★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: CrappyRPG

03-16-2009, 04:10 AM

Will it live up to it's name? Or disappoint us and actually be good? Who is going to TOFTT and let us know?
03-16-2009, 04:27 AM
well if its rubbish you still have to give it 5* cos it says it is

03-16-2009, 05:22 AM
Daily iPhone has some details.
The game that is actually better than it sounds!
Crappy RPG is a classic role-playing hack-n-slash that will keep you enthralled for hours. The game play is endless, and your character is fully customizable, so you’ll always have plenty to do.
-6 powerful and unique skills!
-6 beautiful landscapes!
-29 levels that can be played on ever increasing difficulty!
-5 different enemies each with unique attributes!
-Simple and fun game play!
-Customize your stats and skills anytime!
-Save your game and continue getting more powerful later!
How to Play:
-Tap an enemy to attack, you’ll see it’s health bar go down, when it gets to zero it will disappear and you will get some xp (experience points).
-When the xp bar fills, you’ll level up, press the stats page. For each level you get 1 stat point and 1 skill point, spend these however you want, you can always take them down later.
-Press and hold on an enemy (or anywhere on the screen in the case of wind, meteor, and heal to unleash a skill. This will lower your sp (skill points).
-To change what skill is active, press the corresponding button on the bottom of the screen.
-Experiment and have lots of Fun!
Future updates to include:
-New enemy types
-New skills
-Inventory System
-Equipable Items
-Much much more!
*Note: To try the game out, you can download CrappyRPG Lite wich is a free versions that includes everything up to the first 9 levels.
03-16-2009, 05:59 AM
Lol. You have to give them credit for using reverse phsycology.

TA's resident ios rhythm game player
Former #1 Rhythm Control 2 Player (#2 now)
Unofficial #1 Gears Player (ignoring hackers)
Check out my Rhythm Game thread
03-16-2009, 03:34 PM
At 99 cents I'll probably pick up a copy of this tonight. I'm willing to take some crap for the team

Eric Pankoke
Mobile Games Reviewer: Rusty Sabre, TouchMyApps
Blog: iPhone Life
Twitter: RustySabre
03-16-2009, 03:39 PM
Originally Posted by soup View Post
well if its rubbish you still have to give it 5* cos it says it is
Good point...technically if it is "crappy", then you have to give it 5 stars. But if it's decent or even good, then you'd have to give a star. It makes you wonder how far they could've gotten with iBoobs.
03-16-2009, 03:42 PM
Haha, what a great name.
03-16-2009, 07:52 PM
I am the developer.

Hi everyone, I am the developer of this game that FINALLY got approved.

After the game got rejected for an obscene icon (I think you can guess), I resubmitted both it and the lite version.

The lite version is very limited but will give you a good idea of what the game is like and should be approved by the end of the week (I hope).

Currently the game is in a very incomplete stage as respects my vision but expect many updates in the near future.
03-16-2009, 07:59 PM

Welcome to the forum aceallways! It's always good to see devs here.

I like the name of your game. This is one time that I hope a game does not live up to its name.

Good to see that there is a lite version. I'll check it out.
03-16-2009, 09:06 PM
Well, here's the gist of the game. You walk around several rooms, clicking on monsters to defeat them. Every once in a while you level up, at which time you can boost your Stats and Skills. The controls are too sensitive - when I think I'm clicking on a monster to attack it half the time I just end up moving my character to a different spot in the room. At first I thought the stats screen was broken because I couldn't adjust my stats or skills at all. There is no equipment or treasure to collect, the sound effects that exist are poor, and music is non-existent. On the plus side, you can kill monsters without being anywhere near them. While I haven't played it yet, this feels like a cheap clone of Loot Master. Not trying to be offensive to the developer, but the name suits the product pretty well. I'd be real curious what he actually has envisioned for the future of this product.

Eric Pankoke
Mobile Games Reviewer: Rusty Sabre, TouchMyApps
Blog: iPhone Life
Twitter: RustySabre