★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Glu
  • Genre: Adventure
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 83.9 MB
  • Version: 1.0.0
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Optimized for iPad!

GET A HEAD START with Toyshop Adventures for iPad + Extra Bonus! Receive a BONUS of 25 units of special Crystal currency that you can use to get power-ups, new playable characters, and unlock new episode packs of levels! PLUS play Toyshop Adventures for iPad AD-FREE!

Some peculiar things are happening down here in the Toyshop

Our shopkeeper has lost his marbles (quite literally!) and it's up to you to help him find his special marbles and restore balance to this once peaceful toy store! Guide one of the shopkeeper's favorite toys through a variety of playful, platform puzzles. Collect all of the lost marbles, avoid the electrically-charged Nanobots, and discover secret areas hidden deep within the stacks of toys and games. Use your trusty lasso to grab and move certain objects to help reach your goal. Check in with other toys you meet on your adventures for help and power-ups! Open up the Toyshop today and uncover a miniature world of platform hopping playthings!

FEATURES:

Play the game without Ads AND get a BONUS of 25 Crystals to use for power-ups, new playable characters, and new episode packs of levels!

Enhanced graphics optimized for the iPad

Story-filled adventure- play through the imaginative series of platform-based levels set among the shelves of an enchanted toy store

Unlock colorful new characters- find friends along the way to unlock new playable characters that you might just recognize!

Platform gaming with so much more - ride in toy dump-trucks and helicopters, swing from yo-yos, move and tip over certain objects to reveal new ways through the levels

Get even more - additional levels, power-ups and pint-sized characters available NOW!

Check out other Glu games:

Deer Hunter African Safari for iPad
Build-a-lot 2: Town of the Year for iPad
Deer Hunter 3D for iPad
Super KO Boxing 2 for iPad
Glyder 2 for iPad

FOLLOW US at
Twitter - @glumobile
facebook.com/glumobile

GIFT THIS APP: Click the "Buy App" arrow in the iTunes® App Store.

EMAIL US at toyshop-i@glu.com

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

11-03-2010, 06:03 AM
this reminds me alot of little big planet. looks kinda like a light hearted, free and easy game like LBP. it would be cool if you could make your own levels =D

11-03-2010, 08:33 AM
So rather than being free they're bribing with removed ads and 25 crystals for $2. Not bad I suppose -- you can't get rid of the ads in the iPhone version for any amount of money -- but having played the iPhone version it seems the levels are designed to deplete your powerups until you run out and have to buy more with IAPs. 25 crystals will let you get further, but I'd wager not enough not to require IAPs to complete. Not sure I want to risk shelling out this time to find that out.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
11-03-2010, 09:29 AM
Acutally, its the same deal for iphone. There is a "premium" version that is out. I got it over the weekend for .99 and there are no ads, and they give you just enough crystals to unlock area 2. Its back up to 1.99 though so same deal as ipad. Not bad deal, I just hope this isn't a every 10 levels will cost you. Hopefully some more free levels are on the way. Or a level editor to make our own, then it will truly be like LBP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfield View Post
So rather than being free they're bribing with removed ads and 25 crystals for $2. Not bad I suppose -- you can't get rid of the ads in the iPhone version for any amount of money -- but having played the iPhone version it seems the levels are designed to deplete your powerups until you run out and have to buy more with IAPs. 25 crystals will let you get further, but I'd wager not enough not to require IAPs to complete. Not sure I want to risk shelling out this time to find that out.

Gamecenter - Kurosaki Ichigo
11-03-2010, 04:37 PM
It seems quite fun but the fun will depend a lot of the level design, it's weird but I never tried LBP.
11-03-2010, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qordobo View Post
It seems quite fun but the fun will depend a lot of the level design, it's weird but I never tried LBP.
Meh ... not going to risk that it's going to hook me in and demand more money every few levels because I can't afford the powerups necessary. I'd rather pay once and get a game I can complete.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
12-12-2010, 01:25 PM
I bought the $1.99 version when it came out, but have only just started to play it . It's not possible to progress past level 4 because the game randomly crashes all the time. Shame, because it's good up to that point. Maybe an OS4.2 issue?
12-12-2010, 03:44 PM
Your right on both, it seems quite fun, first time I played it I stop played too soon because I couldn't succeed reach a secret area. This time I succeed fastly and then played the game more, and it is fun, not sure if this will be all along the game.

Also I crashed quite often even before level 4. An Hardware shutdown help a bit but didn't stop crash occurs sometimes. I don't remember had this problem the first time I played it. Perhaps ios4 or an update of the game.
12-12-2010, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben909 View Post
I bought the $1.99 version when it came out, but have only just started to play it . It's not possible to progress past level 4 because the game randomly crashes all the time. Shame, because it's good up to that point. Maybe an OS4.2 issue?
Yes but have you tried cut the music? It seems work for me but I still haven't finished level 4, not at all as easy than I was worry.
12-12-2010, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qordobo View Post
Yes but have you tried cut the music?
I've tried a hard reset, etc, but one thing I haven't tried is cutting the music Thanks for the tip!