★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: ***Unique RPG-Style Card Game on ipad - Heroes Blade***

11-03-2010, 01:47 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
NEW UPDATE 1.05!!! ***Unique RPG-Style Card Game on ipad - Heroes Blade***

12/13/2010 - Heroes Blade 1.05 for ipad just got approved and has these AWESOME improvements:

- Newly Improved Deck Editor
- Minion Placement AND Spell/Minion Ability Targeting Indicator

The game is fully functional and is definitely a 5 star app. There are no known bugs in the latest version 1.02... o.O) Anyway, you can see a game play video at www.heroesblade.com/video and find a link 2 the game from there also.

Give the game a try and tell us what you think! Would love 2 see everyones thoughts and comments.

woot woot!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbs_1.PNG
Views:	77
Size:	502.2 KB
ID:	25342   Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbs_2.PNG
Views:	41
Size:	602.4 KB
ID:	25343   Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbs_3.PNG
Views:	30
Size:	476.0 KB
ID:	25344  

Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbs_4.PNG
Views:	26
Size:	608.6 KB
ID:	25345  

Last edited by cro; 12-14-2010 at 12:02 AM. Reason: update 1.05 info
11-03-2010, 02:40 AM
Just got it today and it stole me away from Fallout: New Vegas for over an hour. That is pretty high praise I think! I really enjoy the mix of Rpg and CCG, though I have a few issues.

1. What's up with some of the unit upgrades being worse? Taking that chained skeleton from rank 1 to rank 2 is a terrible idea for example. Even if rank 3 is fantastic I doubt the cost in gold is justifiable.

2. The AI is very dumb. Constantly uses healing spells on full HP units and never uses innate spells a unit has. At least not that I've seen.

Great game overall though and I look forward to playing this for a looooong time. So much replay value!

11-03-2010, 03:04 AM
Hey Deadza thanks for the comment.
1 - they weren't originally "worse" they were supposed to have other abilities that caused crashing in the beta version and just haven't been given new abilties yet. that will be soon after we see what needs to be balanced. BUT it will be fixed.
2 - yes it is. that's why it has waaaaay more HP than u. lol. sometimes it will do something mildly intelligent, but mostly its a brain-dead octapuss that points to a random # and then *BAM*... it heals your dying Minion much to your confusion... were workin' on that 2. lol
11-03-2010, 04:25 AM
Traits are bugged somehow. Critical and Spiked shield don't give an increased chance of working when you buy up a rank, or at least the store doesn't show it. Also after buying spiked shield I was unable to play mana until I exited out of the game.

Plus is it intended or an exploit to have more than three of a given unit? I assume exploit since the store limits you to three when buying spells. For example if I have three first rank zombies and three second rank zombies I can still upgrade the first rank zombies. That gives six separate instances of the second rank of the same unit in my deck.

Still having a great time playing though.
11-03-2010, 04:29 AM
Touch Arcade is the best forum for iOS due to the amount of developers who come here and equally so, the amount of feedback users give to the developers. That being said, developers don't need to come here and make secondary accounts, pretend to be someone else to boast their own game - it doesn't give the developer a good image.

If you want to promote your game, these forums are the best, but do so in respectful way. Let the users give feedback (you don't need to make secondary accounts), and better yet give promo codes and have TA users post honest reviews on iTunes and give good feedback here to rightfully promote and better the game.

Anyways, I'm personally not too sold on this game yet. I've bought too many iPad games in the last month. Gotta hold back a bit.
11-03-2010, 04:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykikgmr View Post
Touch Arcade is the best forum for iOS due to the amount of developers who come here and equally so, the amount of feedback users give to the developers. That being said, developers don't need to come here and make secondary accounts, pretend to be someone else to boast their own game - it doesn't give the developer a good image.

If you want to promote your game, these forums are the best, but do so in respectful way. Let the users give feedback (you don't need to make secondary accounts), and better yet give promo codes and have TA users post honest reviews on iTunes and give good feedback here to rightfully promote and better the game.

Anyways, I'm personally not too sold on this game yet. I've bought too many iPad games in the last month. Gotta hold back a bit.
Let's. The dev will give at one point some promo code and we will get some more views on this game.

-----
On GC I am FPEX
11-03-2010, 11:38 AM
is there a multiplayer?

Gaming with other human players will be more fun than battling against a computer =/
11-03-2010, 12:36 PM
I am a developer for this game. This is my only account and this post is actually a repost of sorts to let people know that the game has been updated to version 1.02 and because we had a few freezing bugs in the last version. I wasn't being deceptive or trying to hide who I am or anything like that, Psy. I'm sorry if you feel that I am, I didn't mean to come across like that at all.

I'm gonna try to get some promo codes out on here to you guys soon, but I have to make sure we have enough left after we hit up game review sites. Keep checking the forum for them.

cro
11-03-2010, 12:38 PM
And DDexter - there is currently a multiplayer built into the game, but its not online just yet. You can build up to 3 separate decks on a single ipad and you can play against a friend via taking turns. We are waiting for more users before we add an online multiplayer. There just simply aren't enough players on the game to do it just yet.
11-03-2010, 12:53 PM
There is already a thread for this game, why start another. At least in the first one there are detailed reviews that discuss the warts and all.

I did attempt to find it, but came up empty.

Decent game, but it is still buggy.

Munkie!

Looking for a cool sig.