★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Annoyed at Glu Mobile

11-04-2010, 10:31 PM
Annoyed at Glu Mobile

This is mostly my own annoyance

Glu's a great company with great products, but W T F? They don't update their old stuff. Glyder nor Glyder 2 are available for iOS 4.1 on my 2G touch. Is it available for newer devices?

Devs abandon games, yeah, but it's Glu. Also, as an investment, Apple spends a lot of time approving and rejecting apps; every few months they should really go over ones that haven't been updated and just check if they're compatible with the latest iOS.

Does anyone else have any distress over OS upgrades breaking games and relatively large developers ignoring them?

Now Playing: , Civilization Rev for iPad, Hero Academy, Sonic Racing, Kingdom Rush, Dungeon Raid, Where's my Where's My Water updates?
11-05-2010, 12:39 AM
Yeah, it's available to me on my iPhone 4.
But Glu has pretty much made everything that isn't trademarked (Like How to train your dragon) free through many many sales. They won't update things they didn't really make much money off.

11-05-2010, 01:13 AM
They're working on fixing Glyder 1 and 2, it's just been pulled from the store while they do.

Some devs are a lot worse, both Phantoom Entertainment and Higefive have had broken games for months, but the main problem is they are ignoring their customers and have no intention of fixing it.

~ Game Center ID: Amalah ~
~ Plus+ ID, OpenFeint ID: UnicornMoon ~
~ Playing: Tiny Wings, Chocolate Tycoon, Pocket Frogs, Sad Princess, Stylish Dash ~
03-15-2011, 01:53 PM
It's been four months ... I suppose it's safe to assume these are never coming back?

I guess "How To Train Your Dragon" will do for now. Really wanted a Pilotwings type game.
03-15-2011, 02:23 PM
Glu wrote back to me. Glyder is dead.

Thank you for contacting Glu Mobile Customer Service.

We regret to inform you that the Glyder and Glyder 2 games are no longer being supported on the iOS4.x platform and the current issues effecting the game will not be fixed. We are very sorry about this disappointing news. The apps are no longer available for download in the App Store. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
03-15-2011, 09:22 PM
If the apps don't work or are buggy and have been pulled - it could be the grounds for a refund. I haven't played those games for ages. Had lots of fun with them though.

Icon is a window to game's soul...
03-15-2011, 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by JindoFox View Post
Really wanted a Pilotwings type game.
This is where you buy a Nintendo 3DS with Pilotwings

゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
03-15-2011, 09:56 PM
Yeah, I loved the Glyder games. I don't buy stuff from Glu anymore, partially because of their pulling them (as well as Beat It!) and also partially because I don't care for the IAP models they use. Not to say I would never support them in the future if they put out something that was amazing, but my default setting is "Glu games=don't care."

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms