★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Interesting things to do with promo codes?

03-15-2009, 03:41 PM
Interesting things to do with promo codes?

Hi everyone,

I have about 30 promo codes for Theseus that are going to expire in a week. I'm kind of bored with the concept of just pasting them here and seeing a mad rush to use them all. Are there more creative/fun ways to distribute promo codes (possibly on a merit-based system)?

Edit: just discovered the Promo Code Exchange Club

My Games in the App Store: Theseus,
Theseus Lite
, Cryptograms, Rubehouse,
Theseus HD

Last edited by jasonf; 03-15-2009 at 03:44 PM.
03-15-2009, 03:42 PM
Contests? But those are always a pain.

Merit sounds nice...if I qualify lol.

Edit: Yeah, I think there are promo trading networks. I know there's a group. Candy is apart of it.

Playing: Undead Vampire: 239404497/kiwi91@rocketmail.com MGS Touch, Let's Golf, G.I. Joyride, Space Ninja, Scoops, Textropolis, Hanoi, Agency Wars 5958, Watchmen, Flick Fishing, Light Jockey, GeoDefense, SkyForce Reloaded, Supermarket Mania, Zen Bound, Edge, Sway, 7 Cities, The Creeps!, iDracula, ExZeus, Tap Tap Revenge 2

03-15-2009, 03:42 PM
There's a promo code exchange club...

http://forums.toucharcade.com/group.php?groupid=11
03-15-2009, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Albie View Post
There's a promo code exchange club...

http://forums.toucharcade.com/group.php?groupid=11
Thanks! Just submitted my join request

Theseus Lite
Theseus HD
03-15-2009, 03:46 PM
post a question for ppl to answer and first 20 to get it right win

there is a promo givaway club too

best thing is NO LURKERS!!!

i would love a code
game looks interesting

Currently Playing: MiniGore, LUXOR, Baseball Sluggers, Zenonia, Spy Bot Chronicles,
openfeint ID: stykman Plus+ ID: Stykman
Twitter: Stykman1 follow me
Beta tested: 15 games
Give them to kids who cant afford the game ---they have lots of friends and word spreds around schools very fast.

Have TA members write up a funny story that descibes your game...or scenaios in the game .... mental thoughts of the characters....then once the stories are done let the TA members vote and the top 15 get the promo codes ( either 2 each and they can pass them out or just 1 each and you have to think of something else to do)

Taking pictures of them playing their ipod somewhere and post them here ---- so many things that people will do to get a promo code

"e" TENNIS ---play this and you owe me $1
Look Right............................................. ........................Look Left
Ian Marsh (NimbleBit) did this contest which was pretty fun: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=4147

Some have us PM them and they choose random winners.

Twitter: @Zincous
03-15-2009, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonf View Post
Thanks! Just submitted my join request
No worries...the other you could consider is coming with a contest involving your lite version. For example, whoever can get past level 10 which btw is not easy, can be submit a screenshot for a drawing for the full version promo code. Not that this is practical but something along these lines would get people to try the lite version.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zincous View Post
Ian Marsh (NimbleBit) did this contest which was pretty fun: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=4147
That's a great idea - too bad I suck at photoshop

Theseus Lite
Theseus HD
Create a quiz regarding meaningless facts on obscure movies, or random facts about classic games.

If that doesn't workout make people post YouTube videos acting out Theseus with a friend (their creative interpretation of it)