★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Emilio Aguirre
  • Genre: Kids
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 12.4 MB
  • Version: 1.5
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: A strange virus is attacking the cells of your body, you have to destroy it to recover your health.
The virus is at the center of a cell, spawning small virus cells to protect it from the attack of your the white cells.

Your mission: destroy all orbiting small virus cells in order to weak the virus. Once there are no more left, it will be easy to destroy the virus.

Use the white big cells that orbit around the screen to attack the virus. To move these white cells you have to spin the big cell at the bottom of the screen.

Some white cells react on the same spin direction of the big cell rotation and others to the opposite direction.

At the beginning of the game you start with a seven white cells configuration. The more you advance in the game, you will have less white cells to attack. And they will react in a different manner when you spin the big cell.

So first learn the movements of the white cells before start attacking.

Complete all levels to win the game and recover your health.

eaguirre's comments:
Version 1.1 out now!

Youtube link | Pop Up

Cheers

eaguirre.
10-29-2010, 08:12 AM
This looks pretty good, I will tofft.

10-29-2010, 09:21 AM
victorkin11 - Thanks for your rating!

epedemix - Hope you like it.
10-29-2010, 09:23 AM
Great game!
beautiful graphic!
10-29-2010, 09:49 PM
Thanks for all your comments!
I really appreciate it, so in return here are some codes "gratis"

RNAMHNLA9EFE
37EKKY36NETM
73L639TT3THM
9XR6A6RR7LKT
PW9TT4FMRNE7

Cheers,

eaguirre
10-29-2010, 10:09 PM
Thanks, I got RNAMHNLA9EFE.
10-30-2010, 07:37 PM
Interesting game, thanks for the code. Sort of like a fancy brick breaker, set in a circle. You need to rotate the outer ring of white cells (paddles) to reflect back the ball coming out of the center and eventually destroy the virus in the center. Once you do that, you go to the next level where they drop the number of paddles/overlap them. It's pretty neat, but I definitely had to get used to the rotation direction. You need to use the large white cell on the bottom as a control stick. I tried swiping at first and that was definitely confusing as it seemed opposite of what I wanted the ring to do... adding a swiping mechanism to rotate the circle might be a good idea? Thanks again.
10-31-2010, 10:31 AM
Thanks secondtime, for your input. So let me get this right, the swip should be for the large white cell at the bottom? That will be cool. But I will need to add a damp force to reduce the spin eventually because if you swept fast enough the ring of cells will create a virtual circular wall and the ball will never get out of the ring, and the user will win all the time. Also in some levels some cells of the circular ring are moving in the opposite direction from the others or stay fixed in certain position. I will think something to add the swip and keep the game interesting
Cheers,

eaguirre
10-31-2010, 02:34 PM
I'm not sure of the best way to implement swipe. It could also be a left thumb/right thumb on each side of the iPhone? And I'm not totally convinced it's needed as I did get more used to the white cell as a control stick, but it would certainly give another control option, which users tend to like...

Not sure how someone managed to input a review on iTunes yesterday, I tried and it's not working for me. I'll do that once it is functional again.
10-31-2010, 08:46 PM
secondtime - thanks for your comments!

Adding two types of controls and let the user chose one sounds the way to go.

The first version I did, I used to have a slider control to move the circular white cells, but was difficult to use in the advance levels when some cells react to the same rotation and some others to the opposite one. So I will keep the big white rotation cell as one option and for the second one, I will add two arrow buttons for left and right (this will be easy to implement).

Or, maybe for a third option I can add a checkbox to play in portrait or landscape, the former will use the big white rotation cell and the latter no buttons just let the user press in a strip line of the screen at the right or the left (like other games do). But this third option will require a little more time to implement (in portrait all the game is offset at the top to let the white rotation control at the bottom and in landscape I will need to center all in the screen to let space for the left and right strips).

I will think about it...