★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Should I get Spider-Man now, or wait for the sale?

10-30-2010, 11:50 PM
Should I get Spider-Man now, or wait for the sale?

The talk about how awesome the boss fights are in Spider-Man got me curious, so I looked up a trailer on Youtube...

Youtube link | Pop Up

Holy ****!

I think I need this game...

Should I buy now, or wait for the inevitable Gameloft sale?
10-31-2010, 12:07 AM
i think you should buy it now if you really wanna buy it now, or may be wait for the sale if you really wanna wait for the sale.

10-31-2010, 12:09 AM
I resolved to always wait for the $1 sales with Gameloft now. I figure it's basically like getting another $5+ game for free if I do that.

That said, Spider-Man was the one Gameloft game that truly tested my resolve. I'm sure it is great, so if the extra money is no big deal to you, or there aren't other games that you want right now, then you may as well pick it up.

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms
10-31-2010, 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmiracle View Post
i think you should buy it now if you really wanna buy it now, or may be wait for the sale if you really wanna wait for the sale.

Eff it. I'll just wait. I still have some other games I need to finish. I'll just pretend I never saw that villains trailer.
10-31-2010, 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by medianotzu View Post
I resolved to always wait for the $1 sales with Gameloft now. I figure it's basically like getting another $5+ game for free if I do that.

That said, Spider-Man was the one Gameloft game that truly tested my resolve. I'm sure it is great, so if the extra money is no big deal to you, or there aren't other games that you want right now, then you may as well pick it up.
Good points.

I'm a big fan of the Spider-Man comics, and seeing all of the villains showcased like that for an iOS game made me woo. And after reading the reviews, and watching a few gameplay videos, I'm almost certain I'd love this game. But I'm going to fight temptation and wait... Or I might break down in an hour and buy it... I don't know. I'll wait.
10-31-2010, 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsharpfilm View Post
Good points.

I'm a big fan of the Spider-Man comics, and seeing all of the villains showcased like that for an iOS game made me woo. And after reading the reviews, and watching a few gameplay videos, I'm almost certain I'd love this game. But I'm going to fight temptation and wait... Or I might break down in an hour and buy it... I don't know. I'll wait.
Lol...yeah I love Spidey too, which is what made me really want it. But my enthusiasm was able to be tempered a bit by me convincing myself that it's mostly a standard beat 'em up, which isn't a genre that I am nuts about.

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms
10-31-2010, 12:35 AM
Ugh, that video is so intoxicating. The buy button is just sitting there, waiting for me...
10-31-2010, 01:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibelongintheforums View Post
Ugh, that video is so intoxicating. The buy button is just sitting there, waiting for me...
I know, right. I'm trying to play something else right now, but I keep thinking about this Spider-Man game I'd rather be playing.
10-31-2010, 04:47 AM
Well, Gameloft will probably do a Thanksgiving & Christmas sale, so you have doubled odds of that app going on sale. Plenty of other games to keep you occupied till then
10-31-2010, 07:59 AM
I'd say wait for a sale.

Wishlist: League of Evil, The Blocks Cometh
Giftanapp: a haven of gifting for all who love apps