★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Trace

10-23-2008, 07:16 PM
#1
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 174
Trace

Has anyone grabbed the free app Trace?

I've been so busy with iFishing and Virtual Villagers I just got around to playing it now. It's great! The graphics aren't that good, but it's very addictive. Basically it's like Line Rider except it has a goal for each level.

I'll video review it later tonight or tomorrow.

Edit: You can get it HERE
10-23-2008, 07:18 PM
#2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlake02 View Post
Has anyone grabbed the free app Trace?

I've been so busy with iFishing and Virtual Villagers I just got around to playing it now. It's great! The graphics aren't that good, but it's very addictive. Basically it's like Line Rider except it has a goal for each level.

I'll video review it later tonight or tomorrow.

Edit: You can get it HERE
Yeah, Trace is good but gets old after awhile. iFishing and VV are way betters apps, but then again, it's free. Nothing to lose.

10-23-2008, 07:27 PM
#3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlake02 View Post
Has anyone grabbed the free app Trace?

I've been so busy with iFishing and Virtual Villagers I just got around to playing it now. It's great! The graphics aren't that good, but it's very addictive. Basically it's like Line Rider except it has a goal for each level.

I'll video review it later tonight or tomorrow.

Edit: You can get it HERE
Yah I think everyone already got it lol there was a huge discussion about it here http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=218
10-23-2008, 07:37 PM
#4
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 174
Whoops my bad.. didn't see anything.. guess I should have searched it.
10-23-2008, 08:27 PM
#5
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,404
yes I also enjoy Trace so much. I beat it in around 1 hour (the time displayed on screen, but not the actual playing time *it's much longer than that and spread in a few days).

I love it because it's simple, easy to pick up, and the closest thing to old school platform game which I'm craving for.
10-23-2008, 08:29 PM
#6
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,404
ps: it looks better after he updated the man graphic, but I already finished it by the time he released the update.

Anyway, it's definitely on of the most enjoyable games I've played on iPhone, and it beats iFishing too!
10-23-2008, 09:04 PM
#7
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Atlantic Ocean
Posts: 665
Yesss Trace is very fun, could use a bit more tho.
10-23-2008, 09:47 PM
#8
I was hoping for something more physics based.
10-23-2008, 09:59 PM
#9
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlake02 View Post
I'll video review it later tonight or tomorrow.
Glad u like it. Send me the link for the review (I'm the Trace developer, Kevin Calderone)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloneWars View Post
Yesss Trace is very fun, could use a bit more tho.
Do you mean more levels? or more variety? I'm still looking for suggestions for the sequel (Planning a level editor so there should be plenty of levels btw)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirisaacx View Post
I was hoping for something more physics based.
Noted, but I assumed people would blame me for copying iPhysics or something if I had made it more physics based. Will probably add a little more physics.
10-23-2008, 11:39 PM
#10
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Atlantic Ocean
Posts: 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by bovinedragon View Post


Do you mean more levels? or more variety? I'm still looking for suggestions for the sequel (Planning a level editor so there should be plenty of levels btw)


More verity. Once you have mastered how to beat one world then the rest is easy. Then it all comes down to knocking time off your high score, which can be quite boring (I had the high score for about 2 days :P) By Verity i dont mean more worlds or levels, add another aspect or goal other then just reaching the end. Hope that helps PM me if it doesn't :P.