay double the price for assets you've already produced in twice the resolution.

sammysin, for ilomilo I came up with the art style, and made almost all of the art myself (models, textures, animation, everything). Also wrote the story, a lot of dialouge (and other texts), and basically was supervising/directing the general "feel" or should I say, tone or mood (?) of the game.
And played Ukulele, Harmonica and Kazoo on some tracks... But I can't really play either of them. I just squeeze them and make them produce some sounds.

We are aiming to send it off to approval as soon as possible. Gordon is super busy with squashing the last bugs, optimizing so that it runs smooth on all generations of devices and I have some final gameplay balancing... So. We're hoping to have it ready for apple in maybe a week, not more than two. So it should be out in November. That's what we're hoping anyway!
10-29-2010, 05:48 PM
#9
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Swansea, UK
Posts: 8,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjagorilla View Post
songbird, Great. It would feel silly to not make it universal. It's the same game, with different resolutions. I get the problem with keeping your app under 20mb with twice the assets size, really... But that's not an excuse to slap on an "HD" tag to your title and make your consumers pay double the price for assets you've already produced in twice the resolution.

sammysin, for ilomilo I came up with the art style, and made almost all of the art myself (models, textures, animation, everything). Also wrote the story, a lot of dialouge (and other texts), and basically was supervising/directing the general "feel" or should I say, tone or mood (?) of the game.
And played Ukulele, Harmonica and Kazoo on some tracks... But I can't really play either of them. I just squeeze them and make them produce some sounds.

We are aiming to send it off to approval as soon as possible. Gordon is super busy with squashing the last bugs, optimizing so that it runs smooth on all generations of devices and I have some final gameplay balancing... So. We're hoping to have it ready for apple in maybe a week, not more than two. So it should be out in November. That's what we're hoping anyway!
Really fantastic mate. I'm going to call myself your biggest fan. I remember being on the phone to my girlfriend when I first saw how cute and excellent Ilomilo looked. I was demanding she got on your site and saw it for herself.

Count me in to pick this up as soon as it's out! Best of luck finishing it off.
Cheers to you for being such a visionary for cute characters and lovely textures!

Invaders Must Die.
10-29-2010, 06:19 PM
#10
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Really fantastic mate. I'm going to call myself your biggest fan. I remember being on the phone to my girlfriend when I first saw how cute and excellent Ilomilo looked. I was demanding she got on your site and saw it for herself.

Count me in to pick this up as soon as it's out! Best of luck finishing it off.
Cheers to you for being such a visionary for cute characters and lovely textures!
Heart warming stuff! Very happy to hear it!

I've got some spare ilomilo badges that were made for a conference. PM me your adress if you'd be intrested in some of them!