★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Air Hockey for Mac - by Acceleroto

11-03-2010, 11:10 PM
#1
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 288
Air Hockey for Mac - by Acceleroto

I'm building a new version of Air Hockey for the Mac! It'll actually have lots of the guts from the upcoming Air Hockey 2 for iOS. It plays really well with a mouse or trackpad.

Here's the latest trailer for the iOS version:

Youtube link | Pop Up
11-18-2010, 06:02 PM
#2
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 288
Work is coming along nicely on Air Hockey. I'm aiming to have it in the store on day 1 of the Mac App Store. Question for ya...

How big would you want your Air Hockey table to be on your computer?

MacBooks typically have screens about 1280x800 pixels for MacBooks, 1366x768 for the new MacBook Airs, 1680x1050 or 1920x1080 for 20-21.5" iMacs, etc. I think the standard iPhone/iPod size (320x480) works really well on most computers and gives you a nice Air Hockey window. iPad or iPhone4 sized screens are doable...at 768x1024 or 640x960. Or, I could go full screen...

Thoughts? Thanks!

11-20-2010, 04:58 AM
#3
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acceleroto View Post
Work is coming along nicely on Air Hockey. I'm aiming to have it in the store on day 1 of the Mac App Store. Question for ya...

How big would you want your Air Hockey table to be on your computer?

MacBooks typically have screens about 1280x800 pixels for MacBooks, 1366x768 for the new MacBook Airs, 1680x1050 or 1920x1080 for 20-21.5" iMacs, etc. I think the standard iPhone/iPod size (320x480) works really well on most computers and gives you a nice Air Hockey window. iPad or iPhone4 sized screens are doable...at 768x1024 or 640x960. Or, I could go full screen...

Thoughts? Thanks!

I think it's important to give mac users a choice for how big they want the table. Nothing frustrates me more than games that force me to run it in a tiny 800x600 or 1024x768 box when i have a 1920x1200 screen.

iPhone 5 & iPad 2 - iOS 6.0.2
Game Center - asfx2600
11-20-2010, 11:41 AM
#4
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASFx View Post
I think it's important to give mac users a choice for how big they want the table. Nothing frustrates me more than games that force me to run it in a tiny 800x600 or 1024x768 box when i have a 1920x1200 screen.
Well, I could think of a few things more frustrating than that - but I get your point. Thanks for the feedback!

The time frame to get this done is extremely tight. I'll be adding more features to the game after the initial release, but expect a super fun Air Hockey game for your Mac with version 1.0.

Thanks!
11-26-2010, 09:39 PM
#5
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 288
Here's a screenshot of Air Hockey on the Mac. Coming soon!

11-27-2010, 03:32 AM
#6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acceleroto View Post
Here's a screenshot of Air Hockey on the Mac. Coming soon!

Looks cool I'm guessing two player wouldn't work on the same computer, seeing as there's only one cursor? What about pricing? Will it be free, couple of dollars?

Please help me by voting for my Doodle God contest entry here! Thanks!!
11-27-2010, 11:23 AM
#7
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTouch.lover22 View Post
Looks cool I'm guessing two player wouldn't work on the same computer, seeing as there's only one cursor? What about pricing? Will it be free, couple of dollars?
Yeah, there's no good way right now on the Mac to have 2 players on the same computer since there's only one mouse pointer. Since there's nothing like iAd right now for the Mac, I'm guessing you won't see near the number of free apps you do on the iPhone. Apple's review guidelines don't allow for "demo" versions either, so I'm not sure if devs will be able to release feature-limited free versions. We'll see! Air Hockey won't be free, but it will be inexpensive. I'll announce launch pricing when it gets closer.
11-27-2010, 01:45 PM
#8
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,068
Looks great!

Am looking forward to it.

www.oneclickmac.com - News, Reviews and Discussion on Mac App Store Gaming.

Latest Reviews:
RAGE Mafia II Doodle Fit
11-28-2010, 10:33 AM
#9
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: NYC, New York. USA
Posts: 2,155
Apple is really taking this game thing seriously. And mark my words that within 2 years they are going to be a power house. with the release of the apple tv,track pad they are planning something very big.... If you invest in stocks this is a great time to buy

Game Center I.D- Fastbridge

Twitch TV Channel Name- Donafello
12-07-2010, 12:09 AM
#10
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 288
Here are a couple Air Hockey screenshots that'll be in the Mac App Store. These are the full size images, so if you're driving a slow connection...upgrade.









Air Hockey - Coming soon to the Mac App Store!