★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Eric Brill
  • Genre: Simulation
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 1.7 MB
  • Version: 1.0.1
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Tired of using your legs and arms to jump rope? Now all you need is one finger! "Jump Off" is jump rope for you finger. Hold your finger down to begin. Earn points when your finger is down. Jump over the rope but make sure not to drag your finger! There are 4 different difficulties Beginner, Intermediate, Challenging, and Expert. The rope speeds up and becomes unpredictable. The screen shrinks and makes it harder to see the rope. Collect smileys that slow the rope down, earn you points, widen the screen, and even reverse the rope. Online and local leader board included thanks to Openfeint. Made with Cocos2d.

Follow Eric Brill: @BrilliantAiRiC
Eric Brill's thoughts and other creations: http://brilliantairic.com

Brilliant AiRic's comments:
Jump Off: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/jump-off/id400071450?mt=8

Jump Off Lite: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/jump-off-lite/id401011130?mt=8

Tired of using your legs and arms to jump rope? Now all you need is one finger! "Jump Off" is jump rope for you finger. Hold your finger down to begin. Earn points when your finger is down. Jump over the rope but make sure not to drag your finger! There are 4 different difficulties Beginner, Intermediate, Challenging, and Expert. The rope speeds up and becomes unpredictable. The screen shrinks and makes it harder to see the rope. Collect smileys that slow the rope down, earn you points, widen the screen, and even reverse the rope. Online and local leader board included thanks to Openfeint. Made with Cocos2d.

Youtube link | Pop Up

L9EYH4MR9A7H
PELR7NHJNPR6
Y4M7XR6HJMN3
HNF3H9LPLMP6
KPL9WJYAPP6J
PNNX4MWEAK9Y
EYT9XEAHHXJE

If a lot of people use these up I'll add more
11-04-2010, 09:54 PM
Thanks!

11-04-2010, 10:49 PM
april

Aprils fools day already? This is a joke right?
11-05-2010, 12:05 AM
Do you think the game play is no good or are you talking about the description?
11-05-2010, 03:41 PM
Jump Off - Gameplay Demo

This was where the youtube video was now I posted it above ^^

Last edited by Brilliant AiRic; 11-06-2010 at 12:18 PM.
11-05-2010, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brilliant AiRic View Post
Do you think the game play is no good or are you talking about the description?
He's referring to the horrid art. You used some pictures of wood and grass instead of actual art. You also used a smiley face you pulled off the internet. Obviously you spent no time on this. I strongly urge you to either take some money and find an amateur artist. You can find some on sites such as DeviantArt or PixelJoint. You could also do some actual art yourself, but I think outsourcing is a better option here. You should pull your game now and republish under a new one so no one associates the old art with the revised game. Unless you do this, you will find NO success on the App Store, sorry to say.

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero
11-05-2010, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlejumper View Post
He's referring to the horrid art. You used some pictures of wood and grass instead of actual art. You also used a smiley face you pulled off the internet. Obviously you spent no time on this. I strongly urge you to either take some money and find an amateur artist. You can find some on sites such as DeviantArt or PixelJoint. You could also do some actual art yourself, but I think outsourcing is a better option here. You should pull your game now and republish under a new one so no one associates the old art with the revised game. Unless you do this, you will find NO success on the App Store, sorry to say.
Thanks for the suggestions. I drew the smiley faces in illustrator. I may consider changing the ground to actually art rather then the pictures I took. What type of art were you thinking for the ground? At least my smileys were good enough that you thought I stole them so that's a compliment.
11-05-2010, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Thanks for the suggestions. I drew the smiley faces in illustrator. I may consider changing the ground to actually art rather then the pictures I took. What type of art were you thinking for the ground? At least my smileys were good enough that you thought I stole them so that's a compliment.
That's not for me to really think about, it's not my game. It's yours. Think about turning those faces into actual characters and giving them a backstory. Give the game purpose. Right now it looks incredibly boring. Some games are endless runners, others puzzle games. You need a purpose. This is something you can talk over with your artist.

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero
11-05-2010, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlejumper View Post
That's not for me to really think about, it's not my game. It's yours. Think about turning those faces into actual characters and giving them a backstory. Give the game purpose. Right now it looks incredibly boring. Some games are endless runners, others puzzle games. You need a purpose. This is something you can talk over with your artist.
I'm the kind of person who always skips the story and just wants to get on with the game. I mean did Pacman or Doodle Jump ever have a real story? Not really. There are a lot of games that don't have stories, but are still really entertaining.

I do agree is may be a little to simple, which may be making it boring for you. It is my first app.
11-05-2010, 04:45 PM
Quote:
I'm the kind of person who always skips the story and just wants to get on with the game. I mean did Pacman or Doodle Jump ever have a real story? Not really. There are a lot of games that don't have stories, but are still really entertaining.

I do agree is may be a little to simple, which may be making it boring for you. It is my first app.
Doodle Jump and Pac-Man had awesome art. Get an artist.