★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Official Car Jack Streets preview thread

03-15-2009, 02:56 PM
Official Car Jack Streets preview - includes 1st screenshot!

I'd like to pull all the Car Jack Streets pre-release stuff into one thread to save chocking up the rest of the forum with various Car Jack threads. I'll now use this thread with all the latest news in the run up to release.

To get started we have revamped the Car Jack Streets game website. You can check it out here:

www.carjackstreets.com

We'll be doing all sorts of fun things over the coming weeks including promo code giveaways on our Twitter and Facebook pages, a 'warts and all' behind the scenes video diary on YouTube plus the usual release of screen shots and game-play movies. We also have a very special competition based upon in game performance of which there will be news very soon.

Cheers
Paul

PS check out the characters page on the Car Jack website to see the in-game incarnation of our "get in the game" competition winner Marto Tonev!

Youtube link | Pop Up

PPS the first preview screenshot is included on page 8

Latest: Funpark Friends
Coming soon: Car Jack Streets 2
Follow us and all our latest news on Twitter

Last edited by salsamd; 03-24-2009 at 02:15 PM.
03-15-2009, 03:03 PM
I'm dreading these waiting days!

Will there be a lot of people on the streets?

P.S. How' your wife doing? I saw in the Dev thread that she was due soon

Currently Playing: Gomi, Minigore, Pocket God, Geodefense, Zenonia, Trace, Car Jack Streets, and Jimney Chimney

Proud member of the Car Jack Streets - Street Team!!

03-15-2009, 03:08 PM
Hey Hatteras good to hear from you and thanks for asking about the family. We are still waiting for #2 child to appear but it could be any day now... hopefully we will be celebrating the safe delivery of two babies this month - the human one and Car Jack!

There will be more people on the streets during the day than the night. We still have to finalise the balance - as you can image the more pedestrians the easier certain things are.... like the road kill felony achievement and the cult leader bonus. We do have a good number of pedestrian types so hopefully you'll approve - if not then we'd certainly welcome your thoughts for the planned updates!

Cheers
P

03-15-2009, 03:16 PM
I'm still a Tag Games supporter, tweet lurker and CJS awaiter. I entered a features contest, and recieved a pm back that was somewhat cryptic, from you Paul, so I prob didn't win huh ?

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon
03-15-2009, 03:21 PM
so,..

So what's the deal with the 3139 stuff and the green lit stuff on your twitter? I can keep a secret
03-15-2009, 03:39 PM
I joined up on Facebook. Name of Ben.
03-15-2009, 03:49 PM
Send a message via AIM to Sparks
When will it be outttttttttt
03-15-2009, 04:10 PM
Hey Rich if you didn't get a reply then do assume that you didn't win. We'll have plenty more promo codes to give away in the coming weeks so please do try again!

As far as release goes then I can't really talk about that with any certainty because of the review process... I will say that in terms of content we have the ok so no worries on that account. We are aiming for a 31st March release (hence the cryptic Twitter post!) but again it depends on how this week goes and how smoothly we get through the review process.

I will say that although we have made rapid progress towards completion we are not going to ship until we are happy with the game - we have too much riding on this as our first major iPhone title!

Cheers
P

03-15-2009, 04:20 PM
Wow, this looks amazing now with all the preview artwork and vehicles Can't wait
03-15-2009, 07:41 PM
I checked out the website for more info. It looks good. But I did notice that there was not one female character...

Edit: Just to clarify I'm not criticising. I just happened to notice and was curious about this.

Last edited by snow_mani; 03-15-2009 at 07:50 PM. Reason: to clarify