★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Alpha72 Games
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 27.1 MB
  • Version: 1.1.1
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Brickadelic is a feature packed Breakout extravaganza. Taking the basic elements of the classic 1970's game and enriching them with breathtaking effects and introducing numerous new elements into the mix.

Lovingly crafted over 4 years, Brickadelic has been expanded into the epitome of Breakout games. Featuring 3 distinct modes of play, 100's of levels and full screen effects never seen before. The Bricks don't just sit there but slowly descend the screen forcing you to constantly adapt your strategy and keep you on your toes. Help is at hand in the form of over 100! different power ups, 16 ball types and Fruit pick ups that increase the length and power of your balls turning them in to devastating snakes.

All balls left in play at the end of a level turn to Gold Rings. Collect enough Rings and you can take on one of the 16 Bosses and unlock Extra Content, including a 2 player Pong game, DIY level editor where you can hand draw your own pictures then play them as levels, a 1980's retro pixel mode, new Skins, new Bat, mini-games, mirror-box and more effects.

Unique to Brickadelic is the Gamble button. When you get close to finishing a level you can choose to Gamble. Your bat will disappear and your remaining balls are left to complete the level on their own. Succeed, and you can get a big bonus, fail and you lose a life.

Brickadelic's Puzzle Mode offers you a chance to test your brain power over 120 cunningly designed levels. You'll need to work out the correct order to hit the Bricks to make groups of 3 or more of the same colour.

Adventure Mode has 240 themed levels and mini-game variant levels like Duck Shoot, Pictures, Trampoline, Driving Test, Alien Invasion, Hyper Jump & DIY levels.

Arcade Mode just throws you in at the deep end with non-stop Brick Busting action.

Also watch out for the 'Strange' power ups that twist, distort and spin the whole display making fantastic patterns as you play.

In essence 27,000+ bricks, 100+ power ups , 16 ball types ... 1 bat.

Alpha72's comments:

Brickadelic is a feature packed Breakout extravaganza. Taking the basic elements of the classic 1980's game and enriching them with breathtaking effects and introducing numerous new elements into the mix.

Brickadelic features 3 modes of play.

Arcade - Unlimited levels and non-stop action for those that want to experience the game to the full right from the start.

Adventure - 320 Theme based levels increasing in difficulty and introducing some of the 120 power ups available in the game.

Puzzle - 120 Challenging puzzles where you need to figure out the correct order to hit the bricks to create groups of three or more of the same colour.

There are also 16 Extras to unlock including a 2 player Pong game, 1980's Pixel Mode, DIY - that lets you draw and play your own pictures and Cyclops Mode!

Available now on iTunes!

11-02-2010, 02:28 AM
Holly crap! My eyes!!!

11-02-2010, 04:34 AM
Wooo going get it... NOW! Hope it is as good than the amazing Circuloid. The graphics remind me somehow The Magic Blackboard.

EDIT: Reading the description yes it seems to be a remake of The Magic Blackboard to iPad.
11-02-2010, 04:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qordobo View Post
Wooo going get it... NOW! Hope it is as good than the amazing Circuloid. The graphics remind me somehow The Magic Blackboard.

EDIT: Reading the description yes it seems to be a remake of The Magic Blackboard to iPad.
do let us know if it's good!

GameCenter / plus+ / Crystal ID: MeteorFlare
OpenFeint: MeteorFlye
11-02-2010, 04:43 AM
OMG this HD version looks so good, unbelievable it's too much it hurts the eyes!

Thanks thanks to the dev to have make this HD version.
11-02-2010, 09:27 AM
I gave it a go; it's actually pretty good! Graphics are OK, though a bit *too* trippy for my taste. Controls nice, neat powerups, plenty of levels...

If you like the Lite Brite styling, it's a nice addition of the breakout genre.
11-02-2010, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjornkeizers View Post
I gave it a go; it's actually pretty good! Graphics are OK, though a bit *too* trippy for my taste. Controls nice, neat powerups, plenty of levels...

If you like the Lite Brite styling, it's a nice addition of the breakout genre.
It isn't pretty good, it is amazing and one of the very best around for any devices. Don't get a wrong feeling about first very easy levels, the difficulty rise constantly.

In setup you can change the blurry level up to have crispy graphics (but in fact even the small blurry effects are crispy and shines on the iPad screen).

This version is from far the best. I'm a bit sad it's not the original iphone developper that also made this ipad port but well, it's an amazing port.

In original PC version the game is only 640*480 and is very blurry even with lowest blurry setup. The iPad version obviously increase the resolution and set minimum blurry effect to lower than on PC/iPhone. Plus it's a game that now seems designed for iPad screen resolution, and it makes it wonderful.

Also the PC original name highlight only a little trick of the game, funny but not really relevant to gameplay, ie you can draw your name. This iPad port change the name for a perfect logic, Brickadelic is just the perfect name that fits perfectly the game.

All in all an amazing port, it's the port I was wishing but never really expect, because I felt iPhone version didn't get from far the attention it was worth, sad and a reason to never expect an iPad version, but great surprise.
11-02-2010, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qordobo View Post
I'm a bit sad it's not the original iphone developper that also made this ipad port but well, it's an amazing port.
Well after to have realized the dev was in fact the same than for The Magic Blackboard I check more the app store to see the The Magic Blackboard is pulled. No idea if this is temporary or not.

Well I know TA users tend to be very reactive against such stuff, but well this is so polished, and plenty features has been added:
  • In previous iphone version there was "O" falling at end of level, they had no use but now they allow fight a boss when you collect enough of them. I beat the first boss and it was epic, well ok psychedelic.
  • And each boss you beat unlock a new stuff. And there's 16 bosses to beat and 16 stuff to unlock, this first is a 2 players mode, nice.
  • There's also achievements named Medals but for now, first game finished (by death) and I didn't get any Medals.
  • There's also the Puzzle mode like in iphone version wich is a merge of Brick Breaker and Match 3.
  • But there's an Arcade mode with random levels.
  • And the adventure mode which is the campaign replace the previous Arcade Mode which was the campaign in iphone version.
  • There's also a special trick added, the Gamble. Close to end of a level a G button appears and if you hit it, your pad disappear and if you end the level anyway you get a bonus depending of the duration of the gamble.
  • And the game keep tracks of your statistics.

Add that to the qualities I already quoted in previous posts and you get a grand oeuvre that it would be a shame to ignore or worse, just because you want apply some "justice". Well for an iphone game you got for free or bought $.99 and that probably sold 10 units, this would not be cool.
12-20-2010, 11:45 PM
This is free at the moment.. I'd have happily paid if I'd seen it before though - it's amazing!

I am a fan of breakout, and also of psychedelia.. I've played other trippy brick breakers in the past but this is by far the best.. Really beautiful, fun and interesting.. Plays great.. Well recommended!

Also it contains collectible fruit and rains of frogs. The marks of a brilliant game >_>

Last edited by nyarla; 12-20-2010 at 11:48 PM.
12-21-2010, 01:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyarla View Post
This is free at the moment.. I'd have happily paid if I'd seen it before though - it's amazing!

I am a fan of breakout, and also of psychedelia.. I've played other trippy brick breakers in the past but this is by far the best.. Really beautiful, fun and interesting.. Plays great.. Well recommended!

Also it contains collectible fruit and rains of frogs. The marks of a brilliant game >_>
Phenomenal Brick breaker!! And FREE!!! Get it quickly.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer