★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: Lars! Super Action Danger Lizard

11-03-2010, 12:39 PM
Lars! Super Action Danger Lizard

Here's a few screenshots from our upcoming retro platformer. Over 70 levels of the best "almost mario" that a couple of indie developers could come up with.

Run, jump, and swim along with special agent Lizard Lars as he navigates deadly exotic jungles, dark treacherous caves, warm relaxing beaches, and lethal fiery volcanos.

Finishing the last of the pixel art and music now, so we should have some gameplay video shortly.
11-04-2010, 08:15 PM
Looks fantastic, TELL me there's an iPod (2g included) version in the works! I don't have an iPad.

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero

11-05-2010, 09:46 AM
Working on it. Not sure if iphone/ipod support will be in initial release but it will be available not long afterwards.

Smaller screen has been a challenge with a platformer that is both horizontal and vertical. Hard to see what's below you when you're jumping down to something unless you zoom out so much that the tiles and characters become almost too tiny. But yes, we want to support many devices.

Here's one of our mega evil boss characters. Pretty evil looking, wouldn't you say? Hate to meet him in a dark alley.

11-05-2010, 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadweight View Post
Working on it. Not sure if iphone/ipod support will be in initial release but it will be available not long afterwards.

Smaller screen has been a challenge with a platformer that is both horizontal and vertical. Hard to see what's below you when you're jumping down to something unless you zoom out so much that the tiles and characters become almost too tiny. But yes, we want to support many devices.

Here's one of our mega evil boss characters. Pretty evil looking, wouldn't you say? Hate to meet him in a dark alley.

Creeeepy!!

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero
11-18-2010, 10:23 AM
Still working on getting some gameplay video. In the meantime, I've exported out maps of two of the levels to give you an idea of how they're shaping up. These are from the earlier worlds and play out on the easier side of the spectrum. Later levels can get a little more complex.

Last edited by deadweight; 11-18-2010 at 11:02 AM.
11-20-2010, 12:07 PM
So how's development? Thought I'd post the icon here so this isn't considered bumping.

11-20-2010, 12:09 PM
Icon lock nice

Editor at TouchArchive - Follow us:Twitter Facebook
Games List Tested Join our staff just PM me.
If you want to see your game on our blog,just send us a request.
11-23-2010, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlejumper View Post
So how's development?
Getting closer. Finishing the UI graphics and smashing bugs at this point. Also have a few final boss levels to code and the content will be complete. We're really pushing for a release in early December, and so far we seem to be on track.

If I can finish the UI this weekend I'll get the gameplay video that I promised posted to youtube. The game plays pretty smoothly right now. If you're a fan of old-time side-scroller physics... I'm hoping you'll be pleased. It took a great deal of tweaking to get it to feel just right, and we're fairly happy with how it plays.
12-16-2010, 01:36 PM
Wow. We submitted this last week and it just got approved in under 8 days. Didn't even have time to finish the gameplay video.

We delayed release by about a week so we could include Universal support from day1... so hopefully the extra time pays off. I'll post the full details when it shows up in the stores.

Last edited by deadweight; 12-16-2010 at 01:38 PM.
12-16-2010, 01:51 PM
Nice.

-----
On GC I am FPEX