★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: !!!ON SALE FOR .99 FOR A LIMITED TIME!!!

The Necronomicon Horror is a single-player role-playing and card game of arcane horror and mystery.

Featured by Apple under Games - Adventure/Role-Playing: What's Hot/New & Noteworthy categories on the App Store.

ToppApp Charts:

Ranked Top #8 in Role-Playing Games worldwide on App Store!
Ranked Top #24 in Adventure Games worldwide on App Store!
Ranked Top #121 in Top Games worldwide on the App Store!

*** View new game tutorial for version 1.3 at http:www.lucidspheremedia.com/Necronomicon/necronomicon.html ***

***1st Gen devices NOT supported***

DESCRIPTION:

During a game, players take on the roles of investigators in an attempt to thwart the evil machinations of a sinister cult who have stolen the Necronomicon from Miskatonic Universities library, and have used it to open the gateway to another dimension.

The Necronomicon Horror combines the quick, addictive pace of fantasy card games, combined with the dice-rolling strategy of table-top role-playing games. You can win achievements in the game to unlock new bonus content, and there will be support for downloadable expansions in the future.

Grab your electric torches and revolvers! Youll take on the role of unlikely investigators swept up in a battle against cosmic horrors. With the help of allies, weapons, forbidden knowledge, strategy, and a few twists-of-fate, youll attempt to stop the minions of Cthulhu from invading our world.

The Necronomicon Horror features over 100 beautifully designed cards--created by a dream team of talented artists who have worked for some of the biggest movie, book publishing, and game studios in the world.

The Necronomicon Horror will contain the following key features:

* An evolving game setting based on the pulp horror fiction of H.P. Lovecraft.
* Hours of game play a different game and outcome every time you play.
* Outstanding artwork and production values. Play with a deck of over 100+ stunning cards.
* The fast-paced, addictive game play of RPG and Collectible Card Games, play on-the-go, anywhere!
* Free Bonus Content can be unlocked during the game. Expand your deck by winning new cards.

The Necronomicon Horror is a solo player adventure designed to be played in 10 to 20 minute sanity-bending intervals. During a typical game youll play using an 100+ card deck, drawing various investigators, monsters, treasures, weapons, relics, pitfalls, story cards, and special ability cards, which are all scripted to interact with each other in strategic ways. Your goal is to keep your investigators alive to defeat a Monster invasion which threatens all of Arkham.

Like most trading card and role-playing games, the outcome is driven by an exciting interplay of chance, skill, and strategy.

Players will have the option of purchasing future booster decks to expand the game, and collect new and rare cards by winning achievements and high scores.

Lucidsphere Media Games Studio developed The Necronomicon Horror as an innovative way to experience the compulsive fun of horror role-playing and collectible card games on Apple's iOS devices.

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

11-03-2010, 07:58 PM
Excellent timing! Just finished reading the tutorial on the dev's site.

11-03-2010, 08:03 PM
Location: "The nexus of the crisis and the origin of storms..."
Congrats, Dustin! I'll be getting this soon, lest I incur Cthulu's wrath upon myself!

BBB count: 11
Castor and Pollox blow me to Bermuda!
11-03-2010, 08:06 PM
So, so, so, so, so tempting.
First good review I see will have me buying it...
11-03-2010, 08:16 PM
Downloading now!
11-03-2010, 08:18 PM
Only took 6 months great...
POst your impressions SHutch01
11-03-2010, 08:24 PM
WHOA! Where did this come from??? I've been looking for a boardgame-esque game like this for a long time. Beautiful artwork and I'm sold! Downloading now, impressions later....
11-03-2010, 08:37 PM
And of course it decides to come out right when I stop checking and grab dinner. Wooohooo! Bought!

Congrats Dustin!

Playing: Space Ace, Road Blaster, So Long Oregon, Necronomicon CG, 7th Guest, Deathsmiles
Waiting for: Mad Dog McCree, 11th Hour, Necronomicon CG update!
11-03-2010, 09:04 PM
Not normally interested in this type of game but some reason this has caught my eye downloading now
11-03-2010, 09:06 PM
Just a quick bug to report, game breaking IMO and I've run into it multiple times. While playing the card game portion, after drawing a new card it stays on the screen and I am unable to place it anywhere. It acts as if it's not even there as I can activate the cards underneath and interact with the rest of the board while it obstructs my view. If you exit out to the main menu it remains there as well. I am playing on a 4th gen Touch and have restarted my device and that has not fixed it either. You have to exit the app to fix it and so far it hasn't saved my game so you can't continue.

Fix this soon please! It has a ton of potential with a nice high learning curve and I'm enjoying figuring out how gameplay works.

EDIT: Ummm...yeah, this is happening more and more and it's now pretty much unplayable. I can't recommend a purchase until this is fixed. Anyone else having this issue??

Last edited by Medic8er; 11-03-2010 at 09:12 PM.