★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: ***Happy Holidays From Castellana Game Studios***
***BRAND NEW VERSION 1.2 RELEASED ON SALE FOR A LIMITED TIME*****

LightPoint for the iPhone and iPod Touch

What People Are Saying:
"The premise is sound, if not outstanding, and the look and feel of the game are top-notch." (AppSafari)

AppStore Reviews (Full Version):

"This is the most creative new puzzle game I have played in years. Every other game I have played can be, and usually is compared to another game. This is the first game I have played that when asked, "what's it like", I don't have anything to compare it to. It's addicting, challenging, and fun as hell! I would have been happy to pay $4.99 for it, and for 1.99 ........ GET IT!!! This game rocks!!"

"I have not been able to put this game down since the moment I bought it! I love the unique strategy of the gameplay, and the graphics and music are superb as well. By far my favorite game for the iPhone and guess what, it looks fabulous on my iPad too!"

"I love this game. using my memory at extreme speeds is a new experience in puzzle gaming. I tried the light version on my friends iPhone and had a great time, but the game really takes off on level 6 in the full version, new symbols strategy and challenges. I will be playing this game for a long time to come. Highly recommended!"

Game Description:
LightPoint is an amazing new puzzle experience that anyone can enjoy, especially families. Each level offers a grid of blocks that get bigger as the levels progress and all of the blocks hide different symbols that determine if a block is good or bad. The goal of the game is to activate all of the good blocks within each level before time runs out. These symbols or also referred to as Runes, if bad, can end the game in an instant or help guide you to victory. Your main tool to navigate each level is called a LightPoint and it allows you to get a quick glimpse of the Runes hidden so you may choose your way wisely. But beware, use it carelessly and it may cost you the game. Do you have what it takes to illuminate your path? Get ready, this is LightPoint!!!

4 Game Modes, Unlimited Levels:
-Arcade: Offering a great experience for the casual gamer and the standard mode of gameplay for LightPoint
-Hardcore: Pumps up the difficulty and speed to a much harder level
-Insanity: 255 Arcade or Hardcore levels with handicaps, however your overall score is compounded between each level. Most definitely not for the faint of heart..
-Survival: Unlimited levels either on the Arcade or Hardcore difficulty with score being compounded between each level.

Level Selector:
-You can now start the game at any level you've already beaten or right where you left with the brand new level selector.

Endless Replayability:
-The game was developed to never give you the same experience twice. Each level is randomly generated so you will always get new puzzles you have not encountered before which will keep the experience fresh for as long as you play!

Beautifully Rendered Graphics:
-Amazing effects and rendering light up your eyes with excitement!!!
-Full Retina Display support for bringing HD graphics to the iPhone 4 and next-gen iPod Touch

Facebook Integration:
-Log into Facebook and have LightPoint post your newest achievements to share with your family and friends

Leaderboards:
-Online world-wide leaderboards giving you a chance to rank against the best
-Separate device leaderboards to see how you rank against friends on your iPhone or iPod Touch

Amazing Developer Support!!!
-New Updates planned will bring more features to the game in the future
-Looking forward to hearing back from the community and understanding most what makes their experience better
-Contact CGS by checking out http://www.CastellanaGameStudios.com

CGSDev's comments:
Hey Everyone,

My name is Matt Castellana and Im a developer who is new to TouchArcade so I would like to first say hello and introduce myself to the community. Its great to see the level of support everyone is giving each other on this website and Im glad to share this with you all. I have released my first ever video game under my new company Castellana Game Studios called LightPoint. I have some promo codes that are set to expire below so get them while you can. Check out the details below...

***LightPoint Available For The iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad***

LightPoint is an amazing new puzzle experience that anyone can enjoy, especially families. Each level offers a grid of blocks that get bigger as the levels progress and all of the blocks hide different symbols that determine if a block is good or bad. The goal of the game is to activate all of the good blocks within each level before time runs out. These symbols or also referred to as Runes, if bad, can end the game in an instant or help guide you to victory. Your main tool to navigate each level is called a LightPoint and it allows you to get a quick glimpse of the Runes hidden so you may choose your way wisely. But beware, use it carelessly and it may cost you the game. Do you have what it takes to illuminate your path? Get ready, this is LightPoint!!!

3 Game Modes, 290+ Levels Of Fun:
-Arcade: Offering a great experience for the casual gamer and the standard mode of gameplay for LightPoint
-Hardcore: Pumps up the difficulty and speed to a much harder level
-Insanity: 255 Hardcore levels with handicaps, however your overall score is compounded between each level. Most definitely not for the faint of heart..

Endless Replayability
-The game was developed to never give you the same experience twice. Each level is randomly generated so you will always get new puzzles you have not encountered before which will keep the experience fresh for as long as you play!

Beautifully Rendered Graphics:
-Amazing effects and rendering light up your eyes with excitement!!!
-Full Retina Display support for bringing HD graphics to the iPhone 4 and next-gen iPod Touch

Facebook Integration:
-Log into Facebook and have LightPoint post your newest achievements to share with your family and friends

Leaderboards:
-Online world-wide leaderboards giving you a chance to rank against the best
-Separate device leaderboards to see how you rank against friends on your iPhone or iPod Touch

Amazing Developer Support!!!
-New Updates planned will bring more features to the game in the future
-Looking forward to hearing back from the community and understanding most what makes their experience better

PROMO CODES:
JHHFJK9EJPKJ
ARKX67RMF7MJ
LMLLWR9MW6PP
K4WF4WYPNK9P
MMTWETEJPXME
H6H7H7JRPJNE

Coming Very Soon...
LightPoint 1.1 - Adding more gamemodes, features and tweaks nearly doubling the gameplay
LightPoint Lite 1.1 - Bringing even more levels to the free version of LightPoint

LightPoint on the AppStore:
Full Version
Lite Version

Debut Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTI_9PFUIOg
BTW... Keep in mind that I was on a very tight budget so the gameplay recorded in the trailer is from the iPhone Simulator. The experience will be a lot better when played on an actual device.

Customer Reviews:
"This is the most creative new puzzle game I have played in years. Every other game I have played can be, and usually is compared to another game. This is the first game I have played that when asked, "what's it like", I don't have anything to compare it to. It's addicting, challenging, and fun as hell! I would have been happy to pay $4.99 for it, and for 1.99...... GET IT!!! This game rocks!!"

"I have not been able to put this game down since the moment I bought it! I love the unique strategy of the gameplay, and the graphics and music are superb as well. By far my favorite game for the iPhone and guess what, it looks fabulous on my iPad too!"

"I love this game. using my memory at extreme speeds is a new experience in puzzle gaming. I tried the light version on my friends Iphone and had a great time, but the game really takes ooff on level 6 in the full version, new symbols strategy and challenges. I will be playing this game for a long time to come. Highly recommended!"

"This game is really fun and super addictive!"

From the bottom of my heart, thank you for taking the time to read this, I hope you enjoy this game everyone and best of luck on all your ventures!

Matthew Castellana
Castellana Game Studios
11-03-2010, 02:34 PM
H6H7H7JRPJNE taken. Thanks and comments will follow!

P.S. Have you planned a iPad compatibility?

Last edited by Caprone; 11-03-2010 at 02:37 PM.

11-03-2010, 02:37 PM
u r lucky..i have been trying for ten minutes. it says error ping
whats the hell is that??
11-03-2010, 02:38 PM
Whoa?? that was fast. All gone.
11-03-2010, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Caprone: P.S. Have you planned a iPad compatibility?
Yes, I am currently planning an iPad and also a release for the new Mac AppStore as well.

The current version of LightPoint will work on the iPad and since I added HD graphics and support for the Retina Displays, it scales perfectly in 2x mode filling up the iPad screen so technically, the version works great but I would like to make one more dedicated and pushing the levels and tech even farther with the iPad hardware... Im hard at work on these and even new updates for the current version to keep the experience fresh for a long time but I expect to have the versions for iPad and Mac in beta by December and possibly a Holiday release.

Thanks again everyone
11-03-2010, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGSDev View Post
Yes, I am currently planning an iPad and also a release for the new Mac AppStore as well.

The current version of LightPoint will work on the iPad and since I added HD graphics and support for the Retina Displays, it scales perfectly in 2x mode filling up the iPad screen so technically, the version works great but I would like to make one more dedicated and pushing the levels and tech even farther with the iPad hardware... Im hard at work on these and even new updates for the current version to keep the experience fresh for a long time but I expect to have the versions for iPad and Mac in beta by December and possibly a Holiday release.

Thanks again everyone
Great! Thanks for the answer and as soon as i'll try the game i'll post some comments.
11-03-2010, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caprone View Post
Great! Thanks for the answer and as soon as i'll try the game i'll post some comments.
Thank you very much, I really appreciate it!

UPDATE: Here are my last 2 promo codes up for grabs

XEAYTWX379RL
N4ANLLJWNPJ9

Last edited by CGSDev; 11-03-2010 at 05:38 PM.
11-03-2010, 06:14 PM
Boom, like a bomb, I gets the first code.

Thanks devs!

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
11-05-2010, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djflippy View Post
Boom, like a bomb, I gets the first code.

Thanks devs!
Congratz buddy to you and also to all that won! If any of you got the chance to play LightPoint yet, I would love to hear some feedback of what you all thought. Hope everyone is enjoying their Friday!!!