★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Now updated for the new 2011/2012 season!

Don't forget Power Snooker is on TV today and tomorrow (19th.20th) look out for us!

Already being hailed as snooker's answer to Twenty20 cricket, Power Snooker
is the brand new innovative game which is set to revolutionise the world of
snooker, bringing a fresh, exciting new concept and a whole new audience to
the sport.

In Power Snooker points count, frames don't - the player scoring the most
points in a 30 minute match wins.

Only 9 red balls on the table the centre ball being the Power Ball, sink
this and for 2 minutes points count double, the PowerPlay.

A PowerZone, also delivers double points for any shot played from behind the
baulk line giving the opportunity for quadruple points when combined with a

A shot timer of 20 seconds limits the player's time to take a shot, run past
this and face a 20 point penalty, forcing very fast play and at times costly mistakes.

The iPhone and iPad game faithfully features all of the rules of Power
Snooker and is built from BHG's highly rated International Snooker engine
guaranteeing a realistic, dynamic and entertaining game. Additionally
featuring world wide high scores and achievements using the OpenFeint

The game play and rules as depicted in this game are the Property of Power
Snooker limited.
Power Snooker 2010 any unauthorised use is expressly forbidden and an
infringement of copyright

Toad In The Hole's comments:

10-31-2010, 05:48 PM
This looks interesting quite expensive but I'm gonna Download now

10-31-2010, 07:12 PM
Seconded sir! Yep, seems a tad rich, but gonna hit that cheeky little 'buy' button now. It's my demon. It keeps saying "press me, go on, you know you want to. What are you waiting for? I said press me. Do it do it..." and I just can't resist the sweet, sweet pitch of it's beckoning call. Err, do I have a problem? They say that the first step is admitting it to yourself...
10-31-2010, 07:26 PM
International Snooker suffered from unrealistically slow ball movement (on pulling up) which was never fixed, but otherwise was a decent game. With the description saying this is "based" on the International Snooker engine, I'd like to know exactly what that means. Did they just re-release the old game with a new game mode? Has the ball speed been fixed?

In the end though, this strikes me as something that should have been an International Snooker update anyhow. Still, be curious to read impressions.
11-01-2010, 12:03 AM
Interested. Liked International Snooker.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
11-01-2010, 04:51 AM
Game Impressions

Ok I have had a chance to play around with this for awhile now and so far I have found it very enjoyable .

Graphically it's very good there is still a slight feeling of the balls stopping too abruptly but not as bad as in International Snooker.

Controls are pretty good although I would prefer to be able too rotate your aim a little faster as you only have 20 secs to take your shot.

There are 1 player and 2 player games but sadly not online, and also a Tournament mode .

The one problem I have noticed is that they have the Rules slightly wrong , when you break off in the official rules as long as 2 reds hit a cushion you are still in play . But in the game the shot after the break goes to your opponent . It's not a game breaker but I would have thought they would have got the rules correct hopefully they will correct this in an update.
11-01-2010, 06:33 AM
Send a message via ICQ to NiclasW
Retina display support?