★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Testing app on device?

03-16-2009, 01:36 PM
Testing app on device?

Here is my goal: to test my app on my device. Here is what I have done: paid the $99, and did a few things that don't makes sense on the site (private dev only part). What should I do? If anyone has a basic idea (devs only please), I would like that. Thank you!
03-16-2009, 01:53 PM
Follow the guide(s) on the portal.

They walk you through it step by step, screenshots and everything.

I think there's even a wizard style interface now.

Didev Studios || Twitter || YouTube || Facebook
Releases
GeoSnake || Bugz || Review Scraper (Open Source)

03-16-2009, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsertWittyName View Post
Follow the guide(s) on the portal.

They walk you through it step by step, screenshots and everything.

I think there's even a wizard style interface now.
I guess I am dumb I can't seem to get it right. I got it to read the device in xcode, but then I had an error.
03-16-2009, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WellSpentYouth View Post
I guess I am dumb I can't seem to get it right. I got it to read the device in xcode, but then I had an error.
What was the error?
And have you searched the developer forums on the apple iphone developer site for a solution to fix that error?
03-16-2009, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseTreeRobot View Post
What was the error?
And have you searched the developer forums on the apple iphone developer site for a solution to fix that error?
Basically, in my organizer (after I followed all of the prompted steps) a beta provision thing didn't appear and my beta provision that I dragged in (not showing in summary of device) has an error that says I don't have the correct udid, but I put the right one in. So basically what I have to do is: make a certificate, a provision, add my device, add an app id? Is that correct? I must have done something :[
03-16-2009, 04:26 PM
Update: Here is what I have now in my organizer, a warning that says "A signing identity matching this profile could not be found in your keychain". What does this mean and how can I fix it? Thank you!
03-16-2009, 04:30 PM
if you want users to test it, change the game to a .zip file before that, get there UDID enter it in with that game and send it via e-mail to the corrct devices.
03-16-2009, 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourofl10 View Post
if you want users to test it, change the game to a .zip file before that, get there UDID enter it in with that game and send it via e-mail to the corrct devices.
No, I am just trying to get it on my device.
03-16-2009, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WellSpentYouth View Post
No, I am just trying to get it on my device.
ohh ok, well atleast I help u with ther Ad Hoc version lol
03-16-2009, 05:18 PM
My experience has been that XCode is sometimes doesn't recognize the developer profile right away. The solution that I have found is sometimes to just quit and restart XCode.

Developer of Petri. Available now on the iTunes Store.

These days I work with Tonchidot on Sekai Camera.