★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Cartoon Hero

03-15-2009, 03:33 PM
Cartoon Hero

Cartoon Hero

It looks interesting. I'd love to see a video of it, but I can't find anything.

There are some definite translation issues in their description("feel the smarting thrill"), but that doesn't seem like it'll affect the game. Seems simple, but looks like it could be fun. It's potentially a complete waste of $.99 too.

GameCenter: NotYou_ver1.0
03-15-2009, 03:35 PM
anybody wanna TOFFT?

Check out Randomness is green
some youtube comment:
Quote:
She's smart...
in a parallel universe, 100 billion years ago

03-15-2009, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo19 View Post
anybody wanna TOFFT?
I'll be busy with Let's Golf...lol.

Playing: Undead Vampire: 239404497/kiwi91@rocketmail.com MGS Touch, Let's Golf, G.I. Joyride, Space Ninja, Scoops, Textropolis, Hanoi, Agency Wars 5958, Watchmen, Flick Fishing, Light Jockey, GeoDefense, SkyForce Reloaded, Supermarket Mania, Zen Bound, Edge, Sway, 7 Cities, The Creeps!, iDracula, ExZeus, Tap Tap Revenge 2
03-15-2009, 04:08 PM
I'll give it a shot, looks like those .gif's you see people use as avatars which are well animated.

*edit* Well I played it for a little bit and left a 2 star review on the uk page, main reason is that the game doesn't lock up but the main character will suddenly not respond to anything by random over half the time you play, the background still animates so the app is still running, on a 2g Touch.

Gameplay wise it's a case of making sure your character lands on a star so he auto jumps into the air ready to land on another star, hit enough and you gain flying power to fly as high as you can. Rather simple.

Game would be more fun if I didn't have to close the app to get out of the player freezing problem.

3D modelling, design and sequential artist / GameCenter ID: Diab

Last edited by Diablohead; 03-15-2009 at 04:27 PM.
03-15-2009, 04:30 PM
Send a message via AIM to s0mah Send a message via Yahoo to s0mah
it's a Papi Jump/Skybound mix with a japanese stick figure aesthetic. I played for 5 minutes before deleting, but I don't regret spending the $.99.

twitter @ here
teh myspace @ &here
03-15-2009, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0mah View Post
it's a Papi Jump/Skybound mix with a japanese stick figure aesthetic. I played for 5 minutes before deleting, but I don't regret spending the $.99.
wow, lol

Check out Randomness is green
some youtube comment:
Quote:
She's smart...
in a parallel universe, 100 billion years ago
03-15-2009, 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diablohead View Post
I'll give it a shot, looks like those .gif's you see people use as avatars which are well animated.

*edit* Well I played it for a little bit and left a 2 star review on the uk page, main reason is that the game doesn't lock up but the main character will suddenly not respond to anything by random over half the time you play, the background still animates so the app is still running, on a 2g Touch.

Gameplay wise it's a case of making sure your character lands on a star so he auto jumps into the air ready to land on another star, hit enough and you gain flying power to fly as high as you can. Rather simple.

Game would be more fun if I didn't have to close the app to get out of the player freezing problem.
Touch the left bottom button in pause state.(pause function have some bugs. sorry~)
03-15-2009, 10:28 PM
This looks very interesting. Can someone who bought it try it some more (after reading how to fix the pause issue) and let me know if it is fun.

There are two 5 star reviews in the us app store.
03-25-2009, 08:52 PM
Okay I bought the game (since I got Kyper free ) and it's okay. Nice animations, pretty fun, but also very linear.