★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

[Endloop] Chicken Balls - upcoming physics-based, puzzle/arcade game

11-04-2010, 06:13 PM
[Endloop] Chicken Balls - upcoming physics-based, puzzle/arcade game (SUBMITTED!)

UPDATE:

CHICKEN BALLS has been submitted!! Yay! We're hoping to be able to launch (Apple approval pending) on March 15th so mark your calendars!

Here's a preview video of Chicken Balls in action! (Shot in a hotel room during GDC so please excuse the amateurish quality, we'll have a PROPER trailer done soon).

Youtube link | Pop Up

Here's some of the backstory so far:

It's the summer of 1947 and you are Crash, the BRAVEST chicken this side of New Mexico. You've just come back from the Great War and had hoped to hang up your flight cap for good when an unidentified flying object crash lands just outside the nearby town of Roswell. Little did you know though that this was just the beginning and you'd have to take to the skies - one final time.

Gameplay:

Fling yourself selflessly into the fray to free your farm animal friends from alien abduction by:

- launching Crash using the familiar "slingshot" mechanism
- bouncing Crash off obstacles to bust out your friends from the alien jail cells
- using alien technology ("powerups") to make Crash bigger, faster, stronger and more!

Basically, the game will be a mashup of Angry Birds / Peggle / Ragdoll Blaster and the art style is inspired by Little Big Planet + Kirby's Epic Yarn.

After months of delving on the dark side (productivity apps) we're extremely excited to be finally working on a new game!

Announcing our upcoming game, Chicken Balls! It's a physics-based, puzzle/arcade game with chickens, balls, and UFOs - what more could you want?

We're in closed Beta testing right now and aiming for a Q1 2011 release. Lots more to come soon!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sneakpeek.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	25445  

Endloop Studios
http://www.endloop.ca
Twitter: @endloopstudios
Our Games: Chicken Balls HD Bankshot

Last edited by Endloop; 03-07-2011 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Updated with preview video
11-04-2010, 06:52 PM
jappa, this looks cool. I like physic puzzlers, keep the infos coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatusernameistaken
There's this thing they invented way back in the 80's, it's called a "Joke". You may want to look into it...
Instagram: i5_david, feel free to add me

11-05-2010, 09:04 AM
Thanks! We're working really hard to get it done and as soon as we have some more info, art or gameplay videos, we'll be posting it here first!

Thanks,
Garry

Endloop Studios
11-12-2010, 11:57 AM
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let you all know that we're still working hard on Chicken Balls and we hope to have some more info and screenshots to post soon!

Here's some of the backstory so far:

It's the summer of 1947 and you are Crash, the BRAVEST chicken this side of the New Mexico. You've just come back from the Great War and had hoped to hang up your flight cap for good when an unidentified flying object crash lands just outside the nearby town of Roswell. Little did you know thought that this was just the beginning and you'd have to take to the skies one final time.

Gameplay:
Fling yourself selflessly into the fray to free your farm animal friends from alien abduction by:

- launching Crash using the familiar "slingshot" mechanism
- bouncing Crash off obstacles to bust out your friends from the alien jail cells
- using alien technology ("powerups") to make Crash bigger, faster, stronger and more!

Basically, the game will be a mashup of Angry Birds / Peggle / Ragdoll Blaster and the art style is inspired by Little Big Planet + Kirby's Epic Yarn.

We're making great progress and can't wait to share what we've got so far! Stay tuned for some more screenshots and hopefully a gameplay video soon!

Endloop Studios
11-19-2010, 06:31 PM
Alpha!

Hey kids,

We're happy to report that we're in Alpha now and heading rapidly towards Beta. In celebration of our Alpha, we've released our first official screenshot of actual gameplay! (see Updated first post)

This isn't Final Art, but we are definitely getting close for the first stage. Would love to hear any and all feedback on the art style and anything else about the game!

All questions are welcome as well!

Thanks!!

Endloop Studios
11-19-2010, 10:01 PM
Hi Endloop!
Sorry, you have been almost talking to yourself all this while.

The game looks like a mixture of Angry Birds, Bumps & the gfx style of Battle of puppets.
I am liking it so far

Mis-quotes!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSon View Post
The bottom two is where you can buy your bottom turrets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
at this point I should say we're not looking for anymore guys
11-20-2010, 04:52 AM
looks cool indeed. thanks for the updates endloop, hope the final version is also getting gamecenter with some neat achievements to collect

Quote:
There's this thing they invented way back in the 80's, it's called a "Joke". You may want to look into it...
11-20-2010, 07:29 PM
Thanks for the replies guys! We know we've been a bit scarce with the updates but all that means is that we're working hard to get the game ready for release. Can't wait to show you guys more of it as I'm sure you're going to love it!

And yes, we're going to have lots of Game Center (and OpenFeint) achievements to collect.

Thanks,
Team Endloop

Endloop Studios
11-20-2010, 08:28 PM
you are welcome!
the wait continues

Mis-quotes!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSon View Post
The bottom two is where you can buy your bottom turrets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
at this point I should say we're not looking for anymore guys
11-21-2010, 05:19 AM
FARMAGEDDON!

lots of achievements sounds awesome. tease us with a new screenie

Quote: