★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Steady Ball Lite && Steady Ball

03-15-2009, 12:06 PM
Steady Ball Lite && Steady Ball

Here's the lite version of our app Steady Ball... it has 10 levels:

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=306665348&mt=8

If you like it, and if you want 40 more levels or want to build your own levels... here is the full version:

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=306660183&mt=8

Levels are just image files... so you can easily share them by emailing to friends or posting on a website...
03-15-2009, 12:39 PM
Are the graphics supposed to be like that?

I'm sure it's good, just not as a first impression for many buyers.

TA's resident ios rhythm game player
Former #1 Rhythm Control 2 Player (#2 now)
Unofficial #1 Gears Player (ignoring hackers)
Check out my Rhythm Game thread

03-15-2009, 12:45 PM
It's actually not bad! I just might purchase the full version, after trying the lite

Check out Randomness is green
some youtube comment:
Quote:
She's smart...
in a parallel universe, 100 billion years ago
03-15-2009, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coconutbowling View Post
Are the graphics supposed to be like that?

I'm sure it's good, just not as a first impression for many buyers.
I understand. The main strength of this app is the level editor in the full version... it's kind of a combination of a drawing tool, as well as a level editor... in that depending on the color of the pixel (red vs. blue vs. yellow etc...) each color fullfills a function in the level...

You can also create levels in any program you like... such as photoshop... then just get them on the iDevice... and load them in the app...

I drew the built in levels myself... I focussed more on difficulty and gameplay rather than the artistry...

I really think the app's strength is that it will show the user's creativity in the type of levels he draws... combining artistry with creating levels...

If those that get the full version want to share their levels, I think it would be great if they could post them in this thread...

Last edited by arkanigon; 03-15-2009 at 01:10 PM.
03-15-2009, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkanigon View Post
I understand. The main strength of this app is the level editor in the full version... it's kind of a combination of a drawing tool, as well as a level editor... in that depending on the color of the pixel (red vs. blue vs. yellow etc...) each color fullfills a function in the level...

You can also create levels in any program you like... such as photoshop... then just get them on the iDevice... and load them in the app...

I drew the built in levels myself... I focussed more on difficulty and gameplay rather than the artistry...

I really think the app's strength is that it will show the user's creativity in the type of levels he draws... combining artistry with creating levels...

If those that get the full version want to share their levels, I think it would be great if they could post them in this thread...
Maybe a contest with promo codes for arkanigon would draw a little more attention

some youtube comment:
Quote:
She's smart...
03-15-2009, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo19 View Post
Maybe a contest with promo codes for arkanigon would draw a little more attention
I might do that in the future...

I did do a couple of promo code contests for Arkanigon a while back when it came out...
03-15-2009, 01:28 PM
Quote:
I might do that in the future...

I did do a couple of promo code contests for Arkanigon a while back when it came out...
I miss this stuff lol,

some youtube comment:
Quote:
She's smart...
03-16-2009, 10:09 PM
For anyone that got the full version of Steady Ball, we have a forum here:

http://z13.invisionfree.com/Arkanigon/

I've created a section for Steady Ball, Extra Levels... we'll occasionally post extra levels there... you can save them to your iDevice and play them using Steady Ball (through the level editor). We encourage anyone who's created their own levels and wish to share them... to post them there.

Thanks.
03-19-2009, 06:16 PM
Here are a couple of extra levels for Steady Ball players:

03-19-2009, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Here are a couple of extra levels for Steady Ball players:

Uhh, are those the game graphics?

I know gameplay is SUPER important, but a GOOD game needs both good GAMEPLAY and good GRAPHICS...at least IMO.

Playing: Undead Vampire: 239404497/kiwi91@rocketmail.com MGS Touch, Let's Golf, G.I. Joyride, Space Ninja, Scoops, Textropolis, Hanoi, Agency Wars 5958, Watchmen, Flick Fishing, Light Jockey, GeoDefense, SkyForce Reloaded, Supermarket Mania, Zen Bound, Edge, Sway, 7 Cities, The Creeps!, iDracula, ExZeus, Tap Tap Revenge 2