★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

This section is not worth reading anymore (for me)

10-31-2010, 07:36 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
This section is not worth reading anymore (for me)

I used to learn so much about what types of games others like, find so many games I overlooked. Indeed, many complained that there were duplicative/overlapping "best of" and "top 10" type threads. Now there are almost none, its all asking for tips in specific games and various whines and rants about things like retina display.

Strange shift...I miss the old threads...

Currently addicted to Clash Royale
10-31-2010, 08:34 AM
+1

These days there's really no discussion left. All there is stupid kids who ask if they should wait for sales and don't know how to use the 'mass what should I get thread' and other 12 year olds crying about one of their games being overpriced or qqing about gameloft.

One's intelligence level would probably drop from being exposed to how idiotic and cheap this forum makes so many of these members seem.

10-31-2010, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtothis View Post
+1

These days there's really no discussion left. All there is stupid kids who ask if they should wait for sales and don't know how to use the 'mass what should I get thread' and other 12 year olds crying about one of their games being overpriced or qqing about gameloft.

One's intelligence level would probably drop from being exposed to how idiotic and cheap this forum makes so many of these members seem.
and the rest are needing help about things already answered, or what is the best game in each genre. Toucharcade has been slowly decling over the past 6 months or so...
10-31-2010, 01:46 PM
I have seen multipple times, posters attempting to self moderate this board by flaming topics that are duplicates, or too similar to older threads; and posters being flamed for bumping older threads. I think there is a feeling of walking on egg shells when creating a topic, that is stifling new discussion. The games board is already limited enough, this one should be more of an open anything goes discussion board for iOS games.

As is, the front page always seems the same when I check it. I would definitely prefer if we could get rid of the singular "recomedation" topic, it kills a lot of potential topics and discussions; funneling them into one black hole sort of topic, where things go unnoticed beyond maybe a single response to each request, I know I never go in there.

Best: Above, Squareball, forget-me-not, 1-bit ninja, Heroes of Kalevala, Mirror's Edge, Rat on a Skateboard, Final Freeway

Last edited by Vinvy; 10-31-2010 at 01:50 PM.
10-31-2010, 02:48 PM
If you think the section is not worth reading, don't read it.

It is ironic how this elitist thread of people who claim they are superior to the rest and act in an 'adult' manner and really stereotying, prejudice imbeciles.

Hey I'm Rob, I occasionally write for TouchArcade! Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/robfunnell3
10-31-2010, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diffusion8r View Post
I saw the title of the thread and the exact same sentence went through my head. Plus this thread doesn't even have anything to do with games - price complaining or gameloft bashing is much more appropriate for this section of the forum then your thoughts on this section of the forum. This thread belongs in the lounge imo.

FreeAppTracker.com free daily apps, rankings, & contests!
10-31-2010, 02:56 PM
Quote:

It is ironic how this elitist thread of people who claim they are superior to the rest and act in an 'adult' manner and really stereotying, prejudice imbeciles.
+1 i think you just summed up what i was thinking

http://www.planetminecraft.com/serve...creative-more/
Check out this sweet minecraft server with factions, survival, creative, 5 types of minigames (including parkour with 5 different courses) as well as skyblock and skygrid worlds!
Join with the address: mc.eternalempire.co.uk
10-31-2010, 03:00 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Quote:

Maybe you should re-read the thread...because your the first one to get nasty. Take your own advice, and if you arent interested in the thread, move on without posting. Bye.

Currently addicted to Clash Royale
10-31-2010, 03:04 PM
Lol keep talking diffusion8r, looking down the list of threads you've made, you're one of these idiots who are too blind to see the "Mass what should I get thread?" Keep trying brah.

"HELP! 17 games but only 16 places! D:

The best 3 recent releases?!?!

Espgaluda ii OR DoDonPachi Ressurection

Games with features from Fallout 3? HELP!

Help me choose the top 6 apps from the list!

Who's sick of sales?"

Yeah, let's not even go on. gtfo.

Last edited by backtothis; 10-31-2010 at 03:09 PM.
10-31-2010, 03:07 PM
Eh'......there's always been whiners and complainers. No different then reading this thread actually.
Its always been that way but I wouldn't necessarily point to just younger kids being the main source of problems. I've seen many adults flame others as well or just be an outright jerk in posting. I'm not being biased either seeing that I'm older (as in not being a kid).

And TA slowly declining?.......have you seen the recent members list?