★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Elemental Rage by Oniric Games [metroidvania-style adventure platformer]

11-04-2010, 03:25 PM
Elemental Rage by Oniric Games [metroidvania-style adventure platformer]

Hi there! Elemental Rage is also coming to the Mac App Store. This will be some time after the iOS release, and it'll feature high(er) definition graphics and gamepad as well as keyboard controls.

In case you've missed our posts on the iPhone / iPad upcoming forums, Elemental Rage is a metroidvania-style adventure platformer inspired by some of our favorite games like Zelda and Cave Story.

The game's coming along quite nicely and we'll be updating with new info as soon as we have something interesting to share. Here are a couple of concepts of Huna, the main character, as it'll appear in-game:

Keep an eye on this thread or follow @ElementalRage for the latest updates.

PS: BTW, I'm not sure what the proper etiquette is when you have a multi-platform game. Right now I'm posting to all the Upcoming forums...

Mariano Ruggiero // Follow me on Twitter (@ArtCoder) // Check out our games:
NEW! Elemental Rage - metroidvania-style adventure platformer
Silent Swords // Silent Swords ZERO // Crunchy Planets
11-06-2010, 10:32 AM
Awesome

Wow this game looks very interesting hit me up if you want to beta test the ipod version. I have tested games before.
11-13-2010, 06:55 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Platformers are my favorite type of games... I'm all up for beta testing as well!!!! - if it makes any difference, I have beta tested games, Ultrablast, Grokion, and a project I'm not aloud to speak of. =oP

**edit***

also, might help to mention that Metroid - Metroid Fusion (all 2D Metroid games) are my favorite games OF ALL TIME (Metroid II being #1)

Last edited by syntheticvoid; 11-13-2010 at 06:57 PM.
11-16-2010, 05:31 PM
Thanks for your kind words, guys. I don't know how soon we'll have a beta for you to test, but I'll keep you posted.

Quote:
also, might help to mention that Metroid - Metroid Fusion (all 2D Metroid games) are my favorite games OF ALL TIME (Metroid II being #1)
Great taste in games! Elemental Rage is much simpler than Metroid, but I'm sure you'll have a great time playing it.

01-11-2011, 07:11 PM
Hi there!

Just wanted say Elemental Rage is sill coming to the Mac (some time later than the iOS versions, though). If you have an iOS device (I'm guessing you probably do ) and you'd like to help us beta test our game, head over to the Elemental Rage iPad thread for details on how to sign up: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...35#post1533935

01-12-2011, 10:42 AM
Metroidvania. Love it.

Original Music and Sound Effects Design
www.harrymack.com